Get a Resistance 3 Beta Code with Pre order of Resistance 3!

Magicman103

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Hey guys its my first post here at cag and amazon is having a promotion for preordering resistance 3.

If you preorder either the regular edition or the doomsday edition they will email you a beta code within minutes of your purchase.

http://www.amazon.com/Resistance-3-...E67A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1313395660&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.com/Resistance-3-Doomsday-Playstation/dp/B0050SXWKW

just a heads up though, apparently the beta is in a very buggy state right now (like the uc3 beta except this one has less people) with an impending patch being released.

Code can only be redeemed from August 15th to August 19th

The beta will run from now until September 4th.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='thisboywillbreak']Reminds me of the Duke Nukem Forever preorder thing. Fair warning, this thread might be deleted.[/QUOTE]

Yeah i changed the post and title. Your right, I dont want to endorse something like that.

[quote name='strait edge follower']I got my beta code from Amazon a couple of days ago, any of you guys want it ?[/QUOTE]

I would like the code please

Anyone got Amazon's preorder policy handy? I've done preorders before when I have credit and they always take it before the game even ships. How about a preorder and cancel?

[quote name='ijustw1n']Anyone got Amazon's preorder policy handy? I've done preorders before when I have credit and they always take it before the game even ships. How about a preorder and cancel?[/QUOTE]

Not an endorsement for grabbing a free code, but I've pre-ordered, received a bonus code and then canceled and you'll get all your money and/or credit back. Amazon changed the way they handle applying credit when you place an order within the last year. They remove the amount you applied to your pre-order from your current balance immediately, but if you cancel before the item ships (or return it), they'll add the amount back to your credit balance. (They don't charge your credit card if you have a split payment until it ships.)

I wish they had a ledger/history for store credit because I built up, and spent, quite a large sum over the last couple years and it's kind of tough to follow the money trail.

Sweet! Just preordered & canceled - if they add a promo credit maybe I'll preorder & keep it. Downloading beta now :applause:

*UPDATE*

First impressions: it's terrible! So glad I had a chance to get in the beta - saved myself some $$

[quote name='Junkyard Jeff']Sweet! Just preordered & canceled - if they add a promo credit maybe I'll preorder & keep it. Downloading beta now :applause:

*UPDATE*

First impressions: it's terrible! So glad I had a chance to get in the beta - saved myself some $$[/QUOTE]

Ha you must be joking, either that or you were playing against me and just sucked entirely.

[quote name='dansoccerball']Ha you must be joking, either that or you were playing against me and just sucked entirely.[/QUOTE]

Nah - it's just completely underwhelming in every possible way - no reason to ever play R3 multiplayer - too many better options - this has campaign only written all over it.

[quote name='FattyMoBookyButt']Not an endorsement for grabbing a free code, but I've pre-ordered, received a bonus code and then canceled and you'll get all your money and/or credit back. Amazon changed the way they handle applying credit when you place an order within the last year. They remove the amount you applied to your pre-order from your current balance immediately, but if you cancel before the item ships (or return it), they'll add the amount back to your credit balance. (They don't charge your credit card if you have a split payment until it ships.)

I wish they had a ledger/history for store credit because I built up, and spent, quite a large sum over the last couple years and it's kind of tough to follow the money trail.[/QUOTE]
Doing so could get you blacklisted from Amazon and your account closed.

Just check the boards at Fatwallet and Slickdeals for people who are complaining that they're Amazon accounts got closed for pulling similar stunts like these.

Okay so i just played the beta to level six and its pretty meh... I think the worst part is all the technical issues, like lag and freezing and the god awful hit detection.

And it takes soooo many bullets to kill someone its absurd. It takes almost a full clip of the carbine to take someone down its crazy.

The killstreaks are kind of cool but i feel like they've been done before and arent that unique. Although having a doppelganger is kind of cool. :)

[quote name='Magicman103']Okay so i just played the beta to level six and its pretty meh... I think the worst part is all the technical issues, like lag and freezing and the god awful hit detection.

And it takes soooo many bullets to kill someone its absurd. It takes almost a full clip of the carbine to take someone down its crazy.

The killstreaks are kind of cool but i feel like they've been done before and arent that unique. Although having a doppelganger is kind of cool. :)[/QUOTE]

I hope that is a glitch or something b/c I'm unloading half a clip or more to kill someone.

A buddy of mine was on the other team I was shooting him point blank (tried both head shots and body shots) and it took half a clip to kill him each time.

Game has a killzone feel but a little faster.

[quote name='aznhero913']I hope that is a glitch or something b/c I'm unloading half a clip or more to kill someone.

A buddy of mine was on the other team I was shooting him point blank (tried both head shots and body shots) and it took half a clip to kill him each time.

Game has a killzone feel but a little faster.[/QUOTE]

Yeah your right, it does feel like killzone with a tad bit more speedy gameplay.

And holy crap the rossmore?? Damn that thing kicks ass, especially when upgraded to level 3.

I've had this game pre-ordered for a while, not really by choice, since Amazon offered me $10 game credit to pick from a handful of games. We'll, Im glad I got to try the beta. It's so underwhelming that I just canceled my order, and sadly lost the $10 credit. At least it saved me the other $50 I was gonna have to put down.

There are many great games coming out, but I mostly care for Skyrim. Unless Amazon offers a nice $20 credit on any of the games, I'll only get Skyrim (even if it's full priced), and just wait for Black Friday sales.

bread's done
Back