Get trade-in promo values converted to $$$ at GS/EB, BIG YMMV

bjork73

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I recently bought a copy of Sega Genesis Collection for the PS2 at a local GS using mostly promo credit (it was a local coupon for $10 in trade-in for trading in three games). I put the balance of $4 and change on a credit card. After getting the same game for half price at CC, I returned the game to GS, expecting only the $4 credit to my card and the rest as a receipt for trade-in credit to use in the future. Lo and behold, the guy just credited my credit card for the whole purchase price. I don't think that was supposed to happen, but if you know an employee at GS that does it, you can use a trade-in offer to cover MOST of the purchase price of an item and cover the rest with a credit card, and return it and get the whole purchase price credited to your card. I'm not suggesting this as a way to really make money, but it may be a way to get some extra value out of your older games.

A few months back I bought a bunch of games B1G1 free from them and returned a few. They just gave me the entire credit value, so even though I only paid $9.99 for 2 games, I got $19.98 in credit after I returned the games I didn't like!

Funny thing was when I purchased them it was the same night as Wii lanuch and the employees were going crazy...the kid accidentally slipped a brand new Eragon in my stack of used game (although I handed it back over to them ;))

This is more just a simple fuck up than any kind of deal. Grats on the cash, but it's definatly not something that's gonna be working more than a pure stupid luck thing.

a while back i got 3 games in a buy two get one free deal. one i realized wasn'tt BC on 360 (advent rising) so i went to return it with my receipt. this was the game that was marked as the free game so i asked the clerk "sooo how does this work?" after i showed him my receipt. he says "don't worry about it" and gave me cash back for the game. so i originally bought 2 games at 17.99 and got one more for free. then he gave me 17.99 back when i returned the free game. so it ended up being like a buy 1 get 1 free for me. really strange. he wasn't busy or anything.

[quote name='djkunai']Not a deal, definitely a bragging right- like the hobo with the $10 Final Fantasy XII.[/quote]

Wow, ok, I don't know what I did to deserve that bit of back-handed verbal diarrhea in my Cheerios... didn't I explicitly qualify my title with BIG YMMV? BTW that trip to GameStop was about one of a million other things I did today, so it's not like my day is focused around netting about ten bucks from a video game chain :roll:

That's not a deal, the guy fucked up, simple as that. No YMMV involved. That's like me posting that I bought two games at Walmart but they only scanned one or something, and then posting it as a YMMV deal.

[quote name='bjork73']Wow, ok, I don't know what I did to deserve that bit of back-handed verbal diarrhea in my Cheerios... didn't I explicitly qualify my title with BIG YMMV? [/QUOTE]

WTF? He's just pointing out to you to post in the proper forum. Don't be a prick.

bread's done
Back