Geographically shaq-fued CAGs

UnderwaterMadman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
In my entire county there are four places to buy newly released video games. EB, walmart, BJs, and an FYE. The closest of which is over twenty minutes away. The EB is probably one of the worst I have been to, Walmart has absolutely no deals and always seems to not carry a game that I really want at any given time, BJs selection is poor, and the FYE just plain sucks. To make matters worse each of these places is about a half hour away.

Best Buy 1.5 hours, Cicuit City 2.5 hours, Toys R Us 2-3 hours.

I know I am a little whine ass and some people undoubtedly have it worse than me but I felt like bitching anyway.

Do any other CAGs consider themselves geographically fucked?

Count me in. I get lucky sometimes but not always and the closest BB is about an hour away for me. I do have a Kmart and Target and Gamestop but pretty shitty deals for me most of the time

[quote name='GrimNecroWizard']You should just order online and try to get good deals there. Unless the shipping is a lot then it shouldn't be that bad.[/QUOTE]

I do order online but it is still nice to browse a store and maybe find something I would have otherwise overlooked. I think what gets me the most about it is that I can't participate in any of the massive clearance sales at circuit city/best buy/ toys r us.

One benefit though was I did manage to get a wii a couple of weeks ago from Walmarts first shipment after xmas. Also, the last few times I have checked the cases at Walmart they have had a large amount of DS lites.

When I'm actually at home (summers, winter break) I'm in a pretty terrible place for games. The closest stores to me when at home are Wal-Mart and K-Mart, which would be 24 miles round trip. The next closest place with games would be almost 80 miles away! (Where I go to college, actually.)

The major stores are all within like 8 miles or so (Best Buy, Circuit City, EBGamestop etc), but we don't have any of the smaller chains, and there aren't really any regional chains. The ones that we do have never have any good deals or anything, so there isn't much of an incentive to go to them. The only regional game store that I know of has ridiculous prices, although they do sell games dating back to the very early days. We don't have GameCrazy or GameRush though, or Rhino. We don't even have any of the music chain stores.

I don't have ANYWHERE in my town to buy games. The closest walmart and best buy are an hour and a half away.

No, I have to drive from Quebec to a small city in New York to buy video games.
[quote name='UnderwaterMadman']do we have a winner?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='danito']I don't have ANYWHERE in my town to buy games. The closest walmart and best buy are an hour and a half away.[/QUOTE]

i get a lot of fort bragg people coming through the target where i work (santa rosa) and complaining that you guys got jack shit there

I do it every Saturday. It's worth it... 7% tax with regular prices compared to 16% tax at jacked up prices. Not to mention beer... Beer is $17-18 before the 16% tax.
[quote name='YoshiFan1']That must be annoying having to cross the border all the time.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='naes']I do it every Saturday. It's worth it... 7% tax with regular prices compared to 16% tax at jacked up prices. Not to mention beer... Beer is $17-18 before the 16% tax.[/QUOTE]

$17-$18 canadian dollars for a two-four? Thats not bad your beer has a higher content of alcohol, right?

Are you buying your games in Malone?

It's for a 12 pack. And I'm not sure honestly, my dad drinks it. He prefers American beer.

And no, we buy them in Plattsburgh.
[quote name='UnderwaterMadman']$17-$18 canadian dollars for a two-four? Thats not bad your beer has a higher content of alcohol, right?

Are you buying your games in Malone?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='kristianator']i get a lot of fort bragg people coming through the target where i work (santa rosa) and complaining that you guys got jack shit there[/quote]

Yeah, I'm not surprised. There is literally no cool store here. Hey since you live in Santa Rosa, I have to ask. Is there any good places to buy games over there? I mean I know of the big retailers but is there anywhere else?

Well at home, it's an absolutely ideal situation since there's multiple CCs, Best Buy's, Gamestops, etc. all over the place. At school... not as good. From here, it takes like 20 minutes to get to any place worth shopping at. Still not awful, but compared to how it is at home... pretty weak.

Haha awesome thread.

The only thing I have in a reasonable driving distance is a Kmart 5 minutes away, and a Wal-Mart and a shitty Gamestop both 25 minutes away.

