Get Wii Online in Dorm Room

regisphilbi0

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Seeing as the Wii has no Ethernet port, and my dorm has no wireless, I am thinking of buying a Wireless Access Point to get my Wii/DS/Computer online wirelessly. Can anyone recommend a good way? My friend bought the Nintendo DS WiFI adapter but tech services said they can't let it work because they can't open the ports. Any ideas?

[quote name='regisphilbi0']Seeing as the Wii has no Ethernet port, and my dorm has no wireless, I am thinking of buying a Wireless Access Point to get my Wii/DS/Computer online wirelessly. Can anyone recommend a good way? My friend bought the Nintendo DS WiFI adapter but tech services said they can't let it work because they can't open the ports. Any ideas?[/QUOTE]

Yikes, ya. This is a huge problem here at my University too. Our ResNet (IS, or whatever it may be called at your school) allows us to register a gaming console in addition to computers and they set it up online for you.

I live off-campus (sort of), so I have a wireless router, but I still am getting a USB Wifi because I'm going to have to move back on during the summer.

I kind a wireless router, and it had an option to set its mac address to something else. So I registered my laptop on the network, then plugged it into the router, and changed the router's MAC ID to the same as my laptop, then plugged it directly into the wall and it worked fine.

I've got an extra Wireless Access Point (I accidentally bought two, because I thought the other got lost in the mail) that I'll sell for 20 bucks shipped. It's the same exact one I have, and it works perfectly with my DS, Wii, and even a PSP. PM me and I'll give you a picture or any more info you want, and I can put it up on eBay if you wanna.

bread's done
Back