Getting a DS. DSi? Lite? New? Refurbed?

Esoteria

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I'm in a tough spot. I want a DS system, but I may or may not be hanging onto it indefinitely.

I don't currently want any of the DSi features, so that points to a DS Lite. I could go the eBay route, and if I need to sell it later I could get most of my money back. But I also have over $100 in GameStop credit, and after shipping it seems like a used Lite on eBay would run me near the $99.99 that a refurbished one costs at GameStop.

Seems like buying a refurbished one in person at GameStop (to verify quality), and then selling it on eBay at a later date if necessary is the way to go. Is there a better way?

Also, there's no hardware advantage to the Lite versus the original DS right? Apart from looking like a total moron bringing a fat DS out in public, do I lose anything? We're not talking about a first-run XBox 360 here, right?

Suggestions & deals welcome.

I brought my crimson lite off of craigslist for 60.00 i think its your best bet to save money and insure yourself about the purchase by getting to test/see it.

To spend 100.00 on a used one i think you might as well jump to the DSI white bundles with the mario game. For and extra 70.00 bucks with tax you get a new one and a mario game. If your looking to play GBA games then of course go with a lite and if that's the case a new one is 129.99 wait till you catch a sale to.

Check in the trade forums here. I have a DS Lite for sale (and I know I'm not the only one). My guess is $100 is GS credit could get you a DS Lite and a couple of games.

Do NOT get an original model DS. Compared to the Lite, the screens are terrible and the edges are uncomfortable. I recommend either a Lite or an XL. The XL's big screens are great, and it's my system of choice, but the Lite will do.

A price drop starts on Sept 12. I think all the new systems drop 20 bucks off the price so that will also lower the used price as well if interested.

Agreed, stay away from the original DS. The screens are an eyesore. And the battery is noticeably shorter in the original.

bread's done
Back