Getting the X-tented Warranty post purchase?

Gustav Holst

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Alright. I got my 360, and It came with a 3 month warranty. That has now been extented to a year warranty, I know. But I lost the little sheet op paper for the warranty sign up, and I'm not sure if you can apply for the (extended) warranty now. I've had mine since september of this year.

Yes, you can still sign-up for the warranty. I would do it as a precaution from our 360 breaking down later on down the road. It isn't that expensive and I've used it twice already...plus now my 360 is covered up to the point where I probably won't play ot anymore.

Yeah, I just got a 360 and I was wondering this too. So the extended warranty gets me another 2 years of coverage- is this beyond the new 12-month warranty? I know before it was for the 90 days, all the paperwork says so.

Or is it still only after 90 days- So I'm essentially getting 15 more months of coverage? Has this been clarified by MS?

Thanks

I don't know for sure, but I would think it pretty stupid of them to overlap the two. If they do, I'm going to be calling them for a nice refund of my extended warranty. If someone knows for sure, please let us know.

I did it by calling 1-800-4my-xbox. Please report back to us what they say about how the new standard 1-year warranty impacts consumers who purchase the 2-year extended warranty. I have emailed their support and gotten no response. I hate to call because the people who work for Xbox support are, for the most part, idiots.

I have the sheet that came with my 360, I only got it a few weeks ago but it says "Mail within 10 days". Do they care? They'll know when I got it anyway since I got on Live right away.

I called up a couple days ago (1-800-4MY-XBOX) and purchased the extended warranty. Mine is a launch system with mfr date of 11-7-05.

[quote name='Cursor']I did it by calling 1-800-4my-xbox. Please report back to us what they say about how the new standard 1-year warranty impacts consumers who purchase the 2-year extended warranty. I have emailed their support and gotten no response. I hate to call because the people who work for Xbox support are, for the most part, idiots.[/QUOTE]

I emailed them and they claim that I would get 3 years of coverage if I purchase it rather than 2. Since the first year is free now.

[quote name='Indiana']I emailed them and they claim that I would get 3 years of coverage if I purchase it rather than 2. Since the first year is free now.[/quote]

I can corroborate that--they told me the same thing.

bread's done
Back