Getting an SNES to work on an LCD

magiic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
144 (100%)
I have an LG 26" LCD TV/ Monitor and for whatever reason the SNES does not want to work on it. It works on other tv's. But nothing shows up on my lcd when I use it. I have ran it direct to tv and through my system selector but so far the only way I can get it onto the lcd in a round about way is using the adaptec gamebridge. Am I doing something wrong?

good call I'll see if I can figure out how to do that. Any ideas how I'd do that?

EDIT: I browsed through the menu using my remote and saw nothing about changing it to interlaced. :(

Some TVs won't let you switch modes and will automatically run whatever signal it's getting. What else have you tried in that port? Any issues with other things?

With and without the switchbox? After that, it's the cable. The 64 and SNES use the same cables. Try swapping them. If that doesn't do it, there's something completely off the wall going wrong between the time the signal leaves the SNES and TV.

However you get it to work, it will probably look like ass. I had my SNES hooked up to my 32 inch Samsung LCD and it looked crappy. I have put all my really old school systems back up to regular SDTV.

I have tried with and without the switcher and I have tried with 4 sets of the composite cables, one from each of my 64, the snes one and the gamecube one. I am out of ideas.

@addicted2games

we dont have any SDTV, we have a 26" LCD, 32" LCD and a 50" SXRD

bread's done
Back