Get $50 Best Buy Gift Card For Each Purchased HD DVD Player Before Feb 23rd 2008

SpeedBrkr

CAGiversary!
Announcement Here

An Important Message from Best Buy for HD DVD Player Owners

For months, there has been much debate surrounding the two competing high-definition video formats: Toshiba's HD DVD and Sony's Blu-ray Disc. Recently, Toshiba announced that they will no longer produce HD DVD players, and movie studios have decided not to release new titles in the HD DVD format.

Exciting news if you bought your HD DVD player from Best Buy
As the owner of an HD DVD player, you may have concerns about these developments. At Best Buy, we are dedicated to making sure you always have the right technology for you. That's why we're offering you a complimentary $50 Best Buy gift card for each HD DVD player you purchased from Best Buy before February 23, 2008. (See details and qualifying models.) Use the gift card to treat yourself to anything you want in our stores or online. Most qualifying customers will automatically receive their complimentary gift card by mail in the coming weeks. If you qualify and haven't received yours by May 1, 2008, please call us at 1-888-BEST-BUY to verify your eligibility (have your receipt handy, if possible).

Good news (even if you didn't buy from us)
Be assured that your HD DVD player will continue to play existing HD DVD titles (and upconvert standard DVDs to near-HD quality) as it always has. If you purchased a Best Buy service plan with your HD DVD player, we will continue to honor it for the life of the plan. If, however, you wish to trade in your HD DVD player and HD DVDs, we offer a convenient way to do so via our Best Buy Trade-In Center. Beginning March 21, visit BestBuyTradeIn.com to get an instant estimate of the value of your HD DVD player and movies. See below for further information, along with additional resources that we hope you'll find helpful as you examine your options.

QUALIFYING MODELS

Best Buy's offer of a complimentary $50 gift card for each HD DVD player purchased is extended to customers who bought any of the following HD DVD products in Best Buy retail stores or online at BestBuy.com by 11:59 p.m. CST on February 22, 2008:
  • Toshiba HD DVD player models:
    HD-A1, HD-A2, HD-A20, HD-XA2, HD-A3, HD-A30, HD-A35
  • Microsoft Xbox 360 HD DVD player accessory model 9Z5-00013
Offer excludes HD DVD-equipped computers and laptops, and so-called "dual-format" or "universal" high-definition disc player models designed to play both Blu-ray Disc and HD DVD media.

[quote name='guyver2077']so any word on puchases rom bbfb.com?[/quote]

I got a gift card for $100. I bought a 360 add on at Best Buy B&M and an HD-A3 off of BBFB.

GOT MINE TODAY! OVERJOYED...though I have NO idea what im going to do with it...damn...im still in amazement that the 2 HD players i bought were a toshiba A3 from BB (Which i sold for about 150% profit) and an Xbox 360 HD DVD Add-On (which i sold for about 170% profit o_O) AMAZING!...and i thought it was going to be a bad day after i had to flush my poor goldfish down the pee infested toilet thanks to my damned turtles eating him

[quote name='Schroeder']I got a gift card for $100. I bought a 360 add on at Best Buy B&M and an HD-A3 off of BBFB.[/QUOTE]

So they are already sending out BBFB giftcards? I was told they wouldn't go out until AFTER all of the B&M purchases. Did anyone who ONLY made a BBFB purchase get theirs? Or even got a phone call yet? I'm hoping to get mine before April 29th...want to use it towards GTA IV!

[quote name='awp']So they are already sending out BBFB giftcards? I was told they wouldn't go out until AFTER all of the B&M purchases. Did anyone who ONLY made a BBFB purchase get theirs? Or even got a phone call yet? I'm hoping to get mine before April 29th...want to use it towards GTA IV![/QUOTE]

they all go out at the same time. You will just get one card.

[quote name='Schroeder']I got a gift card for $100. I bought a 360 add on at Best Buy B&M and an HD-A3 off of BBFB.[/quote]

great news.. did you have to call them or anything?>

Just wondering those who did the return, rebuy during the Heroes promo week that did it 2 or 3 times, but only got one drive to keep, did you end up getting 1 gc or whatever number of times you went in to do the return/rebuy. If that was the case, then the system is screwed up and people will end up getting more than 50$ for 1 drive.

[quote name='guyver2077']so any word on puchases rom bbfb.com?[/quote]

I got a gift card for $100. I bought a 360 add on at Best Buy B&M and an HD-A3 off of BBFB.

