getting screwed by EA games again (XBL related)

khc

CAGiversary!
i went and bought NFSU2 for xbox for 32 dollars from target the other day, hoping i can play it on live with some of my real life buddies that live overseas in asia whom i played burnout 3 on live before

here is the tricky part, with burnout3 i knew about the PAL and NTSC segregation thing where americans and the rest of the world won't be able to play with the europeans on live, how on earth am i suppose to know this time around that these clowns went and released 2 different versions of NTSC NFSU2?! these shaqfuing clowns gave the asian market a NTSC version of the european NFSU2 leaving only the north america using the NTSC-US NFSU2

i will never buy another EA xbox live game

So you weren't sure whether a feature you really wanted was included in the product, but you went ahead and bought it anyway. that's fine - but don't throw a tantrum when it turns out it's not included.

[quote name='eldad9']So you weren't sure whether a feature you really wanted was included in the product, but you went ahead and bought it anyway. that's fine - but don't throw a tantrum when it turns out it's not included.[/quote]
Couldn't have said it better myself.

[quote name='murcielago77']and we care why?[/quote]

Exactly. Do you have something against playing North Americans?

[quote name='joevan07'][quote name='murcielago77']and we care why?[/quote]

Exactly. Do you have something against playing North Americans?[/quote]

I hope you're being a sarcastic...if not, you're a dumbass.

I can understand the ire over this one. I've got friends basically all over the world now, and for some of us, online gaming is easiest and cheapest way to stay in contact.

It'd be nice if more games had listed somewhere on the websites details concerning multiregion online modes.

[quote name='eldad9']So you weren't sure whether a feature you really wanted was included in the product, but you went ahead and bought it anyway. that's fine - but don't throw a tantrum when it turns out it's not included.[/quote]

how often do you have problem playing xbox live game with people in other countries other than the time when EA specifically said the PAL version of BO3 won't work with NTSC version

i didn't see any warning screen about NFSU2 so i thought (bad assumption) it would work

if its xbox live enabled for online play, i don't need EA to tell me which part of the internet i can play with

[quote name='khc'][quote name='eldad9']So you weren't sure whether a feature you really wanted was included in the product, but you went ahead and bought it anyway. that's fine - but don't throw a tantrum when it turns out it's not included.[/quote]

how often do you have problem playing xbox live game with people in other countries other than the time when EA specifically said the PAL version of BO3 won't work with NTSC version

i didn't see any warning screen about NFSU2 so i thought (bad assumption) it would work

if its xbox live enabled for online play, i don't need EA to tell me which part of the internet i can play with[/quote]

you dont like it, dont play it

I can understand why your pissed, but it's your own fault. You should have looked into it before you bought it. It seems since the NFL take over its "Lets bash EA for every thing they do wrong" jeeez, It's getting old. Theres tons of Online games that only service one region that isn't made by EA, it happens, deal with it.

He's got a valid gripe, but its his fault he didn't know until after. Just wait for Forza to come out, buy that instead.

I play with some Australians very often, and I'd be pretty pissed if a game I really liked didn't let me play with them. But I don't play any games that don't, and probably wouldn't.

KHC has a right to be pissed.....it's extremely annoying and unexpected....how nice it is for so many people to say to him essentially too bad, it's your own fault. Sometimes you can't remember to check EVERYTHING before you make a purchase. I think it's a valid complaint.

Almost all games are like this. Smackdown vs. Raw was like this, and it was really gay, because it detected my friend in Australia, it said he was in the same room as me, but I couldn't see him or play against him.. it only said it when I searched for him.

Anyways.. maybe they'll make a patch or something.

[quote name='jshorr']KHC has a right to be pissed.....it's extremely annoying and unexpected....how nice it is for so many people to say to him essentially too bad, it's your own fault. Sometimes you can't remember to check EVERYTHING before you make a purchase. I think it's a valid complaint.[/quote]

i did try to check, it doesn't say anywhere on the box or inside the menu, nor does it states on their website, even when you are in the game lobby, it didn't tell you, ign review didn't mention it, teamxbox review didn't mention it, how on earth am i supposed to know until when i ask my friend about their car list and they didn't have the civic

even on their own website under online play, they didn't tell you

Hey you know what? Life sucks sometimes. Learn to deal with it. Say "oh, that stinks" and get over it. As you get older you'll learn that nobody likes a whiner.

