Generation Nex

SkeletonBrute

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Forgive a newbie if posting in wrong thread, but I was wondering if any of you have tried one of those Generation NEX game systems by Messiah Entertainment. I have a few old NES games such as Final Fantasy, Zelda II, and others lying around that I need to either play or trade or something. ( I hate to see em going to waster) I am just looking for anyone's opinion of how well this thing works, etc. Thanks CAGs!!!

This probably belongs in "Old School and other game systems".

I'd move it but alas, I have no such mod powers.

Assuming you're talking about one of those "NES on a chip" systems, they work decently well but some games don't run. Castlevania 3 and Megaman 6 spring to mind.

I like mine. Works well with the wireless controllers and all. Um... I don't know what else to say about it. Got any specific questions?
-G

Thanks CAGs, I doubt I will be picking one up, however sometime in the near future I may have some Old NES games up for trade or sale or something ...I need to test them first.

[quote name='WeLoveDaisuke']I'd suggest you buy them from Messiah Directly.[/quote]
Why? GC will give me 12 free rentals.

[quote name='J7.']Why? GC will give me 12 free rentals.[/quote]
If I knew there were delicious Triscuit crackers in the car, I would have eaten them.

I still prefer the original toaster for US nes games. Then you'll alwyas know all or your games will work.

I would try finding one at a swapmeet or thrift store. Does GameCrazy still sell original NES?

Then upgrade the pin connectors. It's like having a brand new NES once the pins have been upgraded.

[quote name='Jangofatt']Does GameCrazy still sell original NES?

Then upgrade the pin connectors. It's like having a brand new NES once the pins have been upgraded.[/quote]

If you can find one in stock, yes. But considering they starting doing a fire sale on the classic plastic back in June and stopped accepting the system, I doubt many will have one. Plus the fact that they sell them for $50 used pretty much kills the deal(system did not get a price drop).

Also finding a new pin connector can be a pain now that Nintendo has ran out of NES pin connectors.

If he can find a Generation Nex, more power to him. Better to play a fully working system with wireless controllers than to have a used one blink cause the pin connector is bad.

bread's done
Back