Get $100 Ebay Coupon for listing game console, tablet, or computer and it doesn't sell (ymmv by invite only)

dreamer131313

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
Get $100 Ebay Coupon for listing game console, tablet, or computer and it doesn't sell (ymmv by invite only) targeted offer

ELIGIBLE ITEMS: http://pages.ebay.com/promo/2014/0818/TechGG100.html#eligibletech

When is it?
This Promotion will begin on August 18, 2014, at 00:00:01 PT (12:00AM plus one second), and will end on August 24, 2014, at 23:59:59 PT (11:59PM plus 59 seconds) for listings on www.ebay.com (the "Promotion Period").

Restrictions & Exclusions.

LIMIT ONE (1) QUALIFYING LISTING PER PERSON AND PER EBAY USER ID DURING THE PROMOTION PERIOD.
This Promotion excludes Good 'Til Cancelled duration, listings with a Reserve Price, and listings with "For Parts or Repair" item condition selected.
All Qualifying Listings must comply with all applicable eBay policies, including eBay's Duplicate Listing policy that allows for the removal of duplicate fixed price listings.
Any attempted form of participation in this Promotion other than as described herein is void. If it is discovered or suspected at eBay's sole discretion that a seller has registered or attempted to participate in the Promotion more than once using multiple email addresses, multiple identities, multiple eBay User IDs/accounts, proxy servers or like methods, all of that seller's listings will be declared null and void, and that seller will be ineligible to participate in the Promotion. Also, if it is discovered that any seller attempts to receive additional listings in excess of the stated limitation of one (1) Qualifying Listing per person and per eBay User ID, that seller will, at eBay's sole discretion, be disqualified from the Promotion.
The Promotion excludes listings with a start date prior to August 18, 2014 (including those listings revised during the Promotion Period). Additionally, the Promotion excludes listings that are created during the Promotion Period, but scheduled to st

What is the Promotion?
Sellers must click through the link in this email and follow all on screen directions to create their qualifying listing ("Qualifying Listing") on the US site at www.ebay.com. Please note that the Promotion will not be shown during the listing process.

Sellers can create a Qualifying Listing in three different ways: (1) listing an eligible tablet, laptop, or game console in auction-style format and accepting the starting price guidance provided by eBay as the starting price for that listing; (2) listing an eligible tablet, laptop, or game console in auction-style with Buy It Now format and accepting the starting price and Buy It Now guidance provided by eBay as the starting price and Buy It Now price for that listing; or (3) listing an eligible tablet, laptop, or game console in the fixed price format and adopting the fixed price guidance provided by eBay by setting that price for that listing. If the seller creates a Qualifying Listing, but his/her tablet, laptop, or game console does not sell at all, then that seller will receive a $100 coupon towards his/her next eBay purchase. Coupons will be fulfilled approximately six (6) to eight (8) weeks after the start of the Promotion.

Lol I hardly sell on ebay just dlc content but buy tons of games for dirt cheap all new or like new. Just this month I picked up Valkyrie Profile for the ps1 in mint condition for 65 which is crazy! !!!

Not so quick guys, looks like some versions of the gameboy are included. :rofl:

All you have to do is post a pic of like a piece of paper with a crudely drawn console on it, and you may get $100.
I second this. The original gameboy if listed brand new has a suggested buy it now of $700 I mean, if you use a stock photo or crayons and write absolutely no description, someone wouldn't buy it without a legit picture would they? I also like that the gameboy micro has no suggested selling price for auction or fixed price because their aren't enough sales for them to have data on it.

I've had a bad experience with one of these promos before, take plenty of screenshots if you're going for it. It's a gamble, tantamount to a digital mail-in rebate.

I read the terms and conditions thoroughly and my item was applicable in every way. I was part of the targeted offer, and listed my item by logging in, then clicking the link for the offer in my e-mail.

My item sold well within the expiration date. I waited the listed time (I think it was something like 2-4 weeks), but never received anything. To top it off the message detailing the offer disappeared from my eBay account (in the "Messages" tab; I still had the e-mail they sent me).

Long story longer, I had to get in touch with their customer service, who only operates by phone. After about 40 minutes of polite reasoning and debate, which included reading out the URL of the terms and conditions page letter by letter (the support guy couldn't find it on his own), he still wouldn't do it for me. After I asked to speak to his manager, he told me he was busy and the manager would be happy to call me back. I didn't trust that they weren't just trying to get rid of me, so I asked to be put on hold. A few minutes after that, the guy came back and told me his manager approved the credit (guess it was easier than continuing to deal with me). Got an e-mail immediately after telling me I'd be credited in 24 hours, so I was pleased. I waited 3 days and still didn't receive any credit.