If it bothers you that much, sell the game and go buy PGR 2.

[quote name='mmn']Hey you know what? Life sucks sometimes. Learn to deal with it. Say "oh, that stinks" and get over it. As you get older you'll learn that nobody likes a whiner.

If it bothers you that much, sell the game and go buy PGR 2.[/quote]

i have PGR 1 2 as well as Rallisport Challenge 1 2, i like getting racing games and play with different people online

this is not so much about whining and more so an complaint about EA's decision on their xbl, i accepted the fact that my sole opinion on this wont change EA's design but rather just stating my feeling on this matter, now eventhough i am not satisified i don't expect to post it here and have you people make me feel any better about this situation

i suppose this thread would be different if it was about HALO and bungie decided to tell us that we can only play with people in your country

unlike other EA thread, i am not bashing them about their business tactics but simply their xbl support and its problem that affected some of us

[quote name='mmn']Hey you know what? Life sucks sometimes. Learn to deal with it. Say "oh, that stinks" and get over it. As you get older you'll learn that nobody likes a whiner.

how much does ea pay you to post crap in every anti-ea thread?

As much as I hate EA in general, I can see the reasoning behind not letting people of different continents play one another. #1 reason being lag. Should they let you play outside the States or viceversa? Sure they should, they should have it as a seperate search option and have a small disclaimer before you start basically stating you're not guaranteed to have smooth performance.

But alas, that is in a perfect world where companies would listen to thier consumers

Yeah, man, how dare he use a gaming forum to voice his dissatisfaction with a game! :roll:

[quote name='bignick']Playing live games with foriegners sucks! They speak their native language, and ou have no clue whats going on.[/quote]

There's this guy with a nametag that has 'yetti' in it.. YettiMan or TheGreatYetti or something like that. Anyways, I was playing Crimson Skies and he's in some foreign country, and he keeps going "Yetti is going to win!" and then he started going "Yetti! Yetti! Yetti! Yetti! Yetti!", two syllables, "Yet-ti!".. his self-chant made me :rofl:.. foreign people rule on XBox live. Also met a french guy who only knew how to say "yes" and "hello".

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='bignick']Playing live games with foriegners sucks! They speak their native language, and ou have no clue whats going on.[/quote]

There's this guy with a nametag that has 'yetti' in it.. YettiMan or TheGreatYetti or something like that. Anyways, I was playing Crimson Skies and he's in some foreign country, and he keeps going "Yetti is going to win!" and then he started going "Yetti! Yetti! Yetti! Yetti! Yetti!", two syllables, "Yet-ti!".. his self-chant made me :rofl:.. foreign people rule on XBox live. Also met a french guy who only knew how to say "yes" and "hello".[/quote]

Man, I could see that one living on in the CAG forums for years to come.

"Yet-ti, Yet-ti, Yet-ti!"

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='bignick']Playing live games with foriegners sucks! They speak their native language, and ou have no clue whats going on.[/quote]

There's this guy with a nametag that has 'yetti' in it.. YettiMan or TheGreatYetti or something like that. Anyways, I was playing Crimson Skies and he's in some foreign country, and he keeps going "Yetti is going to win!" and then he started going "Yetti! Yetti! Yetti! Yetti! Yetti!", two syllables, "Yet-ti!".. his self-chant made me :rofl:.. foreign people rule on XBox live. Also met a french guy who only knew how to say "yes" and "hello".[/quote]

i need to find yeti :lol:

[quote name='punqsux'][quote name='mmn']Hey you know what? Life sucks sometimes. Learn to deal with it. Say "oh, that stinks" and get over it. As you get older you'll learn that nobody likes a whiner.

how much does ea pay you to post crap in every anti-ea thread?[/quote]

How much do the anti-EA fags pay you to trail behind me like a dog? Nobody was talking to YOU. Step down off my ballsack, asshole.

bread's done
Back