Getting over imperfections on my new (used) car...

Thunderscope

CAGiversary!
A couple of months ago I bought a 2006 Monte Carlo LT, it was around $12,000 which for that model was about $5000 under KBB value. Im satisfied with it performance wise and it and im satisfied with the CAG price. The thing is I can't help but notice imperfections on the body. When I bought it, the car had some obvious dings and dents on it, so I paid about $190 to have them removed via Paintless dent removal. All was well with the exception of a small dent on the gas door which cant be fixed without replacing the entire gas door, so i dealt with it.

Fast forward to last weekend when I noticed a tiny little ding on the bumper and then this morning I noticed a very light dent on the side of the car. When I mean light I mean LIGHT. You have to be at the right angle and in the right light to see it. Being a cheapass I dont want to pay anymore money to get the dent and ding fixed. The thing is im obsessed with looking for them and trying to keep my car perfect. I know this is a hopeless cause since its a hunk of metal asking for it's destruction. Sometimes I find myself wishing for my old POS car back that way I dont obsess and worry over this. Anyone have some advice besides psychiatric? Has this phobia occurred to someone else?

I have this with my Commander and my wife's new Altima. What I do is let it get really dirty then clean it really well. The difference between dirty and really clean is astounding and should overshadow the vehicles faults. Both of them look brand new even though I know they have some imperfections.

I hope that makes sense.

bread's done
Back