Get Seven Different UltraViolet Digital Films Shipped in US for only $14.99

BigBadWolfe143

CAGiversary!
Feedback
514 (100%)
Seven Different UltraViolet Digital Films Shipped in US for only $14.99

Family Video has the following Seven different titles available at the prices shown below:

Horrible Bosses Ultraviolet Code - $1.50
Green Lantern Ultraviolet Code - $1.50
Crazy, Stupid, Love. Ultraviolet Code - $1.50
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II Ultraviolet Code - $1.50
Cowboys & Aliens UltraViolet Code - $2.50.
Hangover Part II UltraViolet Code - $2.50
Dolphin Tale UltraViolet Code - $2.00

For a total of $13 and their shipping is always a flat rate of $1.99

So you get an UltraViolet copy of all 7 movies for only $14.99

http://www.familyvideo.com/catalog/browse_genre.php?browse_id=255

If you need more information about UltraViolet you can get details here on their website: http://www.uvvu.com/what-is-uv.php

You can use the Flixster app to watch the movies on your Android and Apple Phones and Tablets or with your Google TV.

Plus if you go to this Slickdeals link to a post from jasonbuechler you can also get another movie for free for setting up your Flixster account through Facebook.

http://slickdeals.net/f/3579730-Free-credit-for-downloadable-movie-for-creating-free-UltraViolet-account

Apple App:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/movies-by-flixster-rotten/id284235722

Android App:
https://market.android.com/details?id=net.flixster.android

And Flixster has put together a great video on how to setup your account here:
http://www.flixster.com/about/ultraviolet/

Looks like shipping will be refunded if you don't order anything else with the codes. In addition, the Warner Brothers UltraViolet Codes can also be used to redeem points for rewards at www.wbinsiderrewards.com.

"Please note that there is a limit of 3 UltraViolet codes per customer per movie. Shipping fees will automatically be charged, but will be refunded if your order ONLY contains UltraViolet Redemption Codes. We will confirm this refund when we e-mail you the UltraViolet Code."

To the uninformed, UV is not a normal digital copy of the movie. UV grants you permission to stream a movie, which will really eat up your cell phone data plan. Even with the low prices, UV codes are not worth it. Best bet is to just rip the movie from the disc.

[quote name='4tygames']To the uninformed, UV is not a normal digital copy of the movie. UV grants you permission to stream a movie, which will really eat up your cell phone data plan. Even with the low prices, UV codes are not worth it. Best bet is to just rip the movie from the disc.[/QUOTE]

They do also allow you to download a digital copy that you can use when you don't have Internet access but with wifi being available most places I go it is nice to be able to stream the movies with out having to use up all the storage space on my phone and tablet.

"Fear of change doesn't just hold you back it stops you truly living."

[quote name='brernurse']They do also allow you to download a digital copy that you can use when you don't have Internet access.[/QUOTE]

Since when? Reviews for all blu-rays with UV codes are incredibly low on Amazon. Why? The digital copy that you can "download" is in the WB Proprietary movie format that is NOT compatible with iTunes, Windows Media, or any associated devices. You would have to play your digital copy in the WB Movie Player that uses Adobe AIR. In all, you will have to download 3 all-new programs to your computer and/or devices to make these digital copies work. This is not easy and flexible for the customer like past digital copies have been. In the past, you were able to download digital copies in the iTunes movie format that was compatible with iTunes on your PC, and your iPhone, iPod, iPad, etc. This is not the case anymore.

It will probably make more sense in the future, but right now in several airports and airlines you have to pay $10+ an hour for wifi and it makes no sense on a car trip unless you have a Sprint data plan.

"Fear of change doesn't just hold you back it stops you truly living."

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I welcome change when it makes sense. With all of UV's restrictions, they are step backward for the majority of customers.

Also, I can get quote-y too if you like. A better quote to use for UV would be:

"A desire to resist oppression is implanted in the nature of man."

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='4tygames']Since when? Reviews on amazon on the Harry Potter Blu ray say otherwise.

It will probably make more sense in the future, but right now in airports and airplanes you have to pay $10+ an hour for wifi and it makes no sense on a car trip unless you have a Sprint data plan.[/QUOTE]

i had the same reservations at first but i used the Dolphin tale code and was able to get a download option (and it worked) on an Ipod touch 4g but not on a 3g.
so it appears to be a device issue that i hope they remedy soon for android

One more thing, this format is not accepted by two major players: Apple and Disney. It hinges on as being as worthless as HD-DVD.

I.E. Don't get too invested in this format.

