Getting out of gaming

stealthking

CAG Veteran
When will you get out of gaming?
I'm thinking about selling all my games.
I have several new items such as a sealed ps2 and several games.
I don't have time to play them anymore.

I don't ever plan to get out of gaming. In fact, I have plans to work in gaming after college!

[quote name='Rig']I don't ever plan to get out of gaming. In fact, I have plans to work in gaming after college![/quote]

Same here, that's why I'm here at UAT.

[quote name='CrashSpyro123'][quote name='Rig']I don't ever plan to get out of gaming. In fact, I have plans to work in gaming after college![/quote]

Same here, that's why I'm here at UAT.[/quote]

im gonna release my own console next week some time. I WIN!

[quote name='cthcky33'][quote name='CrashSpyro123'][quote name='Rig']I don't ever plan to get out of gaming. In fact, I have plans to work in gaming after college![/quote]

im gonna release my own console next week some time. I WIN![/quote]

Nobody will buy it. You will go bankrupt. Microsoft will then rape you...

We win! :p

[quote name='CrashSpyro123']I'll give you $5 for all of it. :D[/quote]

$5.01!

*bell rings*

barker10-30-02.jpg

"OMG we have an exact corrent answer!"

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='CrashSpyro123']I'll give you $5 for all of it. :D[/quote]

$5.01!

*bell rings*

barker10-30-02.jpg

"OMG we have an exact corrent answer!"[/quote]

Now reach into his pocket and pull out the $100 dollar bill. Leave the roll of quarters alone!

I don't know...I've been thinking about getting out of gaming myself. At least temporarily. Most games just aren't fun to me anymore. The only game I've been playing continuously is Halo 2 on XBox Live, and I only play that when my friends are on. It's like the magic of gaming is gone.

I long for the days of Chrono Trigger, Super Mario World, Contra, and such. Hours of enjoyment.

Hopefully the next-gen systems will revitalize my interest in gaming. Until then, however, I may be going on hiatus unless some killer app comes out this year and just floors me. The new Zelda might do the trick.

[quote name='stealthking']When will you get out of gaming?
I don't have time to play them anymore.[/quote]

Maybe you can use that spare time from playing games to brush up on your grammar ;)

[quote name='Rig'][quote name='cthcky33'][quote name='CrashSpyro123'][quote name='Rig']I don't ever plan to get out of gaming. In fact, I have plans to work in gaming after college![/quote]

im gonna release my own console next week some time. I WIN![/quote]

Nobody will buy it. You will go bankrupt. Microsoft will then rape you...

We win! :p[/quote]

im giving out free paper towels and/or bottles of ketchup with preorders though... its flawless

[quote name='CappyCobra'][quote name='stealthking']When will you get out of gaming?

Maybe you can use that spare time from playing games to brush up on your grammar ;)[/quote]

:lol:

i keep a blender in my room just in case i ever think about getting out of gaming....that way, if i ever think about it, ill just stick my face in the blender so i stop thinking about it

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']i keep a blender in my room just in case i ever think about getting out of gaming....that way, if i ever think about it, ill just stick my face in the blender so i stop thinking about it[/quote]

If you ever get out of gaming, I call first dibs on your collection!

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']i keep a blender in my room just in case i ever think about getting out of gaming....that way, if i ever think about it, ill just stick my face in the blender so i stop thinking about it[/quote]

That's hardcore. Every serious gamer should have a blender in their room for that purpose. I always turn on the blender in my room to do the same thing but for some reason I always end up making margaritas and getting shitfaced and then magically games are fun again! Either way, the blender works.

you will never get out of gaming. I got out back in 1994 when i sold all my systems and video games. 1 year later i had double the crap i sold off.

I'll sell all things for 1,500.
that includes like 10 cube games, 2 cube controllers 4 ps2 game,s a new ps2 in box 2 with 2 controllers, 4 new 8mb ps2 mem cards, dozens of strategy guides with about 7 new ones,a modded ps1 with about 30 games and 2 cntrollers, a n64 with 12 games, a ps1 dex drive,a n64 dex drive,a sega dreamcast with about 10 games,a gameshark for dreamcast and n64, action replay for ps1,ps2,and cube.And my collection of about 10 pc games incl.HL2 collectors edition with guide.

[quote name='lebowsky']I've been gaming for about 22 years now. If I haven't gotten tired of it yet, I guess I never will.[/quote]
Funny, that's just about when I started getting tired of it.

[quote name='CappyCobra'][quote name='stealthking']When will you get out of gaming?

Maybe you can use that spare time from playing games to brush up on your grammar ;)[/quote]

I = subject // am thinking = verb // about = preposition modifying...// selling = adverb // all = adjective indicating number modifying...// my = adjective indicating possession modifying...// games = direct object.
Anal Grammar Note: The subject and predicate are in the correct order, and the syntax of each one is correct. The punctuation is also correct. There are no grammatical problems in this sentence. A

I = subject // have = verb // several = adjective indicating number modifying direct object // new = adjective modifying...// items = direct object // such as = conjunctive clause modifying direct object // a = indefnite artice modifying...// ps2 = indirect object // and = conjuctive word // several = adjective indicating number modifying...// games = indirect object.
Anal Grammar Note: The subject and predicate are in the correct order, and the syntax of each one is correct. The punctuation is wrong on one count (new items, such as....), and unclear, but not wrong, on another (such as: a sealed....). There is also one incorrect capitalization error on the proper name of "PS2". There are minor grammatical problems in this sentence. C+

I = subject // do = transistive verb // not = adverb negating transistive verb "do" // have= transistive verb indicating possession of...// time = indirect object // to play = verb // them = direct object // anymore = adverb modifying verb "to play".
Anal Grammar Note: The subject and predicate are in the correct order, and the syntax of each one is correct. The punctuation is also correct. There are no grammatical problems in this sentence. A

Cappy Cobra, you forgot to end your sentence with a period.
"Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not noice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye." -- Jesus.

