Get Turbo Tax!! The cheapest possible way?

Costco is the cheapest I have seen. Best Buy used to give you a Free DVD when you purchase TurboTax Pro. I am waiting for this deal to purchase.

Cant you get these for free? I just read it somewhere where someone did their taxes with this free program for free. I think it was Tax Act.

[quote name='beguile']Cant you get these for free? I just read it somewhere where someone did their taxes with this free program for free. I think it was Tax Act.[/quote]

I did it with some coupon and got my federal done for $9.99+tax.

Arizona has some program where people under 25 that make 50,000 or less can do their taxes for free through Taxslayer. I don't know if other states offer programs, but I've done my taxes, direct deposited into my bank account, for free for the last two years.

[quote name='Number83']Don't forget that when you purchase Turbo Tax, you can deduct the full price on your return.[/quote]
I was looking to pick up TurboTax this year. Is there an option within the program as you're filing to deduct the cost of it?

Also, can two different people (filing separately) use the same program, i.e. rather than each person buying the program?

I used freetaxusa.com last year. Free to do your taxes, and free to file if you mkae less than $35k I think. I used it last year and this year for me and my wife. Pretty easy, and I used it for itemized deductions, not just standard.

bread's done
Back