Get A $10 CC Gift Card w/ Xbox 360 Game or Accessory $39.99+ Exp. 11/30/07

Malik112099

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
I saw this at Burger King this morning and hadn't heard anything about it.....

before anyone asks I checked the stack of coupons and all the bar code numbers were the same so this isnt a one time use coupon

here are a few different links to a high-res scan

http://i24.tinypic.com/205y5iu.jpg

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/9374/cccouponwj3.jpg

http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/98fe7c54df.jpg

http://aycu29.webshots.com/image/28988/2004104402376337623_rs.jpg

http://xs120.xs.to/xs120/07402/CCcoupon.jpg

Do they just have a stack of these when you go into BK or do they come with a meal or something? This would be great for Smackdown and Call of Duty 4.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Don't use this cuz they charge you $10 for nothing.[/QUOTE]

I'm assuming you get discounted $10 on the game and they still charge you the $10 for the gift card as they have with other promotions in the past.

Otherwise, what do you mean?

[quote name='MrNEWZ']I'm assuming you get discounted $10 on the game and they still charge you the $10 for the gift card as they have with other promotions in the past.

Otherwise, what do you mean?[/quote]
I just bought Halo 3 Legendary for $130. I get $10 discount and thinking that I'm buying another $10 giftcard where the coupon stated clearly. Now I pissed and the total is $120game+$10giftcard+$10 tax = $140 :cry: If you read the fine print, you're getting $10 discount and $10 giftcard at the same time, so you're not getting discount at all... this is stupid and I'm not using that coupon anymore and I rather stick with my Gamer Saver Club card for now on.

^^^
I'm officially confused.

Do you mean this coupon only gives you a $10 discount if you buy a game and a $10 gift card or something?

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']I just bought Halo 3 Legendary for $130. I get $10 discount and thinking that I'm buying another $10 giftcard where the coupon stated clearly. Now I pissed and the total is $120game+$10giftcard+$10 tax = $140 :cry: If you read the fine print, you're getting $10 discount and $10 giftcard at the same time, so you're not getting discount at all... this is stupid and I'm not using that coupon anymore and I rather stick with my Gamer Saver Club card for now on.[/QUOTE]
Aren't you getting a "free" $10 gc for later use?

$130 Halo 3 + 10 tax = $140

Instead you received Halo 3 and a $10 giftcard for $140

[quote name='MrBeatdown']^^^
I'm officially confused.

Do you mean this coupon only gives you a $10 discount if you buy a game and a $10 gift card or something?[/quote]

I know it confused you but I'm also confused too of why Circuit City gave me $10 giftcard after I get $10 discount and its still the same thing. It doesn't like $10 off discount to me. Thats why I got pissed off paying full price :bomb: Because I thought I'm using $10 discount but the coupon says GET A $10 CIRCUIT CITY GIFT CARD When you buy any Xbox 360 game or accessory for $39.99 or more. The fine prints say Offer good at any Circuit City store 9/21/07-11/20/07, gift card good for future purchases. Available in-store only, not good with any other offer or discount. It means that you get the $10 discount for the item you purchase then they give you $10 giftcard for future purchases which is totally stupid. As a result you ended up paying full price.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']I know it confused you but I'm also confused too of why Circuit City gave me $10 giftcard after I get $10 discount and its still the same thing. It doesn't like $10 off discount to me. Thats why I got pissed off paying full price :bomb: Because I thought I'm using $10 discount but the coupon says GET A $10 CIRCUIT CITY GIFT CARD When you buy any Xbox 360 game or accessory for $39.99 or more. The fine prints say Offer good at any Circuit City store 9/21/07-11/20/07, gift card good for future purchases. Available in-store only, not good with any other offer or discount. It means that you get the $10 discount for the item you purchase then they give you $10 giftcard for future purchases which is totally stupid. As a result you ended up paying full price.[/quote]

what the hell are you talking about?

Spend $39.99 or more on a game or accessory and you get a $10 gift certificate that you can use for a future purchase.

There is no $10 off discount

[quote name='MetalGator']Aren't you getting a "free" $10 gc for later use?

$130 Halo 3 + 10 tax = $140

Instead you received Halo 3 and a $10 giftcard for $140[/quote]

My receipt started this way:

Halo 3 LE UPC: $129.99
BK $10 Discount Coupon: -$10.00
After $10 discount: $119.99
Get $10 CC Giftcard: $10.00
Sale Tax: $9.90
Total Purchase: $139.89
Cash: $140.00
Change: $0.11

Now it makes sense. CC gives you a $10 charge for the card and a $10 discount. It's all the same. You're still getting an extra $10.

Now, are these just out in a pile for anyone to take or do I have to order the special Uber Deluxe Bacon Supreme Breakfast Burger to get it?

Would anyone have scans of best buy when they had the preorder call of duty 4 and get a game for $40 and receive a free $10 gift card? Also, was anyone able to get this at instore? I preordered call of duty and got halo 3 and didnt get it but they said to bring in the printout and they might do it.

For those who are (sadly) confused, just pretend the coupon says "get $10 off a game or accessory when you buy a $10 gift card."