GOT MINE TODAY! OVERJOYED...though I have NO idea what im going to do with it...damn...im still in amazement that the 2 HD players i bought were a toshiba A3 from BB (Which i sold for about 150% profit) and an Xbox 360 HD DVD Add-On (which i sold for about 170% profit o_O) AMAZING!...and i thought it was going to be a bad day after i had to flush my poor goldfish down the pee infested toilet thanks to my damned turtles eating him

[quote name='Schroeder']I got a gift card for $100. I bought a 360 add on at Best Buy B&M and an HD-A3 off of BBFB.[/QUOTE]

So they are already sending out BBFB giftcards? I was told they wouldn't go out until AFTER all of the B&M purchases. Did anyone who ONLY made a BBFB purchase get theirs? Or even got a phone call yet? I'm hoping to get mine before April 29th...want to use it towards GTA IV!

[quote name='awp']So they are already sending out BBFB giftcards? I was told they wouldn't go out until AFTER all of the B&M purchases. Did anyone who ONLY made a BBFB purchase get theirs? Or even got a phone call yet? I'm hoping to get mine before April 29th...want to use it towards GTA IV![/QUOTE]

they all go out at the same time. You will just get one card.

[quote name='Schroeder']I got a gift card for $100. I bought a 360 add on at Best Buy B&M and an HD-A3 off of BBFB.[/quote]

great news.. did you have to call them or anything?>

Just wondering those who did the return, rebuy during the Heroes promo week that did it 2 or 3 times, but only got one drive to keep, did you end up getting 1 gc or whatever number of times you went in to do the return/rebuy. If that was the case, then the system is screwed up and people will end up getting more than 50$ for 1 drive.

my $150 one came in the mail.
I was hoping for $250, but wasn't sure what would happen.
I called and they said i bought 3, then she said "Oh, did you buy 5? Looks like you are getting 5"
Oh well, can't complain =]

I got my $50 in today that means i bought the player for 150 but i got Heros season 1 +7 free hd hdvds and a $50 gift card. Man this thing keeps on giving i love it :)

Yep, I too got only $50 when I should have gotten $100. Guess I should call them.

EDIT: yep, there was an error in processing, and they have to manually send me the second one.

Holy shit, I got a $150 gift card today!

I guess the system DOESN'T factor in returns/exchanges.

:bouncy:

Best buy has been good to me over the last few months :)

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']I got 50 of my 150 in the mail, hopefully i get the others soon[/QUOTE]

I got all of mine on one card, so I wouldn't be banking on additional cards to show up in the mail

[quote name='K_G']I got all of mine on one card, so I wouldn't be banking on additional cards to show up in the mail[/quote]

I dunno I talked to someone at BB and they said depending how close to when you bought your players they would send it out in shifts.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Holy shit, I got a $150 gift card today!

:bouncy:

Best buy has been good to me over the last few months :)[/quote]

Ooh if that's true then I should be getting $100.

got my $50 today for the $100 a2 (became a3) i purchased from bbfb.com

I later sold that same a3 for 150ish after amazon fees :) ended up making some money :)

ill prob put this toward an elite 360 and gta

[quote name='ITDEFX']Holy shit, I got a $150 gift card today!

:bouncy:[/QUOTE]

It did for somebody else - seems to be YMMV.

if everyone else's is like mine, they're arriving attached to a form letter with a description of why they're receiving it... mine arrived today... I bought 4 of the xbox 360 add on units during the free Heroes season 1 plus 2 more hd dvds or box sets back in late october / early november... the form letter indicates the value of the card attached... all $200.00 of mine appears on that one gift card!

I got a $100 gift card today.

Be on the lookout for the envelope. It is VERY generic, doesn't say Best Buy or anything on the outside. I almost threw it away because I thought it was junk mail lol

EDIT: LinkinPrime, the gift card was in one envelope

the people who got more than you thought, did you price match?

i bought 2 players and price matched both at a later date and got $200 instead of the $100 i should of gotten

[quote name='rsigley']the people who got more than you thought, did you price match?

i bought 2 players and price matched both at a later date and got $200 instead of the $100 i should of gotten[/quote]

Sweet!

[quote name='poisonedpawn45']I got a $100 gift card today.

Be on the lookout for the envelope. It is VERY generic, doesn't say Best Buy or anything on the outside. I almost threw it away because I thought it was junk mail lol

EDIT: LinkinPrime, the gift card was in one envelope[/QUOTE]

I almost threw the mofo envelope out. It is so plain looking.

Anyhow, despite the numerous phonecalls and their confirmation phonecalls, they ended up screwing up like I thought. Bought and confirmed for 3, and only $50 came today. Gave them a call, and they were confused. We shall see how this pans out in the days to come.

[quote name='poisonedpawn45']I got a $100 gift card today.

EDIT: LinkinPrime, the gift card was in one envelope[/quote]

Yes, if it wasn't for everyone posting that they got theirs today, I would have actually tossed it aside and forgotten about it.

But then I felt it and was like oh it's my 50 dollar gift card, which ended up being my 150 dollar gift card :bouncy:

bread's done
Back