Get $50 Best Buy Gift Card For Each Purchased HD DVD Player Before Feb 23rd 2008

SpeedBrkr

CAGiversary!
Announcement Here

An Important Message from Best Buy for HD DVD Player Owners

For months, there has been much debate surrounding the two competing high-definition video formats: Toshiba's HD DVD and Sony's Blu-ray Disc. Recently, Toshiba announced that they will no longer produce HD DVD players, and movie studios have decided not to release new titles in the HD DVD format.

Exciting news if you bought your HD DVD player from Best Buy
As the owner of an HD DVD player, you may have concerns about these developments. At Best Buy, we are dedicated to making sure you always have the right technology for you. That's why we're offering you a complimentary $50 Best Buy gift card for each HD DVD player you purchased from Best Buy before February 23, 2008. (See details and qualifying models.) Use the gift card to treat yourself to anything you want in our stores or online. Most qualifying customers will automatically receive their complimentary gift card by mail in the coming weeks. If you qualify and haven't received yours by May 1, 2008, please call us at 1-888-BEST-BUY to verify your eligibility (have your receipt handy, if possible).

Good news (even if you didn't buy from us)
Be assured that your HD DVD player will continue to play existing HD DVD titles (and upconvert standard DVDs to near-HD quality) as it always has. If you purchased a Best Buy service plan with your HD DVD player, we will continue to honor it for the life of the plan. If, however, you wish to trade in your HD DVD player and HD DVDs, we offer a convenient way to do so via our Best Buy Trade-In Center. Beginning March 21, visit BestBuyTradeIn.com to get an instant estimate of the value of your HD DVD player and movies. See below for further information, along with additional resources that we hope you'll find helpful as you examine your options.

QUALIFYING MODELS

Best Buy's offer of a complimentary $50 gift card for each HD DVD player purchased is extended to customers who bought any of the following HD DVD products in Best Buy retail stores or online at BestBuy.com by 11:59 p.m. CST on February 22, 2008:
  • Toshiba HD DVD player models:
    HD-A1, HD-A2, HD-A20, HD-XA2, HD-A3, HD-A30, HD-A35
  • Microsoft Xbox 360 HD DVD player accessory model 9Z5-00013
Offer excludes HD DVD-equipped computers and laptops, and so-called "dual-format" or "universal" high-definition disc player models designed to play both Blu-ray Disc and HD DVD media.

[quote name='lurknomore']No, bull as in the quoted section in regards to the new date. Read the previous quote.[/QUOTE]
Oh ok..as in the date. Yea, I havent gotten email or heard anything about it being delayed.

[quote name='Santurio']Got mine today here in Dallas, Texas

Same here.[/quote]

Hmm, so hopefully mine comes tomorrow.

Got mine last week, and used it to pick up Rainbow Six Vegas and Command and Conquer: The First Decade on Thursday.

[quote name='unforeseen']Anyone in south CA received theirs?[/quote]

Got mine last Tuesday :cool:

This was one sweet deal for me. I picked it up, like most CAGs while the Heroes + 2 HD DVDs promo was on. It was 180, I had $15 reward zone, so I paid 165 + tax. They didn't have Heroes in stock, so I was given a rain check. A month later after checking back every weekend, I got fed up as they kept telling me that I had just missed their last shipment, I complained to the store manager because it said on the rain check that they would call me when available; he said they never do that. So, since my non-existent friend was having a birthday the following Monday, and I REALLY wanted to ge this for her, I could wait no longer ;):lol:. He asked what he could do for me and I said I would purchase Heroes at Circuit City and he could pay me back for it, he said he couldn't but he would just give me a gift card for the total value of Heroes ($108.24), and I accepted; now add this $50 GC and I am one happy CAG who essentially paid less than $10 for the drive, A Mighty Heart and Children of Men :cool:

[quote name='Ed_']Got mine last Tuesday :cool:

This was one sweet deal for me. I picked it up, like most CAGs while the Heroes + 2 HD DVDs promo was on. It was 180, I had $15 reward zone, so I paid 165 + tax. They didn't have Heroes in stock, so I was given a rain check. A month later after checking back every weekend, I got fed up as they kept telling me that I had just missed their last shipment, I complained to the store manager because it said on the rain check that they would call me when available; he said they never do that. So, since my non-existent friend was having a birthday the following Monday, and I REALLY wanted to ge this for her, I could wait no longer ;):lol:. He asked what he could do for me and I said I would purchase Heroes at Circuit City and he could pay me back for it, he said he couldn't but he would just give me a gift card for the total value of Heroes ($108.24), and I accepted; now add this $50 GC and I am one happy CAG who essentially paid less than $10 for the drive, A Mighty Heart and Children of Men :cool:[/QUOTE]

You are a bastard... i'm so jealous

[quote name='Ed_']Got mine last Tuesday :cool:

