General Question for Canadian Caggers

xDerekRx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
Was just wondering, as a person who lives on the border but rarely ventures over, does Canadas counterpart stores do any of the things that the US stores do?

Example. Do Best Buys ever do Penny Strategy Guide drops? Does Sears do clearance ever? Does ToysRus ever do clearance there?

I hate to be so general but if they did things like that Id probably be more willing to venture over.

[quote name='xDerekRx']Was just wondering, as a person who lives on the border but rarely ventures over, does Canadas counterpart stores do any of the things that the US stores do?

Example. Do Best Buys ever do Penny Strategy Guide drops? Does Sears do clearance ever? Does ToysRus ever do clearance there?

I hate to be so general but if they did things like that Id probably be more willing to venture over.[/QUOTE]

Its generally not worth your time to come here to shop barring the occaisional promo. Boxing Day is our Black Friday. No real amazing clearance sales either.

Boxing Day is definitely the only day to come over, but it gets crazy (as I'm sure your Black Friday's do)... you'd certainly be needing to get up here at store openings (anywhere from 6-10am depending) if you want to capture their best deals, especially on large ticket items. Possibly earlier for stores with lines.

On Boxing Day you can also get a lot of really killer deals on small-ticket items throughout the afternoon. Cheap DVD, BR, and/or boxsets; mp3 players; cameras; used video games, sometimes; lots of items that will tempt you merely by means of their sale price.

[quote name='xDerekRx']Was just wondering, as a person who lives on the border but rarely ventures over, does Canadas counterpart stores do any of the things that the US stores do?

I hate to be so general but if they did things like that Id probably be more willing to venture over.[/QUOTE]

No to all three of your questions.

BB here will sell you something for $29.99 that was $19.99 four years ago. Sears does not sell games in Canada (except for online), and TRU in Canada is terrible. I've maybe seen 1-2 clearance sales there in the past 3-4 years, and they're incredibly random at that, as stores have such little stock. (There are also very few TRU stores left)

Thanks for the answers guys.

The only time Ive noticed a worthwhile CAG trip to Ontario was for EB Games as they had older titles still

I hear at Wal-Mart, if you ride your polar bear to the store, and park it in the stable, you get 10% off your purchase for being environmentally friendly, never tried it though, too much of a hassle for 10%. :D

Couldn't resist. Sorry :lol:

[quote name='KILLER TREKKY']I hear at Wal-Mart, if you ride your polar bear to the store, and park it in the stable, you get 10% off your purchase for being environmentally friendly, never tried it though, too much of a hassle for 10%. :D

Couldn't resist. Sorry :lol:
[/QUOTE]

you mean there's another type of transportation here other than polar bear? Dog sled maybe?

Having moved to Canada from the states years ago, i was really amazed that they really don't have any good deals here at all, even on boxing day, at least nothing compared to the states. I recently ordered a book from amazon.com and had it shipped here and it was still cheaper with shipping by about $10 than if i ordered it on amazon.ca.

you would think with the economy still sluggish that stores would want to try to kick start it by having some good sales. Good thing i have family in the states so i can take advantage of the deals there.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back