The closest Best Buy and Circuit City are 45-50 minutes away, and the good Gamestops/EBs are about the same distance or more.

op, where do you live? Your Jets fan but you cant live in NY/NJ if theres nothing within 90 minutes of you.

I have almost the opposite problem. Theres millions of EB's & GS's and Best Buys, Targets, etc all around me. My problem is that the population density is soo great here that theres tons of gamers, collectors, etc. So any deals you hear about you need to jump on it immediately or it will be gone forever.

[quote name='Puffa469']op, where do you live? Your Jets fan but you cant live in NY/NJ if theres nothing within 90 minutes of you.

I have almost the opposite problem. Theres millions of EB's & GS's and Best Buys, Targets, etc all around me. My problem is that the population density is soo great here that theres tons of gamers, collectors, etc. So any deals you hear about you need to jump on it immediately or it will be gone forever.[/QUOTE]

I am in Northern New York, originally from around the Syracuse area. I can still be a die hard Jets fan right?!?!?!

I feel your pain. Also, in places with relatively few cities that have major electronics retail stores (such as Alabama), many CAGs will hit the same location. This means bum rushing a deal as fast as possible.

I lived in Utah for a year, in the middle of the desert (for those wondering, in a place called Dugway proving grounds). The only thing on post was a small commisary and a small PX, for which the only games available were board games. There were two ways out: an hour and a half drive down Skull Valley Road to the interstate and another hour minutes north to Salt Lake City; or an hour drive through a mountain pass to the nearest fast food restaurant and a Wal Mart in Toole. We're talking bum fuck Egypt in the desert. This is before the interwebs.. the only new game that I bought that year was FF VI for SNES.. $70, at a Salt Lake City TRU, in one dollar bills and quarters earned from being a bagboy at the commisary :)

Another place like that would be in an absolute shithole known as Waycross, GA. Southern GA really is a wasteland, with Valdosta being the only town with anything like a CC. You either had to drive an hour and a half to Valdosta, or an hour and a half to Jacksonville, FL. I lived there for nearly a year.. and met a couple embraced in incest, told I was a genius for graduating high school, and making $6.00 an hour was considered "alot of money." Truly the asscrack of the planet.

[quote name='Puffa469']I have almost the opposite problem. Theres millions of EB's & GS's and Best Buys, Targets, etc all around me. My problem is that the population density is soo great here that theres tons of gamers, collectors, etc. So any deals you hear about you need to jump on it immediately or it will be gone forever.[/QUOTE]

Seconded. I've had to drive around for an hour and a half just to find one store with the deal in stock. After the 5th Best Buy, you start seeing blue shirts in your dreams.

I live in the city of Boston (and like most college students here, don't drive a car), and I have a BB and EB Games about 15 minutes walk from here, and they're building a second BB 10 minutes from here. The nearest CC and Target are a 45 minute subway-ride away.

[quote name='UnderwaterMadman']I am in Northern New York, originally from around the Syracuse area. I can still be a die hard Jets fan right?!?!?![/quote]

If you are not a bills fan, then who will be?

[quote name='UnderwaterMadman']I am in Northern New York, originally from around the Syracuse area. I can still be a die hard Jets fan right?!?!?![/quote]

Of course you can be a diehard Jets fan! =)

So you live near the 'scuse' huh? I used to hang out in Troy alot, and I went to Suny Oneonta for a couple years, and there was never anything up there back then, I seems that not much has changed.

I am one of the most gegraphically fuck ed. I live in Norway. Here teh game retails for MSRP(which equals to $80:applause:) for their lifetime. Strangely today i got an offer for Oblvion for 360 $25 thats like extremely extraordinary cheap. I got to pick that one up. (Saving for X360 mode). I hope this is a sign of cheapassgamer holyness coming here to Norway:D

Praise the online UK stores ;-)

Wow, the internet must be a blessing for you guys. I was worried when I moved from inner-city Minneapolis to suburban Maryland, but we have a lot of choices out here.

I guess I am lucky here, in an hour drive there is aat least 10 Best Buy's, 5 Circuit City's, 6 malls, and at least 20 EB/GS stores.

Dallas must be popular or something. :cool:

bread's done
Back