GFW Live Weekend Deal: Kane & Lynch 50% off

NutManIV

CAGiversary!
EDIT: $5 with free shipping right now on Newegg. If you really hate boxed copies then that extra $5 may be worth it, but if you're on CAG you'll probably want to save the $5.

Majornelson says the weekend deal for GFW Live will be Kane & Lynch for $10.

Deal will go live Friday(tomorrow) at 9 AM EST.

You're probably better off getting it on Newegg, but I really enjoyed the PC version of the game. The sluggish controls and bad camera that I couldn't get around in the 360 version weren't an issue when using a mouse and keyboard.

Its well worth the $$, imho.

[quote name='xplocvo']Bummer, I was hoping for a hot deal on Red Faction: Guerrilla. Maybe next week.[/QUOTE]

You might want to check Target. Some have RF:G on the PC for $9.98. Different Targets have been dropping the price on RF:G for a few months now so it is YMMV. Still, if you want the game on PC it is worth a look.

[quote name='jalu6']You're probably better off getting it on Newegg, but I really enjoyed the PC version of the game. The sluggish controls and bad camera that I couldn't get around in the 360 version weren't an issue when using a mouse and keyboard.

Its well worth the $$, imho.[/QUOTE]

You were one of the lucky ones. There's probably a 50/50 chance this game won't work on your PC. I've got a pretty decent rig and this game was unplayable for me. There are no patches and the official forums are littered with people who had the same problem I did. Luckily I borrowed it from my brother (who was able to play it ironically enough) so it didn't bother me as much. Buyer beware.

[quote name='Mike UFC']You were one of the lucky ones. There's probably a 50/50 chance this game won't work on your PC. I've got a pretty decent rig and this game was unplayable for me. There are no patches and the official forums are littered with people who had the same problem I did. Luckily I borrowed it from my brother (who was able to play it ironically enough) so it didn't bother me as much. Buyer beware.[/QUOTE]

There's a pc demo available. Anyone with worries could download that to see how it runs.

[quote name='rant']You might want to check Target. Some have RF:G on the PC for $9.98. Different Targets have been dropping the price on RF:G for a few months now so it is YMMV. Still, if you want the game on PC it is worth a look.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I check the Targets around here pretty much every week and haven't seen it.

[quote name='Guy Legend']There's a pc demo available. Anyone with worries could download that to see how it runs.[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily true. Quantum of Solace demo works fine on my PC. However the full game requires me to uninstall Windows Internet Explorer (!) for me to play it. Nope, no patch for that one either.

The real question is, for those that have played it, is it FUN?

$4.99 is an excellent price, though. Thanks to all those who posted the NewEgg link.

[quote name='EliotAndrews']The real question is, for those that have played it, is it FUN?

$4.99 is an excellent price, though. Thanks to all those who posted the NewEgg link.[/QUOTE]

It's terrible. This could be the first time ever that a movie based on a video game might be better than the video game itself, even if Bruce Willis and Jamie Foxx are the title characters. Actually, looking back on it, not a bad casting choice.

[quote name='EliotAndrews']The real question is, for those that have played it, is it FUN?

$4.99 is an excellent price, though. Thanks to all those who posted the NewEgg link.[/QUOTE]
I thought it was good. The gameplay isn't stand out (you gotta like be right in front of someone to actually hit them and your reticule is like a tiny spec), but for $5 it's an excellent buy. Good story I think too.

bread's done
Back