German store offers free PS3 if you Destroy Xbox 360

These things amaze me. The only one to do it properly was that one PC gaming mag/site (the name is lost to me) that gave some guy this insanely expensive gaming PC but made him sign a contract to never play console games for X amount of years.

Not real familar with 360 prices in Europe, but I'd certainly be up for this. Even if you're not a PS3 fan, just like someone else mentioned just sell away the new PS3 and go buy a spanking new 360 plus take the extra $100-200 to spend of some new games or something.

[quote name='Surferflames']These things amaze me. The only one to do it properly was that one PC gaming mag/site (the name is lost to me) that gave some guy this insanely expensive gaming PC but made him sign a contract to never play console games for X amount of years.[/QUOTE]

PC Gamer did that in conjunction with I think Falcon Northwest (or maybe Alienware). A whole bunch of people from the front of the Sony line put their name in a hat to get to do it. They interviewed the guy on the podcast a week or two later, and they'll be checking up on him as time goes on. He really happy to win.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']Not real familar with 360 prices in Europe, but I'd certainly be up for this. Even if you're not a PS3 fan, just like someone else mentioned just sell away the new PS3 and go buy a spanking new 360 plus take the extra $100-200 to spend of some new games or something.[/QUOTE]

The Xbox360 is 299 Euro for the premium pack (~$399US) and that's just the MSRP. There are many special offers where you get the console bundled with 1 or 2 games for not much more than that price. The PS3 is 599 Euro (~$799US). So you could buy an Xbox360 + at least 1 game + the HD-DVD add-on + the W-LAN adapter for the price of a PS3 :)

[quote name='derder']i wonder what fucking retarded is in german[/QUOTE]

"komplett bescheuert" is a pretty good match :)

I would totally do this. You'd have to be a fucking moron not to.

I'd pull off my hard drive first, and then smash the thing to smitherines right on the spot. I would thoroughly enjoy it in all honesty, knowing I was essentially making $300 to do something I'd normally lose $300 over. And I'd urinate on it if the wanted me to.

Essentially you're getting a free $600 PS3 for the price of a $300 core system and warrantee. If MSoft announced the Elite system I'd sell my new PS3, use the dough to grab the Elite and a new DS.

bread's done
Back