Getting a PSP - Have a question!

Setzer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
80 (100%)
I want to be able to use emus and stuff on it but I understand you need version 1.5, at least this was the case a year ago when I last owned one. Is this still the case? If so, is my only hope to get a 1.5 on ebay? And if I'm running 1.5 does that mean I can't play any of the latest titles on it? Thanks for the help!

[quote name='Snake2715']You might be better off asking for the best PSP forums and then going there to ask... CAG gets sticky with emu stuff.[/quote]

My question has nothing to do with "How to emu", I'm trying to find out what's the best way to get a 1.5 PSP or is a 1.5 PSP even necessary for doing homebrew?

[quote name='Setzer']I want to be able to use emus and stuff on it but I understand you need version 1.5, at least this was the case a year ago when I last owned one. Is this still the case? If so, is my only hope to get a 1.5 on ebay? And if I'm running 1.5 does that mean I can't play any of the latest titles on it? Thanks for the help![/quote]

No, I know people have talked about a " downgrader " for the fw. So I do not think you only have to have a 1.5 any more.

As of the end of the summer I think you could downgrade a 2.8 to a 1.5 but I'm not sure about the newer 3.0 and up FWs.

[quote name='Setzer']I want to be able to use emus and stuff on it but I understand you need version 1.5, at least this was the case a year ago when I last owned one. Is this still the case? If so, is my only hope to get a 1.5 on ebay?[/QUOTE]

firmware 2.71 and below can be downgraded (unless you get a psp with a TA-082 motherboard).

[quote name='Setzer']And if I'm running 1.5 does that mean I can't play any of the latest titles on it? Thanks for the help![/QUOTE]

Devhook, by Booster, can emulate any firmware up to 2.71 will no problem (2.80 and above games can get a little complicated). I heard 2.71SE (a custom firmware) is really good too, but I have never tried it.

this isn't the right board for this stuff.
visit sites such as maxconsole & psphacks if you need more info

http://forums.maxconsole.net/
http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/

If you want a PSP running 1.5, don't even bother getting one. It's hurting PSP game sales too much with people running firmware to where they can't play new games. :( Emu's run like shit on PSP. Just play them on PC or their original console/handheld.

[quote name='The Mana Knight'] :( Emu's run like shit on PSP. Just play them on PC or their original console/handheld.[/quote]

I've heard differently but if running 1.5 prevents me from playing newer games then I won't bother.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Emu's run like shit on PSP. Just play them on PC or their original console/handheld.[/QUOTE]
That's not really the case, although you do have to tweak the settings in some cases. But yeah, it's a problem since you basically have to choose between emulation and new games.

I'm running the 2.71 custom firmware and it works great. It allows you to run any homebrew application that needs 1.50 firmware. In addition is also lets you run UMD games that require up to 2.80 firmware.

And whoever said emulators don't run well on the PSP doesn't know what they're talking about. I'm currently running a NES, SNES, Genesis, GBA emulator as well as Doom and Quake which work awesome for the most part. Some games. mostly for the SNES and GBA emulators run slow but considering you're playing them on a portable system is understandable.

[quote name='uberzone']I'm running the 2.71 custom firmware and it works great. It allows you to run any homebrew application that needs 1.50 firmware. In addition is also lets you run UMD games that require up to 2.80 firmware.

And whoever said emulators don't run well on the PSP doesn't know what they're talking about. I'm currently running a NES, SNES, Genesis, GBA emulator as well as Doom and Quake which work awesome for the most part. Some games. mostly for the SNES and GBA emulators run slow but considering you're playing them on a portable system is understandable.[/quote]

QFT. I'm using DevHook .46 (I haven't tried the and I can play anything up to 2.71FW whether it's an ISO or a store-bought game. In addition, I can play my NES and GB/GBC emulators perfectly with zero framerate issues. The SNES and GBA emulators are playable but not 100% - some games work better than others.

bread's done
Back