This was one sweet deal for me. I picked it up, like most CAGs while the Heroes + 2 HD DVDs promo was on. It was 180, I had $15 reward zone, so I paid 165 + tax. They didn't have Heroes in stock, so I was given a rain check. A month later after checking back every weekend, I got fed up as they kept telling me that I had just missed their last shipment, I complained to the store manager because it said on the rain check that they would call me when available; he said they never do that. So, since my non-existent friend was having a birthday the following Monday, and I REALLY wanted to ge this for her, I could wait no longer ;):lol:. He asked what he could do for me and I said I would purchase Heroes at Circuit City and he could pay me back for it, he said he couldn't but he would just give me a gift card for the total value of Heroes ($108.24), and I accepted; now add this $50 GC and I am one happy CAG who essentially paid less than $10 for the drive, A Mighty Heart and Children of Men :cool:[/QUOTE]
Not bad but I top yours slightly better. i bought mine with the Heroes promo as well. But they ran out. I was told to check back over the weekend. Went and they didnt have. Called Best Buy and they sent me a gift card for $110 (price of boxset + tax + $2 extra). Had my gf go back to the Best Buy a day or so later and they finally received it. She went and got it, went to customer service and told them the situation. Cashier scanned Heroes and took off the price and got it free. Not to mention, I got the 2 free DVDs and about 10 free HD-DVDs from the HD-A2/A3 offers.

I still haven't received mine. I called them when the news of this first broke and they had some weird address on file that wasn't mine. They said they changed it, but I need to double check and make sure that they did.

got mine today... surprised actually, i didn't even know they were sending these.

I think I got it on sale and got 6 free movies so it could have been worse all told.

I got nothing so far. I spent about 30 minutes ont he phone with a customer service rep who couldn't find the transaction under my name...obviously a misspelling but a different address was used...ugh I hate crappy customer service.
Who knows what happens now.

I had not recieved mine when I called last week. I talked with a helpful guy named Brian. The address they had was still the address form when I was in college three years ago at my parents house. So I had him change the address and he went and checked if I was eleigible. He said I was and it would arrive at the new address in 6-8 weeks because it had not been sent out to the other address. I dont need a $50 GC arriving at my parents house for my dad to spend.

I went to my parents house (birthday) this past Sunday not 4 days after I called best buy CS. They alwsya have some crap mail for me and I go through it, credit card apps, etc etc. Best buy sent me a GC to that address and also the letter saying I called to change the address. I am looking forward to seeing if I get a second GC delivered at the new house address.

Either way a $10 copy of GTAIV is all I wanted outa the deal.

Got my $50... I realized that I took the other HD player back to Best Buy and bought it elsewhere... why i did that now is a bit disappointing considering I would have got another $50to spend...

Now what to get with it.

It needs to get here soon, I got a 12 percent off mailer RZ coupon that expires in a few days.

People who haven't received a email, phone call or letter should call 1-888-Best-Buy ASAP.

I was being patient to not bother Best Buy considering this is a very cool thing for them to do but unfortunately for me this is one instance where I should have acted on instinct. I called tonight and even though I qualified for a gift card one had not been shipped out to me.

I was hoping it would just show up in time for Grand Theft Auto but it is going to be 4-6 weeks until it gets here so mid/late May. Anywho at least I'll be getting the gift card now because if I didn't call them I wouldn't have. The lady that I talked to was very nice so that is always a plus and huge props to Best Buy for doing this.

I called The 1-888 number just now. He said I should get mine in 6-8 weeks. Thanks for the suggestion Lucky13.

Only time people should call is to confirm with Best Buy to make sure the address is correct and that they have a transaction on record. Other than that, just wait. If May 1st comes and you still dont have, then call and find out.

You still have another 2 weeks according Best Buy's info.

I got my $50 card yesterday. Now I can get Mario Kart AND GTA. It was one or the other, but the free 50 bucks gets me both now. Make sure you don't toss it thinking its a credit card app. I almost did. Its a plain white envelope that most credit card apps come in, but I saw a dirt outline in the shape of a card so I opened it up.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I'm going to have to call and confirm that I'm getting one, I can't wait till may...I need to know.[/quote]

Lol the suspense is killing me! :)

Amazon is now doing the same thing, sorry if it's been posted elsewhere. I got an email today with a code for $50.00 off my next purchase. Cheap GTAIV here we come!

used my card to get pan's labyrinth and blade runner on blu-ray. will be pricematching circuit city on sunday so i'll still have some of it left over. thanks best buy :applause:

Got another $50 gc in the mail. My first one was $150. I thought this was the last of it since its $50 for each HD DVD player and I only got 3. Than yesterday, I got another $50 card. Now that I think of it, I believe this also includes cancelled/returned orders. I remember ordering a couple of HD DVDs from bestbuy.com and cancelled only to reorder again. Too bad I dont remember how many times I did that. I think it was once though. I ordered and cancelled when I heard best buy business was substituting. Than found out bestbuy.com was doing the same and called bestbuy customer service to get my order reinstated even though I authorized cancellation. I called them and they couldnt find it and said it was computer error so they replaced the order for me.

Got my second card today. My second card was for another $50. I'm still expecting a third, but wished that I just got a total of $150 in one shot...instead of playing this waiting game. PSP here I come.

[quote name='Watchman']So, why did they all do this anyways? Guilt complex?[/QUOTE]
To make consumers happy and have them spend more money.
[quote name='lurknomore']Got my second card today. My second card was for another $50. I'm still expecting a third, but wished that I just got a total of $150 in one shot...instead of playing this waiting game. PSP here I come.[/QUOTE]
Surprised they didnt send all on one card. They did with my first card.

bread's done
Back