Get $50 Best Buy Gift Card For Each Purchased HD DVD Player Before Feb 23rd 2008

SpeedBrkr

CAGiversary!
Announcement Here

An Important Message from Best Buy for HD DVD Player Owners

For months, there has been much debate surrounding the two competing high-definition video formats: Toshiba's HD DVD and Sony's Blu-ray Disc. Recently, Toshiba announced that they will no longer produce HD DVD players, and movie studios have decided not to release new titles in the HD DVD format.

Exciting news if you bought your HD DVD player from Best Buy
As the owner of an HD DVD player, you may have concerns about these developments. At Best Buy, we are dedicated to making sure you always have the right technology for you. That's why we're offering you a complimentary $50 Best Buy gift card for each HD DVD player you purchased from Best Buy before February 23, 2008. (See details and qualifying models.) Use the gift card to treat yourself to anything you want in our stores or online. Most qualifying customers will automatically receive their complimentary gift card by mail in the coming weeks. If you qualify and haven't received yours by May 1, 2008, please call us at 1-888-BEST-BUY to verify your eligibility (have your receipt handy, if possible).

Good news (even if you didn't buy from us)
Be assured that your HD DVD player will continue to play existing HD DVD titles (and upconvert standard DVDs to near-HD quality) as it always has. If you purchased a Best Buy service plan with your HD DVD player, we will continue to honor it for the life of the plan. If, however, you wish to trade in your HD DVD player and HD DVDs, we offer a convenient way to do so via our Best Buy Trade-In Center. Beginning March 21, visit BestBuyTradeIn.com to get an instant estimate of the value of your HD DVD player and movies. See below for further information, along with additional resources that we hope you'll find helpful as you examine your options.

QUALIFYING MODELS

Best Buy's offer of a complimentary $50 gift card for each HD DVD player purchased is extended to customers who bought any of the following HD DVD products in Best Buy retail stores or online at BestBuy.com by 11:59 p.m. CST on February 22, 2008:
  • Toshiba HD DVD player models:
    HD-A1, HD-A2, HD-A20, HD-XA2, HD-A3, HD-A30, HD-A35
  • Microsoft Xbox 360 HD DVD player accessory model 9Z5-00013
Offer excludes HD DVD-equipped computers and laptops, and so-called "dual-format" or "universal" high-definition disc player models designed to play both Blu-ray Disc and HD DVD media.

[quote name='poisonedpawn45']What is everyone picking up with their gift card(s)?[/QUOTE]

Not too sure. Probably some type of a game. Maybe GTA4 or use it later on this year. I might pop it toward that MGS4 PS3 Bundle. :D

whoa, I just realized, I ended up getting a little over 84 percent of what I paid for that drive back on this gift card.

$$$:whee:$$$

got my $50 gift card in the mail today.
Ill prob use it to put down on the Special Edition of GTAIV for the 360, I needed a new duffle bag anyways, and it will be interesting to c how good of quality the lockbox is.

[quote name='tholly']I am pretty much as far east coast as you can be (Philadelphia, PA area) ..... got mine yesterday.[/quote]

KoP FTW

[quote name='tholly']I am pretty much as far east coast as you can be (Philadelphia, PA area) ..... got mine yesterday.[/QUOTE]
Thats not far east coast. It would be like New England/Maine or something like that. If anything, I'm farther east coast than you are (Queens/LI, NY). Got my cards on Monday as mentioned in previous post ($150 on 1 card).

Probably use it on radar detector.

[quote name='Justin42']Got mine Saturday and I'm in Los Angeles...[/quote]

Arg...that's not good for me than. I'll wait it out for the rest of the week, If I don't get it, I'll call next week.

Thanks for the location clarification guys.

Haven't received mine yet... give me time to decide on either Mario Kart Wii or GTA4... probably go for the MK as that will take forever to drop in price... GTA4 will probably be available preowned for under 20 by the end of the year

[quote name='iazybandit']Thats not far east coast. It would be like New England/Maine or something like that.[/quote]

Boston here and haven't received mine yet but that's alright. As long as I get it before GTA IV hits the streets that's all I care about. I'll give it a week or so longer before I bug them about it.

They are probably mailing out 60K+ gift cards, so folks shouldn't be expecting that they will all show up everywhere at the same time...And I doubt they are doing it along some sort of geography based sort method (the size of this mailing is not large enough to justify direct shipment to postal facilities to gain discounts on the postage costs), so I wouldn't be surprised if one person (at the top of the list) got one day and then a neighbor (at the bottom of the list) wouldn't get their card until 2 weeks later.

