Getting a PS3, need some good deals

Bslashingu

CAG Veteran
I'm looking to get a PS3 (I currently have a 360, looking to get rid of it, might post that in the Trade forum though), and I'm just looking for what would be the best deals for a new PS3 owner.

I'm looking for a 160gb PS3, seems to be the best value, might roll with the Black Ops edition, and I might get 3D Dot Game Heroes or Uncharted 1, along with the PS3 Welcome Back games if I'm eligible. I'm not looking to buy more than one or two games.

I'm looking to maximize my savings, I'll be selling my 360, so I'm hoping to get a good price for that.

If anybody has any advice, that'd be awesome!

Currently the best deal is from amazon.com

297.99 (strange price point) + 50.00 amazon credit.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003VUO6H4/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

This is basically the same value as the blackops bundle though. So if you want blackops I guess just buy that bundle instead. If not Then get the 50 credit deal from amazon.

I am sort of waiting for a blackops deal that has a giftcard.. that would be pretty nice if it ever happens.

You could see if a CAG still has the Target PS3 coupon and is willing to trade with you. (Or, try eBay/Craigs, if you would rather not trade.) You get a $100 Target gift card with the purchase of a PS3 bundle. You would also only pay tax on $199.99 by using the coupon. Expires 6/18/11 so you still have some time.

Good luck.

Im in the same thought here. Should have jumped on the deal when gamestop gave the 100$ off coupon. I have a little over $200 credit at gamestop. I was really expecting E3 price drops.

You guys missed the Microcenter deal for $110 refurb though some people (not on here) may have bought them in an a-hole attempt to flip a bunch of them for some profit. I would check craigslist for unopened refurbs.

Thanks for the advice guys. What's up with the PS3 coupon? Just random people might have it and are willing to trade? I'll post in the trade forums and see if anybody has it.

[quote name='Brad13186']Im in the same thought here. Should have jumped on the deal when gamestop gave the 100$ off coupon. I have a little over $200 credit at gamestop. I was really expecting E3 price drops.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's what I was expecting from the Sony conference, was so disappointed.

[quote name='Bslashingu']Thanks for the advice guys. What's up with the PS3 coupon? Just random people might have it and are willing to trade? I'll post in the trade forums and see if anybody has it.[/QUOTE]

Most likely not random people getting it. You had to buy specific items at Target in order for the coupon to print. Some people just might have extras like those saving the coupon to trade or sell or those who waited (in vain) for an official price drop.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to a local game trading store and saw they have 160gb PS3's for $199, which is a pretty good deal, in my opinion. Gamestop has a used 160 for $269, which was right across the street. I'm not too picky, I'll take a used one since it's $100 cheaper. I'll have to ask them what their return policy is if they even have one, just in case.

FYI: In order to get in on the Welcome Back program being offered by Sony now, you had to sign up for PSN PRIOR to the outage in order to get in on the free games.

Otherwise you're SOL on getting in on that program.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']FYI: In order to get in on the Welcome Back program being offered by Sony now, you had to sign up for PSN PRIOR to the outage in order to get in on the free games.

Otherwise you're SOL on getting in on that program.[/QUOTE]

Oh, lame. Oh well, no biggie.

nevermind, im on the same boat. have 360 but want a ps3. i feel like such a retard for not buying it when the 100$ target card deal was being printed.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back