Get Spore Early...

Gutsy move, that is going to piss off some retailers. It will be interesting to see if they end up breaking the street date. Although it isn't as big of deal I suppose if it was the console game.

According to the EA site you can download it now, but you will not be able to play it until September 7th, so the only real advantage is that you wont have to download it that day. Of course, it also says it will still take 30 minutes to decrypt before its ready to play, but hey, guess it beats downloading the entire game, if youre actually OK with a digital copy

[quote name='Poor2More']its EA im sure they can do what they want...[/quote]

A company called "SEGA" thought the same thing.

They've kinda gone downhill since then.

Lesson learned: Never piss off the people who move your products.

[quote name='gaxur']A company called "SEGA" thought the same thing.

They've kinda gone downhill since then.

Lesson learned: Never piss off the people who move your products.[/quote]

Yeah it was the sellers that screwed sega, not the shitty games and systems.

[quote name='Ecto311']Yeah it was the sellers that screwed sega, not the shitty games and systems.[/quote]

What shitty systems?

Sadly, I have to say I'm avoiding this game, for the pure reason of the SecureROM garbage. I'm sorry, but I don't want to be limited to 3 installs of a game before having to fill out a form and hope for the best. The game looks great, but I refuse to allow SecureROM onto my PC.

I'm holding off on Spore to see how EA's unprecedented level of merchandising tie-in bullshit affects the game itself. They're talking about a Spore store and all sorts of stuff that screams "MICROTRANSACTIONS FOR EVERYTHING!!11"

Side note: I saw a billboard advertising Spore by the IKEA in Emeryville, CA. For all the hype going into this game, very few people actually realize it's a series of RTS/4X "lite" minigames strung together with some incredibly awesome unit editors.

[quote name='SuperJedi']Digital Downloads = GIMMICK. :whistle2:|[/quote]

Not in my opinion. Certain systems, such as EA's, are just bad. Valve's Steam is fantastic for games. I prefer to buy my PC games through Steam due to ease of installation and ability to redownload on any PC.

Now I will never buy anything on the EA Store. Why? They only "keep" your file for 6 months unless you pay more money for them to hold it for... a year! And, from what I saw, there's no way to actually save and burn the .exe file, so hope you never have to reformat or have a system crash...

bread's done
Back