Get 26% off New DVDs and Videogames at Target

Mr___Billy

CAG Veteran
Few people know about this.. but I have done this several times...

All target stores are able to issue rainchecks for sale items that are out of stock... Typically these are
"AS ADVERTISED" items under the "New Releases" shelves (look for the red signs). So heres how you do it...

[clarification]
*** AS ADVERTISED refers to sale items as advertised in their circular.... as opposed to PRICE CUT ITEMS which are on longer reduction...not applicable for rainchecks!!!! These are the RED sales signs under NEW RELEASES

Go on a Tuesday afternoon for videogame and DVD relesase (more common with DVDs) This is when they get their shipments in...
(Go late because you are looking for a
sold out sales item)

Wait until there is some "AS ADVERTISED" item out of stock...
(Doesn't matter what it is, just make sure that it is in the same product catagory as what you are looking for, ie. box dvde set- box dvd set, videogame- videogame, dvd-dvd, etc.)

Ask a clerk for a raincheck for the item out of stock....

Whn they give you the raincheck read the bottom!

"This raincheck for your out of stock sales item (typically 26% off") is aplicable for any item in the same product catagory"

Simply wait a day or so (not to arouse suspision or whatever) Then buy what ever DVD or Game you were looking for.

When you check out at the register simply pull out the raincheck and ask the clerk to apply it to your item.

Volia instant discount!

(Please be responsible with this... don't abuse it)

let me know if this was useful....

Happy discounting! :D
[/i]

Being from the same state as this OP, I am embarassed to read a post like this. Then again only 2 posts so it's understandable.

I'm a little confused by what you mean "as advertised." As advertised usually means there is no sale, but simply informing a customer a new game was released and is being sold at Target at the MSRP.

I think what you mean is "You are looking for items "on sale" with huge discounts off original price." So which Targets do you have much luck at using the raincheck?

To sum up: the information is useful, but not to like 90% of the members here.

what a NOOB!

and the target raincheck substitution policy is still in effect. I got a few rainchecks in electronics last week and the policy has not changed. So all you fellas can stop crying about it.

This is not a specific deal, so it's in the wrong forum anyway. Shuck it to the discussion and bragging rights column, eh?

noob.jpg

Posting RULE#2(See Sticky) Search to see if the deal has been posted already.
Duplicate posts will be deleted or locked and may result in your fellow CAGs making fun of you.

Bleh another thread about this?

This is the previous thread --> http://cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9316

There is also an Ethical discussion about this..so be wary..

Not only has this deal been beaten to death, after the whole Madden thing some Targets are jerks about this whole thing so at this point it's kinda YMMV.

Geez... Sorry, just thought that I would post something that has worked for me on DVD box sets for movies and 1 or two games. (I use it mostly on DVD box sets)....

Yes, I am new at this stuff.....just try'n to help.... so thanx for the imput................

PS: Tacoma, Southhill, and Lakewwod Targets all do this)

[quote name='Mr___Billy']Geez... Sorry, just thought that I would post something that has worked for me on DVD box sets for movies and 1 or two games. (I use it mostly on DVD box sets)....

Yes, I am new at this stuff.....just try'n to help.... so thanx for the imput................

PS: Tacoma, Southhill, and Lakewwod Targets all do this)[/quote]

Thanks, I knew about this, but you were trying to help, dont worry about all those guys being asses... You were just helping.

By the looks of things I'm probably going to get flamed for trying to say this but here goes anyway:

Come on people ...we should all cut him some slack.

He was genuinely trying to be helpful....I'm pretty new here as well...so I guess I can sympathize.

Its posts like these from fellow CAGs that may prevent a newbie from actually posting a NEW great deal......We were ALL new here once...

[quote name='Mr___Billy']Geez... Sorry, just thought that I would post something that has worked for me on DVD box sets for movies and 1 or two games. (I use it mostly on DVD box sets)....

PS: Tacoma, Southhill, and Lakewwod Targets all do this)[/quote]
I appreciate it. I may very well do it for DVD box sets. Thanks.

bread's done
Back