Get oblivion or wait for fallout 3?

Sir_Fragalot

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Well I am debating if I should whether or not I should go and buy oblivion for the PC. I am kinda interested in the game and well I would go and snag a copy tonight most likely assuming my wally world has one, then again I am also interested in Fallout 3 and I am wondering if I should wait for fallout 3 or get oblivion now? I am just worried that the games might be a bit too similar.

Thanks

I don't think they'd be too similar to be able to buy both. They aren't that expensive. Just buy both. They are both awesome games, well at least everyone says Fallout 3 will be, but coming from Bethesda, it's worth it to purchase both.

I can't really recommend which game to get, since they are both equally awesome. Go with your gut. If you see Oblivion really cheap, buy it. Word of warning, if you have a 360 don't buy that version, it sucks not being able to play mods.

Can't you find Oblivion used and cheap by now? Just pick it up on ebay or goozex or something.

That said, I love RPG games but I've never enjoyed a Besthseda game. Big huge worlds with very little content don't appeal to me.

I'm praying they didn't screw up Fallout 3.

[quote name='Sideswiper'] Big huge worlds with very little content don't appeal to me.
[/QUOTE]

Not sure what game you were playing, but I find plenty of things to do in the Elder Scrolls games.

Get both games OP.

Supposely the fighting mechnic in Fallout 3 is different than Oblivon..

Also you have to ask yourself, thematically which game appeals to you more?

I like the post-nuclear war theme so I would personally go for Fallout. Everyone is different though...

Get oblivion! it is a solid game although Bethesda really messed up with the enemies scaling to your level. The Combat is addicting, Quests are fun and it is reasonably priced. When you buy this game you will not need another game for a few months. Highly Recommended!

Get the Game of the Year edition of Oblivion. It is an awesome game (I am sure Fallout 3 will be too). Fallout 3 is expected to have about 30 hours (last I heard) of gameplay. The GOTY Oblivion has well over 100. More for your money...

[quote name='Trebuken']Get the Game of the Year edition of Oblivion. It is an awesome game (I am sure Fallout 3 will be too). Fallout 3 is expected to have about 30 hours (last I heard) of gameplay. The GOTY Oblivion has well over 100. More for your money...[/QUOTE]

I think 30 hours is just for the main quest of Fallout 3. Besides, if it's true to Fallout tradition it will have a metric TON of replay value and kick the snot out of Oblivion's length.

bread's done
Back