GFW New Year's Daily Deal Countdown. Day 6: LEGO Batman - 50% off

DarkPGR

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
day6.gif

The actually good deals of the year have started, with another round of daily deals on the Games for Windows Marketplace!

And the last deal is LEGO Batman for $9.99 - or 800 Microsoft Points - a savings of 50%

In LEGO® Batman™ : The Videogame, play as Batman and Robin as you build, drive, swing and fight your way through Gotham City. Then, jump into the story from the other side and play as the Joker, the Penguin, and the Riddler!

Promotion available from
9:00 AM (PST), 12/31/2010 – 8:30 AM (PST), 1/3/2011

And that's it! One last lame deal to finish the year, and start the new one.

You can go grab the deal here: http://www.gamesforwindows.com/en-US/dailydeal/day6/
If your country isn't supported by the website, go to http://www.gamesforwindows.com/en-US/download and install the client. The client supports every single Country where LIVE is available.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually bought this from THQ directly and the best option is to get it activated on Steam. It is much better. The game however is another story. The problems with it glitching and control issues makes this game really annoying on the PC. I actually put in a lot hours but I think it was because of the control issues. I beat the game and it seemed like the fun version of GTA before it changed courses over the years.

[quote name='dancingcrab']Skip GfWL.... http://store.steampowered.com/app/9480/[/QUOTE]

Why would you buy it on steam for twice the price? It's far cheaper on the Games for Windows Marketplace.

[quote name='xspeedracerx']More deals, yay! :D It's too bad they aren't a dollar this time :p[/QUOTE]

They can't always be $0.99 deals lol, but I feel the deals will get better each day.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DypaehC']Saints Row 2 hmm, does the key work for Steam activation? (It is on the list.)[/QUOTE]

I remember reading that if its on GFWL site its not allowed to have 3rd party competing services included. For example fear 2 can be activated on steam when purchaced from anyone else but not GFWL.

Here's hoping they finally give a deal for Gears of War! Or at least have more decent 99 cent deals. (Isn't this also the third time they've done Saints Row 2?)

[quote name='z3razerviper']I remember reading that if its on GFWL site its not allowed to have 3rd party competing services included. For example fear 2 can be activated on steam when purchaced from anyone else but not GFWL.[/QUOTE]

It's a store policy to only sell clean versions. GamersGate have the same policy.

[quote name='Otimus']Here's hoping they finally give a deal for Gears of War! Or at least have more decent 99 cent deals. (Isn't this also the third time they've done Saints Row 2?)[/QUOTE]

Yes, would love to see a great GoW deal. Or the original Fable. Or Viva Pinata again, since I missed out the first time.

[quote name='Otimus']Here's hoping they finally give a deal for Gears of War! Or at least have more decent 99 cent deals. (Isn't this also the third time they've done Saints Row 2?)[/QUOTE]
I've been waiting for Gears of War to go on sale since it was finally put up on their site.

I hear you need this unofficial to make the PC version playable: http://idolninja.com/.

I was so disgusted with the performance when I bought the game last year that I uninstalled it a few days later. I only found out about that patch recently.

I never have any problems with GFWL like a lot of other people do, but that doesn't mean I'll be buying any of their sales UNLESS they have some insanely low price like $1 STALKER or 10 cent Age of Empire.

Today's deal is Jewel Quest the Sleepless Star for $9.99......wow, maybe they got their ideas from Amazon's random bizarre video game deals of the day.

Apologies to any Jewel Quest fanatics out there :)

[quote name='loomis1975']The deal changed because it was due to change, it just takes them a while to do it.[/QUOTE]

yeah, I mean, the daily deals were meant to start today, not yesterday lol.

No they were meant to start yesterday.

And they did, Microsoft was just late as usual. Look at the sale times listed on each page day 1 and day 2.

New day, new deal!

This time around is PROTOTYPE for $14.99 (or 1200 Microsoft Points). Pretty good deal if you ask me, although a game I already have.

Here's hoping for a LIVE-enabled game tomorrow, since Prototype isn't.

[quote name='DarkPGR']Here's hoping for a LIVE-enabled game tomorrow, since Prototype isn't.[/QUOTE]
Like, say... Gears of War?

Haha, like that would ever happen. $20 4 EVAH!!!!!