[quote name='ssjmichael']I don't get the hate over UV, it sounds a lot more accessible than standard digital copies are.[/QUOTE]

You ever use it? Personally, I didn't like the service because it required the use of flixster and since your movies are saved in the clouds, you had to have an internet connection. I remember not liking the websites layout either back when I redeemed Green Lantern, which could have been updated by now.

Thanks OP just ordered Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part 2. I figured you can't go wrong for $1.50.

[quote name='4tygames']One more thing, this format is not accepted by two major players: Apple and Disney. It hinges on as being as worthless as HD-DVD.

I.E. Don't get too invested in this format.[/QUOTE]

I find far more value in any single HD-DVD I have than I do with the multitude of digital copies that have to come packaged with blu-rays I buy.

[quote name='thePhildown']You ever use it? Personally, I didn't like the service because it required the use of flixster and since your movies are saved in the clouds, you had to have an internet connection. I remember not liking the websites layout either back when I redeemed Green Lantern, which could have been updated by now.[/QUOTE]

Yes I've used it, and no you don't have to always have an internet connection to use it. I'm not sure if it's for all movies, but there is an option to download an offline copy (MPEG4 format), and you can even burn it to disc. UV is better because it has much more options than a standard digital copy. With most if not all standard digital copies, you basically had the option of using iTunes, or Windows Media Player. As an android user I was basically SOL. With UV, there's a Flixster android app, allowing me to stream movies to my tablet. Plus you can share your movies with like 5 or 6 other people, you cannot do the same with a standard dc.

I think over time people will realize that it's not all that bad, especially if they make it so you can download a copy for every movie. It's pretty crazy that people make such a huge deal out of a digital copy to begin with. People trash amazon pages for movies that come with UV, it's so retarded. You'd think a digital copy wouldn't really be that huge of a deal, compared to the Blu-ray and DVD that's included with the purchase Ultimately you could make your own digital copy.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Yes I've used it, and no you don't have to always have an internet connection to use it. I'm not sure if it's for all movies, but there is an option to download an offline copy (MPEG4 format), and you can even burn it to disc. UV is better because it has much more options than a standard digital copy. With most if not all standard digital copies, you basically had the option of using iTunes, or Windows Media Player. As an android user I was basically SOL. With UV, there's a Flixster android app, allowing me to stream movies to my tablet. Plus you can share your movies with like 5 or 6 other people, you cannot do the same with a standard dc.

I think over time people will realize that it's not all that bad, especially if they make it so you can download a copy for every movie. It's pretty crazy that people make such a huge deal out of a digital copy to begin with. People trash amazon pages for movies that come with UV, it's so retarded. You'd think a digital copy wouldn't really be that huge of a deal, compared to the Blu-ray and DVD that's included with the purchase Ultimately you could make your own digital copy.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I can't believe how many 1-stars I've seen simply because of a digital copy. Especially since you could make your own digital copy from a DVD or Blu-ray with just a little effort.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Yes I've used it, and no you don't have to always have an internet connection to use it. I'm not sure if it's for all movies, but there is an option to download an offline copy (MPEG4 format), and you can even burn it to disc. UV is better because it has much more options than a standard digital copy. With most if not all standard digital copies, you basically had the option of using iTunes, or Windows Media Player. As an android user I was basically SOL. With UV, there's a Flixster android app, allowing me to stream movies to my tablet. Plus you can share your movies with like 5 or 6 other people, you cannot do the same with a standard dc.

I think over time people will realize that it's not all that bad, especially if they make it so you can download a copy for every movie. It's pretty crazy that people make such a huge deal out of a digital copy to begin with. People trash amazon pages for movies that come with UV, it's so retarded. You'd think a digital copy wouldn't really be that huge of a deal, compared to the Blu-ray and DVD that's included with the purchase Ultimately you could make your own digital copy.[/QUOTE]

Why people don't use handbrake to make their own digital copies is beyond me. I'll give the service a shot again once I buy another WB movie and get my new evo tablet up and running. Up until recently, all I've used are my iPhone and iMac. Maybe with my new android tablet and after months of not using the service, I'll be happier this time around.

Just as an update my oder came via email today and worked just fine I added all the ones I got to my account via Flixster If you did get Cowboys and Aliens you have to submit through universal there should be directions in your email for both.

I like it, because if you contact Flixster they will give you a digital copy code so you can download it in Itunes. I got a code for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 last night, and within an hour I had it downloaded in Itunes.

Do they still mail the code? Or will it come in email? I saw that shipping will be credited, so maybe it's email. Just curious

Thanks!

bread's done
Back