Not sure what day I got mine, but they owed me for a 360 one I bought like back in August '07 and another Toshiba one I bought later, and got $100 gift card no problem.

Didn't have to call or pester them or anything.

Both of those were bought with RZ card.

Bring on the slim PS3 (who am I kidding, the $100 will be gone long before that. . .)

ok, "Far East Coast" here (Portland, Maine) and still waiting on my gift card...will give it a week to ten days before I check...no rush!

-mattyp

I'm in Sacramento and still haven't received mine, just checked the mail again today.

Haven't received the email from Amazon yet either (bought a 360 add on from them back in Nov. 07) C'mon guys!

I just got mine in Lexington, KY. $100 for two players (A3 and XBOX 360 drive) I got rid of before prices fell big time. Nice deal, very classy move by Best Buy as well.

[quote name='iazybandit']Dont forget people! Best Buy said by May 1st people should have their cards.[/quote]

I missed that part. Thanks for the info.

[quote name='mattyp33']ok, "Far East Coast" here (Portland, Maine) and still waiting on my gift card...will give it a week to ten days before I check...no rush!

-mattyp[/quote]

Yeah, same here (South Portland, ME) and don't have mine either. Oh well, it can wait. Can't complain about free money taking its time to get to me. Think I will use it on the Lone Wolf and Cub Series (don't know though, kind of overpriced at BB)

[quote name='lawl']Another day of mail, no gift card.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I keep expecting it with the reports from here... and nothing... then i think that damn mailman and his greedy....then I realize May is the ship date...this process will repeat tonight after work.

I called and CSR stated 4-6 weeks from now...but they previously said May 1 was the deadline.
I do not mine the wait...as long as I get the GCs.

I heard some people were getting phone calls/emails regarding their purchases and their GCs.
I have not received any notice. CSR said that I will not receive any notice and they will send them out once they are available.

BTW, I am in Southern CA.

[quote name='ZerotypeX']Any midwest people get theirs yet? Still waiting for mine[/QUOTE]I'm in Michigan and received mine on Monday 4/7.
Keep in mind that the gift card & letter came in a generic white envelope with no BestBuy logo on the outside.

I dont know why people keep reporting that they havent received it. Again, BB stated that people will have it by May 1st. After May 1, you can constantly check your mailbox, calling them but until then, no need to constantly stalk the mailman.

For orders on Best Buy for Business and they're response is:

Thank you for your inquiry. Best Buy will issue a $50 Gift Card to Best Buy for Business customers who purchased HD-DVD players in accordance to the information found here: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat147600050717&type=category. Your gift card will arrive slightly later than the May 1st date given to Best Buy Retail and Best Buy Dot Com customers. You do not need to contact us to claim your gift card; your gift card will be sent automatically based on the information in your Best Buy for Business order. Please contact us at 1-800-373-3050 with any other questions or concerns.

[quote name='H-Town Info']For orders on Best Buy for Business and they're response is:

Thank you for your inquiry. Best Buy will issue a $50 Gift Card to Best Buy for Business customers who purchased HD-DVD players in accordance to the information found here: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat147600050717&type=category. Your gift card will arrive slightly later than the May 1st date given to Best Buy Retail and Best Buy Dot Com customers. You do not need to contact us to claim your gift card; your gift card will be sent automatically based on the information in your Best Buy for Business order. Please contact us at 1-800-373-3050 with any other questions or concerns.[/QUOTE]

That is bull. Not that I dispute its legitimacy, but where did the above come from?

[quote name='lurknomore']That is bull. Not that I dispute its legitimacy, but where did the above come from?[/QUOTE]
Bull as in Best Buy Business also sending out gift cards? If so, you're wrong. I received a gift card of $150 in the mail. I bought HD DVD from Best Buy Store (360 Add-on), HD-A2 which was substituted for HD-A3 from bestbuy.com and best buy business. So a total of 3 HD DVD players qualified for $50 gc each.

[quote name='iazybandit']Bull as in Best Buy Business also sending out gift cards? If so, you're wrong. I received a gift card of $150 in the mail. I bought HD DVD from Best Buy Store (360 Add-on), HD-A2 which was substituted for HD-A3 from bestbuy.com and best buy business. So a total of 3 HD DVD players qualified for $50 gc each.[/QUOTE]

No, bull as in the quoted section in regards to the new date. Read the previous quote.

[quote name='iazybandit']Dont forget people! Best Buy said by May 1st people should have their cards.[/QUOTE]

Good to know because i haven't even gotten an email yet...

bread's done
Back