Oh damn! :shock:
That means I'm guilty! :rofl:
Honestly though, I don't have a clue about that last sentence. I'm not really sure how much of that is accurate! I'm such a dorkus.

I thought about selling all my games in the past, and it was mainly when I played so damn much I made myself sick. Once you quit playing for a few days and do something else, you'll be glad you kept your stuff.

I've pondered in it in the past(and in the past few days too). But like the mafia, when it looks like you're out, they pull you back in. :cool:

Plus if you traded the stuff in for cash at game stores, they'd basically rape you of a ton of money with those games.

i took a "break" for about a year to focus on college and Magic the gathering but i was drawn when i discovered the brillance that is XBL... that and the girlfriend really loves v-games so i don't think i'll ever get out.

Hopefully never, but If I do, I'm sitting on one hell of a fortune here.

though I am beginning to realize I don't have the same drive to buy games. I've gotten close to 100 in 2 months, now I've gotten like 4 in thepast month, and most were insanely cheap. I'm moving away from game buying,a nd now to music and DVD buying.

I think I spend more time on CAG and driving around hunting deals than actual gaming. If I were to stop doing that altogether, I'd seriously have nothing else constructive to do... I'd be forced to study :shock:

[quote name='Aaron'][quote name='CappyCobra'][quote name='stealthking']When will you get out of gaming?

I = subject // am thinking = verb // about = preposition modifying...// selling = adverb // all = adjective indicating number modifying...// my = adjective indicating possession modifying...// games = direct object.

I = subject // have = verb // several = adjective indicating number modifying direct object // new = adjective modifying...// items = direct object // such as = conjunctive clause modifying direct object // a = indefnite artice modifying...// ps2 = indirect object // and = conjuctive word // several = adjective indicating number modifying...// games = indirect object.
Anal Grammar Note: The subject and predicate are in the correct order, and the syntax of each one is correct. The punctuation is wrong on one count (new items, such as....), and unclear, but not wrong, on another (such as: a sealed....). There is also one incorrect capitalization error on the proper name of "PS2". There are minor grammatical problems in this sentence. C+

I = subject // do = transistive verb // not = adverb negating transistive verb "do" // have= transistive verb indicating possession of...// time = indirect object // to play = verb // them = direct object // anymore = adverb modifying verb "to play".

"Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not noice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye." -- Jesus.

Honestly though, I don't have a clue about that last sentence. I'm not really sure how much of that is accurate! I'm such a dorkus.[/quote]

I consider myself a grammarian, but the post above makes me want to throw my English degree into a trashcan.

However, I just realized my ex-wife took it when she moved out. I digress...

[quote name='Mr.Answer']Getting out of gaming? Sheesh this isn't the Mafia people.[/quote]
YOU LIEEE!!
:eek:

And emulator purposes? You know, ROMs are illegal even if you own the game :wink:

I'm a married gamer with a baby on the way and tons of work to do 24/7. I don't get to play my Xbox as much as I'd like, but there's no way I'd give it up.

At various stages in my life, I've thought, "Maybe I should stop spending so much time playing videogames and spend time on more important things, like..."

And then I blank out and play more videogames.

[quote name='Aaron'][quote name='CappyCobra'][quote name='stealthking']When will you get out of gaming?

Honestly though, I don't have a clue about that last sentence. I'm not really sure how much of that is accurate! I'm such a dorkus.[/quote]
Can I point out that the first example given IS incorrect? I'm not sure what web site told you there are no mistakes, but look at the sentence again: "I'm thinking about selling all my games." One could substitute the word "each" or "any" or "some" for the word "all" and the mistake becomes clear. One wouldn't say "I'm thinking about selling some my games." So the correct original sentence structure would be, "I'm thinking about selling all of my games." That's such a common mistake that it's almost become accepted now.

I've been gaming for over 3 decades and if the cigarrettes and jack daniels does'nt kill me
I'll be gaming for at least 3 more

[quote name='shadow9689'][quote name='Mr.Answer']Getting out of gaming? Sheesh this isn't the Mafia people.[/quote]
YOU LIEEE!!
:eek:

And emulator purposes? You know, ROMs are illegal even if you own the game :wink:[/quote]

I keep trying to get out of gaming, and they KEEP PULLING ME BACK IN!!!

[quote name='Mr.Answer']why get out of gaming when you can now do this?

Combo_tray_open.jpg
[/quote]

Dude!!! That's cool! Do both ends work?

I doubt I could evvvvver get out of gaming... I haven't played most of what I own... even if I got disenchanted by new systems I've got such a slew of old games I could retro away for the rest of my life...

bread's done
Back