[quote name='DarkPGR']I don't think so. Games for Windows Marketplace games are clean versions, they aren't infested with steam [/QUOTE]
Correct, they're infested with Games for Windows.

I'd love to see GOW discounted, would double-dip on it in a heart beat.

Now that I had the chance to play PROTOTYPE (spent an hour+ playing) I can say this game is a must-buy. The only drawback is the lack of LIVE Achievements, but the game is awesome.

I think I'll wait until this is about $9.99 and I think I'd prefer to play it on 360. Smash-em-ups work better for me on console with a big TV. RPG's, RTS, and FPS on PC. It's in my Goozex queue but those seem to take forever.

new day, new deal!

Today is yet another lame one: Cubis Gold 2 for 400 MSP, or 75% off.

On the bright side, $5 is about as much as that game is worth, specially compared to everything else on the marketplace.

When are they going to put up Fable, Gears of War, and BlazBlue on sale? I think those are the only GFW only games available there that I want. Already jumped on Age of Empires 3 and Viva Pinata.

I wonder if they even care about their customers any more.

The GFW team is now acting just like the steam people: point them their mistakes and you're ignored / banned. Almost as bad as the steam forums themselves.

New day, New Deal!

And once again a lame one... 50% off Tomb Raider Underworld, which isn't LIVE-enabled either.

Come on Games for Windows team, there's still one day left, you can redeem yourselves with an awesome deal tomorrow.

Deal of the week is Lost Planet 2 for $19.99

http://www.gamesforwindows.com/en-US/Games/lost-planet-2/

Hey at least its a LIVE game I guess, but not cheap enough for me to double dip. Also while last week's Dead Rising 2's price was equaled by a few others lately, it was a good price compared to console version.

This week, not so much, L.P. 2 has been on sale for $10 for consoles a LOT recently.

Hoping for cheap Gears of War tomorrow.

[quote name='loomis1975']Deal of the week is Lost Planet 2 for $19.99

http://www.gamesforwindows.com/en-US/Games/lost-planet-2/

Hey at least its a LIVE game I guess, but not cheap enough for me to double dip. Also while last week's Dead Rising 2's price was equaled by a few others lately, it was a good price compared to console version.

This week, not so much, L.P. 2 has been on sale for $10 for consoles a LOT recently.

Hoping for cheap Gears of War tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

PC version isn't a direct port of the Xbox 360 version, but rather an improved version (hence why it's called "PC Edition" and isn't a crossplatform play game (LP1 Colonies was).

[quote name='EliotAndrews']Thanks for keeping this topic updated, DarkPGR; I keep forgetting this sale is going on.[/QUOTE]

Sale? I thought a sale was when a company offers items people want at significantly reduced prices. I don't see any of that going on around here.

Seriously, if this is how they compete with Steam, I'm not sure how they make any money at all.

[quote name='BitLooter']Sale? I thought a sale was when a company offers items people want at significantly reduced prices. I don't see any of that going on around here.

Seriously, if this is how they compete with Steam, I'm not sure how they make any money at all.[/QUOTE]
The only thing I can think of is if Microsoft made a bigger effort to port over more of their better-selling 360 exclusives. I know that I would hand over quite a bit of MS Points to grab games like Alan Wake, Halo 3, Gears of War 2, and Shadow Complex for the PC. (I think Shadow Complex was developed by Chair, but wasn't it at least published by Microsoft Game Studios?)

Those titles would definitely give the games line-up a boost.

and the last deal is just as lame as the rest.

This weekend only you can grab LEGO Batman at 50% off...

Can't believe they didn't have a single deal worth grabbing.

That's foolish. Age of Empires III Complete Collection went for 10 cents, and that's a much better game. Why couldn't we have gotten more deals at 10 cents, or even $1? Bah humbug.

[quote name='Blade']That's foolish. Age of Empires III Complete Collection went for 10 cents, and that's a much better game. Why couldn't we have gotten more deals at 10 cents, or even $1? Bah humbug.[/QUOTE]
I was away when they did the 10 cent deal on AoE III, and I've been kicking myself for missing it ever since. I was really hoping they'd revive that this week or at least have some other crazy deals, but the whole thing has been a terrible disappointment.

[quote name='Blade']Why couldn't we have gotten more deals at 10 cents, or even $1? Bah humbug.[/QUOTE]

Why can't people be happy with what they got?

bread's done
Back