After a bit more googling I decided to message a several tweet long complaint to one of their Twitter accounts (I believe @AskeBay). I received a reply a few hours later, as well as a Twitter-specific support e-mail I was told to repeat my story to. I got a response a day later, and they had finally credited my account.

It was a huge pain in the ass, but I was too cheap to let that $25 go and managed to get it with enough perseverance.

I know this may seem anecdotal, but the googling I did when I was trying to figure out what happened to my credit revealed that I was definitely not alone.

If you've got an eligible item it can't hurt to try, but be prepared for an ordeal if you don't get your credit for some reason, especially if it's $100 versus my paltry $25.

Last edited by a moderator:
checked out what the BIN on a 3g vita would be and its $143, that seems pretty high, but i guess most people arent CAGs that buy vita's on amazon warehouse deals and cowboom. might just list it and if it sells just tell them i dropped it packaging it up and it broke.

I've had a bad experience with one of these promos before, take plenty of screenshots if you're going for it. It's a gamble, tantamount to a digital mail-in rebate.

I read the terms and conditions thoroughly and my item was applicable in every way. I was part of the targeted offer, and listed my item by logging in, then clicking the link for the offer in my e-mail.

My item sold well within the expiration date. I waited the listed time (I think it was something like 2-4 weeks), but never received anything. To top it off the message detailing the offer disappeared from my eBay account (in the "Messages" tab; I still had the e-mail they sent me).

Long story longer, I had to get in touch with their customer service, who only operates by phone. After about 40 minutes of polite reasoning and debate, which included reading out the URL of the terms and conditions page letter by letter (the support guy couldn't find it on his own), he still wouldn't do it for me. After I asked to speak to his manager, he told me he was busy and the manager would be happy to call me back. I didn't trust that they weren't just trying to get rid of me, so I asked to be put on hold. A few minutes after that, the guy came back and told me his manager approved the credit (guess it was easier than continuing to deal with me). Got an e-mail immediately after telling me I'd be credited in 24 hours, so I was pleased. I waited 3 days and still didn't receive any credit.

After a bit more googling I decided to message a several tweet long complaint to one of their Twitter accounts (I believe @AskeBay). I received a reply a few hours later, as well as a Twitter-specific support e-mail I was told to repeat my story to. I got a response a day later, and they had finally credited my account.

It was a huge pain in the ass, but I was too cheap to let that $25 go and managed to get it with enough perseverance.

I know this may seem anecdotal, but the googling I did when I was trying to figure out what happened to my credit revealed that I was definitely not alone.

If you've got an eligible item it can't hurt to try, but be prepared for an ordeal if you don't get your credit for some reason, especially if it's $100 versus my paltry $25.
A lot of times, you have to do just that (persevere) when talking with CS reps. I'm currently dealing with Best Buy ripping me off by $70 and its been a pain... to say the least. At minimum it usually takes 4-5 calls to get anything resolved when talking to pretty much any company's CS department.

checked out what the BIN on a 3g vita would be and its $143, that seems pretty high, but i guess most people arent CAGs that buy vita's on amazon warehouse deals and cowboom. might just list it and if it sells just tell them i dropped it packaging it up and it broke.
How are you guys checking to see what the suggested price/buy it now price is?

I was going to list my PS2 that I haven't touched for 7 years, but it appears that the model they require is a different version?  It looks the exact same and I googled both and can't find any difference, but the model number is different so I can't list it.  DUMB.

edit: Did some research and can't find any confirmed listing of the model they are asking.  It's either newer than any of the websites I found (which is possible) or eBay is pulling some bullshit.

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of times, you have to do just that (persevere) when talking with CS reps. I'm currently dealing with Best Buy ripping me off by $70 and its been a pain... to say the least. At minimum it usually takes 4-5 calls to get anything resolved when talking to pretty much any company's CS department.
Yeah it's nothing new, but with a promo like this (where it seems like they have a suggested price you have to follow to qualify), it's good to know the potential problems.

If you're planning to sell something anyway it's worth it, but if you're just trying to cash in on the free credit you might wanna rethink it. Unless it's something you don't care about getting a low bid/BIN price for.

bread's done
Back