Generation of Chaos PSP $19.97 @ Amazon.com

serum79

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
I know this doesn't qualify for free shipping unless you buy a filler for $5 and change, but I still think it's a decent deal either way because I don't remember seeing it for a cheaper price recently.

Generation of Chaos

I see some marketplace sellers have the game for as low as $7.66 new, but I am not sure how reliable they are.

Weird this is listed twice - once for $39.99 (with pic) and the other in the OP. Are they both the same?

Jeremy

[quote name='jrutz']Weird this is listed twice - once for $39.99 (with pic) and the other in the OP. Are they both the same?

Jeremy[/quote]

I noticed that too, but they have to be the same. It is still listed as a video game for the psp. The 39.99 listing has all stores from target to j&r and those places. The other listing for 19.97 is from amazon.com and it says that it was 39.99, but is now 50% off.

[quote name='the ender']Just a word of warning: this game sucks. Its design screams "I was not intended for a portable system!".[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Generation of Chaos is a terrible, terrible game.

[quote name='the ender']Just a word of warning: this game sucks. Its design screams "I was not intended for a portable system!".[/QUOTE]Not a fan of the Spectral stuff, eh?

What's so bad about it? It's a little tedious, but I think it's decent overall.

I guess the design isn't intended for a portable system. So let's scrap that Disgaea PSP idea! :whistle2:#

[quote name='heybtbm']Agreed. Generation of Chaos is a terrible, terrible game.[/QUOTE]

I third this motion. It's absolutely impossible to pick up and play. The game manual is no help either.

Get ready for hours of frustration until you figure out how to play. And after that - meh - it's below average.

[quote name='B:L']Not a fan of the Spectral stuff, eh?

What's so bad about it? It's a little tedious, but I think it's decent overall.

I guess the design isn't intended for a portable system. So let's scrap that Disgaea PSP idea! :whistle2:#[/quote]

Definitely not a fan of Spectral Souls, if that is what you are referring to. That game is crap as well.

I am a fan of strategy RPGs, such as Disgaea, FFT, Vanguard Bandits, X-Com, etc.....but GoC is totally inferior to these titles, as is Spectral Souls.

I think it's possible to make these games in a manner that works for portable systems. FFTA is a good example. It's not hard really; you just have to make an acceptable save system and bearable loading times.

And yea, GoC was certainly tedious. ;)

[quote name='the ender']Definitely not a fan of Spectral Souls, if that is what you are referring to. That game is crap as well.

I am a fan of strategy RPGs, such as Disgaea, FFT, Vanguard Bandits, X-Com, etc.....but GoC is totally inferior to these titles, as is Spectral Souls.

I think it's possible to make these games in a manner that works for portable systems. FFTA is a good example. It's not hard really; you just have to make an acceptable save system and bearable loading times.

And yea, GoC was certainly tedious. ;)[/QUOTE]

Don't forget Super Robot Taisen: Original Generation. It is an awesome SRPG.

I concur with all the negative comments that people are leaving about this game. It's not worth $20, maybe $10 as a clearance game, but definitely not $20. I played through the whole thing back when it came out and any of the games positives are outweighed by negatives. It loads constantly (such as when people are speaking), it's incredibly tedious, little to nothing is explained, and even once you figure it all out, it's a very easy game requiring little strategy.

I do commend NIS for releasing the guide in PDF form for downloading. This shows that they at least give somewhat of a damn about their customers.

I placed the order. It's not too pricey and I'm sure it will colelct dust with rest of my PSP RPGS but oh well. Won't ship until Feb. since I threw in the third Hack game novel (feb 13th release). This way I get the cheap price and won't have to pay for a while :)

[quote name='wolverinefactor']I placed the order. It's not too pricey and I'm sure it will colelct dust with rest of my PSP RPGS but oh well. Won't ship until Feb. since I threw in the third Hack game novel (feb 13th release). This way I get the cheap price and won't have to pay for a while :)[/quote]

But by Feb, the game will likely be 10 bucks somewhere. I guess I'm just too tired right now.

I placed an order a few days ago and received something completely different in the mail today. I got Gamer Graffix for the Xbox360. I got in touch with Amazon.com and they apologized and are trying to send me out the game. I asked if the same mistake would be made again and the guy told me it's a possibility. What the hell is that about?
I didn't have to pay return shipping or anything like that, so that's cool, but I am annoyed to say the least.

bread's done
Back