[quote name='pete5883']For those who are (sadly) confused, just pretend the coupon says "get $10 off a game or accessory when you buy a $10 gift card."[/quote]

no..that would put you even.......

they take $10 off the game or accessory and apply that $10 to a gift card

they then give you a $10 gift card

it is done like this so you dont actually get $10 off at the register...the game still rings up the same but you walk out with a gift card to use later

10 - 10 = 0 + 10 = you get a $10 gift card

it isnt hard....i can't believe basic math is pwning so many people

Some people are looking in to this way too deeply. You get exactly what the coupon says - a free $10.00 GC when you buy a 360 game of $39.99 or more. Seriously, it's so easy, a caveman could do it.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']My receipt started this way:

Halo 3 LE UPC: $129.99
BK $10 Discount Coupon: -$10.00
After $10 discount: $119.99
Get $10 CC Giftcard: $10.00
Sale Tax: $9.90
Total Purchase: $139.89
Cash: $140.00
Change: $0.11[/quote]

So you pay regular price and get a $10 gift card.

Seems like a deal to me.

[quote name='MrBeatdown']Now it makes sense. CC gives you a $10 charge for the card and a $10 discount. It's all the same. You're still getting an extra $10.

Now, are these just out in a pile for anyone to take or do I have to order the special Uber Deluxe Bacon Supreme Breakfast Burger to get it?[/quote]

There was a cardboard display on the counter, I just tore off 5.

The fries are better than I remember though.

[quote name='OMGpenguin']So you pay regular price and get a $10 gift card.

Seems like a deal to me.[/quote]

Yup I hate my state sale tax and that was almost $10 sigh... :bomb:

[quote name='Jedi1979']just got a few of these today...a very useful coupon especially considering that it covers $39.99 games[/quote]

Ask the cashier to pricematch BK Coupon and get $10 giftcard, since it say $39.99 game LMAO!!! :bouncy:

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Oh well... I returned those game and got my money back and keep my $10 giftcard! :D[/quote]

Thief.

[quote name='Romis']Anyone know if Best Buy would honor this coupon?[/quote]
Nope except online printout to pricematch other store. I was about to buy Planet Earth in Blu-Ray version for $66 at Bestbuy to pricematch to Walmart which I hated there then use my 10% off using my Reward Zone card! Since Best Buy is selling $99 a piece, sigh...

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Oh well... I returned those game and got my money back and keep my $10 giftcard! :D[/quote]

Yeah, that's something you're NOT going to want to tell us.

[quote name='OMGpenguin']Thief.[/quote]
I paid $140 and got $130 back, cashier already know that I have $10 gifcard. so thats not a steal.... duh!

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']I paid $140 and got $130 back, cashier already know that I have $10 gifcard. so thats not a steal.... duh![/quote]

It's called a waste of time, so your whole trip to CC was pointless.

[quote name='menikmati']It's called a waste of time, so your whole trip to CC was pointless.[/quote]

Less than pointless, because now you're stuck with a $10 CC card instead of a $10 Hamilton.

Their computers might not like selling things for "free" so they mark the game you buy down and "charge" you for the gift card. Plus this is one more hurdle against the "hee hee, I'm going to return the game" thieves; even if they have to look it up in the computer by your CC or something, that person doesn't get full value refunded.

I bought Tiger Woods on Tuesday before they sliced my face open this morning (glad I did, gives me something to do if I can stay lucid from the meds long enough to hook or slice the ball :)) Anyway, the girl running the counter had to go to another register that is more like a kiosk. Add that to the fact that there were no blank GCs in the kiosk and being able to see how she was trying to ring it in, she just ended up giving me the 10 bucks off of the game. I mean, I was going to use the 10 bucks off ANYWAY on a future purchase, so it's not really a steal. And I'm not going to return the game (no moral opposition to it, just sort of like it)...so yeah. What can you do?

But yeah, that's my CC experience. There is a Burger King in the same parking lot and they had a (choose your dirty word that I'd like to say but won't...this is a family site!) ton of coupons to go with my shake. All in all I was happy.

On a side note, anyone know why BK is so Xbox 360 friendly? Did they just pick a console and are going to stick with it as long as it doesn't Jaguar or Dreamcast? Sigh...I miss Dreamcast.

I apologize for the pain medicine inspired post if it rambles. Oh, I don't post often but CAG rocks my lame ass! I LOVE THIS SITE! Me likey savey money.

Thanks OP all I want is XBL Halo 3 Sub 13+1 months for $39.99. So far I have $10 GC from Halo 3 LE purchased! After then I can purchased HD-DVD Addon and Transformers HD-DVD with $40 off $199 coupon and $20 GC!

i didn't read the rest of the post but when cc offers the free GC offer

they deduct the amount of the GC from the Item

ie if the game was 39.99

they'd make the game 29.99 and 10 bucks for the GC

that makes the game only worth 29.99 just in case you were thinking about returning it for something.

but yeah you're not charged for the GC. i mean technically you are, but you're not paying tax. they can only tax you on the item. which is 10 bucks less than what you're supposed to pay.

[quote name='MrBeatdown']I went to get these coupons for CoD4 and Smackdown tonight. As I was leaving I realized I was getting these games for PS3. #-o[/quote]

what you could do is ask for a gift receipt and see if they'd let you exchange it for the ps3 version despite the 10 bucks off. they issue gift receipts per item not per receipt.

bread's done
Back