[GFW] Games for Windows 75% off Rockstar Games

Xealot42

CAGiversary!
Feedback
265 (100%)
Rockstar's games seem to be going on sale all the time lately! This time it is Games for Windows with a 75% off all Rockstar Games promo:

• Bully = $3.74
  • GTA IV = $4.99
  • GTA: Episodes from Liberty City = $7.49
  • GTA: The Lost and Damned = $2.49
  • GTA: The Ballad of Gay Tony = $3.74
  • GTA: San Andreas = #3.74
  • GTA: Vice City = $9.99 (doesn't seem to be discounted)
  • GTA III = $2.49
  • Max Payne = $2.49
  • Max Payne 2 = $2.49

Last edited by a moderator:
until when is this sale good? hope it's not the weekly sale. already got gta iv+all dlc on 360 and don't even play that, no one plays it anymore online. Great deal though for gta iv+all the dlc damn it's even cheaper than a goty version lol

Hmm I'm not sure. The deal of the week is still listed as Blacklight: Tango Down but I feel like that was the deal for last week as well.

For the GTA4 episodes, the separate ones are DLC for GTA4, the pack is standalone. I presume that's why it's cheaper.

Good deals, but just very late to the party. I want Gfw to be good but it just isn't. They need to do a relaunch just like EA/Origin.

Bought EFLC last week from D2D, had a good time. Unfortunately, thanks to that wonderful SecuROM crashing every time I launched the game, I had to go find a magical EXE that circumvented all of that, despite the fact that I paid for it.

Aside from that, great games that'll last you 10-12 hours combined for the story portion, more for multiplayer and completionists.

I'm really torn on this deal.

On the one hand this is a great price for the entire GTAIV series (I haven't played GTAIV since I beat it back in 2008). I've heard it wasn't ported very well when it came out, but I've got a fairly beefy computer now (i5-2500K, 8GB memory, GTX 570) so I'm sure it would run fine. And best of all I could use my Microsoft Points to buy them (since I got rid of my 360 a long time ago and don't plan on getting one again). On the other hand...it's Games For Windows Live, which I hate. Plus I don't know how their redownloading policy works. And it comes with Securom. :bomb:

Does anyone know how long this deal lasts? LOL

i'd say a couple of days, but in your situation you've got everything you need. good pc, microsoft points, time...buy it!!! I don't understand why you people keep hating and complaining about games for windows live. it's basically just a sign in method to give u access to the game in which turns keeps tracks of your achievements and all no big deal. it installs the messenger type client on ya pc which gives u quicker access to the marketplace, your download history and all.

their redownloading policy is great actually. you can download it on as many pc's as you want, thing is you gotta be signed in to your account to do it and only you can play the game so your content is tied to your gamertag. if you travel, wanna play at different places then it's fine and helpful really.

If I buy games from GFW do I have to run it from GFW like how games on Steam have to run first from Steam? I don't want to download and install another client.

I'm on windows 7 and I click start, all programs, games then choose the game I wanna play and that's it so NO you don't gotta. It'll ask u at main menu to sign into gfwl for achievement purposes and all, but no biggie. You can play on xbl over gfwl free too.

[quote name='intoxicated662']I'm on windows 7 and I click start, all programs, games then choose the game I wanna play and that's it so NO you don't gotta. It'll ask u at main menu to sign into gfwl for achievement purposes and all, but no biggie. You can play on xbl over gfwl free too.[/QUOTE]

Ah I see, so can I run GFW games by loading it from Steam? I like having all my games consolidated on Steam and being able to run the Steam client while running games

If you bought JUST Ballad of Gay Tony, then you just bought an expansion, and you will need GTAIV installed first to play it.

If you wanted to play The Lost or Ballad without GTAIV, then you needed to get Episodes from Liberty City which has the two expansions as standalones.

[quote name='jling84']Ah I see, so can I run GFW games by loading it from Steam? I like having all my games consolidated on Steam and being able to run the Steam client while running games[/QUOTE]

If i'm not mistaken you can add anything to Steam. I mean it will just associate the exe to steam so you can start through and technically the game itself won't be associated through steam. I do know I added my lotro exe to steam. It was completely pointless, but it was possible.

[quote name='loomis1975']If you bought JUST Ballad of Gay Tony, then you just bought an expansion, and you will need GTAIV installed first to play it.

If you wanted to play The Lost or Ballad without GTAIV, then you needed to get Episodes from Liberty City which has the two expansions as standalones.[/QUOTE]

Son of a bench!

LOL, Guess I have to buy GTA Iv now. I bet this game wont even run either.... Well that's more incentive to get a new PC in a year.

I've just been piling up MS points from Bing Rewards with nothing in particular to spend them on - so Bully, GTA4 and both DLC episodes is a pretty good deal for free. :)

How do you buy GFW digital downloads on the PC with MS Points? I currently have some and am signed in under my Xbox Live name. I'm just not sure how I tell it to use my points for the PC purchase.

[quote name='JPWasko']How do you buy GFW digital downloads on the PC with MS Points? I currently have some and am signed in under my Xbox Live name. I'm just not sure how I tell it to use my points for the PC purchase.[/QUOTE]

If you're signed in, it should give you the option at checkout. Prior to checkout it only lists prices in dollars, but if you select MS points it'll translate values individually for each item in your cart.

bread's done
Back