Genji: Days of The Blade

jarhed323

CAGiversary!
Hey all, just wanted to drop you a quick note and say that I stopped into my local Game Craze (store #8) and picked up "Genji: Days of The Blade" for $29 NEW (used was $18.99).

I've been eyeing it for a bit, and this price seemed like a great deal. Wanted to share.

If I had a GC near me, then I would probably bite. It's not a good price, but I guess it's a decent deal for this particular game if I don't want to use eBay.

As far as price reductions, this is a confusing title. The game is not that good, but it's passable. I have been waiting for this to drop to $20 or lower for a long time. There are literally dozens of these sitting on the shelves of BB, CC, Walmart and Target around me. Nobody buys them, but they are still $60. TRU has these between $25 and $35, but refuses to restock them for some reason. Since there are none in stock, nobody was willing to PM it for me.

That whole PM gig is so infuryating to me... It's goes to show what greedy wh*res these corporate entities are. Willing to shave a few bucks to get the sale, but not out of customer service ("Sorry, the competitor doesn't have it, so you are going to have to buy it from us at FULL price -- and for most of the gen-pop, they would gladly pay FULL price for the "I NEED IT NOW, CREDIT-GENERATION").

IMHO games should be a set rate across the market, like Apple computers. Everybody should have to sell them for the same price. This could perhaps entice persons to go out and buy the game rather than waiting for a "sale".

Think how much better sales might actually be for the game devopers/publishers. Eventually they will all come down in price, but why not level the playing field for the initial marketing, when they can make the most.

Just some ramblings..BTW, when I finish, if you haven't picked it up I'll IM you. :)

A bunch of Targets around me have the game for $29.99. I'm waiting for a $14.99 - $19.99 price before I jump on it.

[quote name='pcktlnt']Just double checking, is it Game Craze or Game Crazy? I wouldn't mind getting it for $18.99[/quote]

It is indead, Game Craze (with an 'e').

wampa8jedi: in the future, I will do that. thanks for the information; i'm new here, so all advice is great advice :)

[quote name='jarhed323']That whole PM gig is so infuryating to me... It's goes to show what greedy wh*res these corporate entities are. Willing to shave a few bucks to get the sale, but not out of customer service ("Sorry, the competitor doesn't have it, so you are going to have to buy it from us at FULL price -- and for most of the gen-pop, they would gladly pay FULL price for the "I NEED IT NOW, CREDIT-GENERATION").

IMHO games should be a set rate across the market, like Apple computers. Everybody should have to sell them for the same price. This could perhaps entice persons to go out and buy the game rather than waiting for a "sale".

Think how much better sales might actually be for the game devopers/publishers. Eventually they will all come down in price, but why not level the playing field for the initial marketing, when they can make the most.

Just some ramblings..BTW, when I finish, if you haven't picked it up I'll IM you. :)

[/quote]
I wholeheartedly agree with you, but you forgot to mention how most of the games that come out these days have advertisements in them and still cost $60.

IMO, a game should cost around the same as a DVD. I bet they'd see a significant spike in sales (and therefore royalties) if they dropped to MSRP $30 (probably triple or better sales).

Just a quick FYI....

If you have a FRy's near you, go and check it out. Genji has been selling for $19.99 for a little while now. I picked it up and it is worth your $20 :D

I picked this up a while ago for like $12 or so at TRU. It seemed like a clearence price so I assumed it had been clearenced out at all TRUs. Guess maybe I got lucky.

[quote name='jarhed323']It is indead, Game Craze (with an 'e').

wampa8jedi: in the future, I will do that. thanks for the information; i'm new here, so all advice is great advice :)

[/quote]
You can edit your title buy clicking on edit > go advanced

bread's done
Back