Get paid to leave your computer on!

Miranda

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Gomez Peer is a program that runs in the background and pays you for leaving your computer on and connected to the internet and pays you $1 per active referral.

I've been a member with them since 2001 back when they were called Porivo Peer and they've always paid me every time I met the minimum payment amount (only $5).

It's not a virus or spyware at all, just an application that sits in your tray to test performances of websites (you can learn more about that at gomez.com). Like I said, I've been running this thing for 7 years now - I wouldn't be using it if it was bad for my PC. If you don't trust it, scan it first.

Here's what they pay:

Online Time Payments (per day) $0.10
Processing Time Payments (per min.) $0.0005
Referral Bonus (per Active Referral) $1.00
Min. Monthly Payment $5.00
Max. Earnings per month $45.00

It might take a while to become "active" but as long as you leave it running, they'll activate your account.

You need a minimum of 2 hours of connection time per day to be paid for the "online time" payment and before they start paying you for processing time. You won't always get processing time, some days you might get a lot, and some days you'll barely get any... it's completely random.

If you want to earn more processing time, you can run the Peer on mulitiple computers. They encourage this in their FAQ to help you earn more money faster. So install it on as many computers as you want! When you install it, be sure to use a unique machine name per computer. Windows PCs only, but can be run in Wine in Linux.

In reality, don't expect to earn much since some months I barely meet the minimum with the Peer running on 3 computers. But if you leave your computer on all the time anyway, you might as well get paid for it.

Payment proof, screenshots from my PayPal account:

2001-2003 (when they were still called Porivo)

2003-2004

2005-present

If you join, I'd appreciate it if you can sign up through my referral link.

http://www.gomezpeerzone.com/Apply.aspx?Referrer=miranda

If it's not already there, please enter miranda as your referrer. THANKS!

Last edited by a moderator:
This contest ends soon and I've had no signups from any CAGs. :whistle2:(

I think if we flex a little bit of CAG muscle, we could easily win this one.

Please help.

Whoa! I come home and suddenly that guy has 28 referrals.

I only have 11 right now, but I'm not giving up.

So for participating CAGs... but only if I win 1st prize since 2nd prize is worth less to me than what I'm giving away, I'm going to raffle off:

$10 Amazon GC (code will be PMed to you if you are chosen)
Shadow the Hedgehog (complete) for GameCube
Sneak King (new) for Xbox/Xbox 360

I'll pick three winners, first name chosen gets first pick, second chooses the next prize, and the third person will get whatever's left.

To be eligible to win, all you have to do is sign up using my referral link and make at least 1 post.

[quote name='christenm123']If I sign up for you can you sign up under me and go green on a GPT site? :)[/quote]

I checked your thread and I don't do any offers that require a credit card, sorry!

[quote name='xBrandonx']Signed up under you, wanna help me out? :p Check my siggy :)[/quote]

I have sigs turned off. But I checked your profile and signed up under you for points2shop.

[quote name='gohan.ssj2']Does Gomez PEER work with Windows Vista?
Because I don't see Vista for System Requirements.[/quote]

I'm not sure because I use it on XP Home & Pro.

I think I tried it when Vista was still in beta and it worked back then.

If anyone using Vista can verify that it works, please post.

Unfortunately, I installed the program on my computer and It does not work well with Vista home basic.

I will just wait the next version of the program and I hope that It will be compatible with Windows Vista.

Thanks!

I have Vista Home and it's working quite well. I'm somewhat confused about this program though. Do I start to receive money once I become active? The account status says "pending" and activity is "waiting". I've had my computer on for about 2 days though. At the bottom it also says potential $$$: $0.04.
Oh and if you've never signed up on Prize Rebel, I would appreciate it if you could sign up as my referral if you ever get the time. My topic should be on page 2 or 3.

[quote name='SoNiC1023']For the payments you had up above how long was your computer on during the month?[/quote]

I have it installed on three computers. One of those computers is barely ever on, so it's more like just having two computers running. One computer never gets turned off, so it's always racking up time. Then my other computer is on for about 16 hours a day. But I can tell you the total time I've had since I've had it running. According to my account:

Life Time
Online Time (min) 6232875
Processing Time (min) 225727.23
Earnings $283.78
Referral Bonuses $4.00

So that's about 11.85 years of online time, almost 157 days worth of processing time. You really don't get paid much. But if your computer is online anyway, you can earn a few pennies for it.

Also, they did pay more in the earlier years. It used to be about 25 cents per day, plus about half a cent or one cent per minute for processing time or something. Then they kept on decreasing the daily online time payments down to 20, 15, 10 cents, now 4, so most of the time it takes me two months to earn the $5 minimum.

Then they'll pay you within 1-2 months... no PayPal fees, even to a premier/business account since they use PayPal's mass pay feature where they pay the PayPal fee.

[quote name='The0ne']I have Vista Home and it's working quite well. I'm somewhat confused about this program though. Do I start to receive money once I become active? The account status says "pending" and activity is "waiting". I've had my computer on for about 2 days though. At the bottom it also says potential $$$: $0.04.[/quote]

It can take up to two weeks for them to activate you. And, yes, that's when you can start to receive money, once your account status is active.

http://peer.gomez.com/aspx/Glossary.aspx

Account Status: Account status determines whether you are eligible for payments for your Processing Time. After Gomez reviews your application and recognizes that you are running the PEER, Gomez will designate you as one of the following three account tatuses, or categories: Active, Pending, or Inactive. Gomez will notify you within 14 business days via e-mail regarding your account status. Your account designation will dispay on the PEER application window, or GUI, and on your custom home page. For more information about each status category, please see the definitions in this glossary.

Active Gomez PEER:
Gomez will review your application and notify you of your Account Status via e-mail within 14 business days of receiving your application. Active PEERs are those users who have been selected by Gomez to receive payments for Processing Time. Selection is based, in Gomez's sole discretion, on the current Gomez business need for Gomez PEERs with certain System Characteristics and System Activity. "Active" Gomez PEERs will receive payments based on Processing Time payments. For further assistance, please consult the Terms of Service.
I think once I get another computer, I'll probably help my referrals get their status to active by running the Peer using their username. That way, they can start earning with it and I'd get the referral bonus, since Gomez doesn't give the bonus unless your referrals are active. I don't know why I didn't think about doing that before... it probably would've kept some of my referrals from giving up and being inactive.

[quote name='The0ne']Oh and if you've never signed up on Prize Rebel, I would appreciate it if you could sign up as my referral if you ever get the time. My topic should be on page 2 or 3.[/quote]

Unfortunately, I'm signed up with Prize Rebel already.

[quote name='The0ne']Oh, ok that makes sense I guess. And too bad about Prize Rebel. Do you have an account Winzy?[/quote]

Signed up under you @ Winzy.

As of this post, I won't be doing referral swaps anymore. Mostly because I can't always sign up under someone if I'm already a member of whatever site you want me to join and because I usually end up not using a lot of sites after signing up for them. So I'd be kind of a useless referral if it's the kind of site that gives you a percentage of whatever your referrals earn.

I forgot about this. I decided to check back on gomez peer and saw that I was finally active (took longer than 14 days). Do I start getting the total money earned at the beginning of the next month? How does that work? And I entered my paypal info on the site in case I get the money. Don't know if you'll see this post since your last is from september 2nd.

If you've reached at least $5 before the end of the earnings closing date (it shows the date in the peer), then it'll take them about a month (sometimes two months) to process it and send you the PayPal payment for it.

If you didn't reach $5 in earnings, then what you earned rolls over to the next month.

They sent me my payment for September on October 22nd.

bread's done
Back