GGC (Gamer's Gift Card)

Status
Not open for further replies.

saetia

CAGiversary!
Feedback
80 (100%)
I keep on hearing about this program and that Best buy offers it. Well, I shop at Best Buy a lot, so it would be benefical to be a part of this program. Can someone tell me how I go about receiving one of these cards, please?

I apologize in advance for this possibly being the wrong forum to inquire about this, but I couldn't find anywhere else to get an answer for my questions.

My local Best Buy no longer has the GGC's with the $5 coupon. They've replaced them with a new version which is sold attached to placards (instead of the jewel cases they were in before.) d'oh!

[quote name='RBM']My local Best Buy no longer has the GGC's with the $5 coupon. They've replaced them with a new version which is sold attached to placards (instead of the jewel cases they were in before.) d'oh![/QUOTE]
I guess BB underestimated the cheapness of gamers!

Read the thread Ack linked. But many BBs have started replacing the sweet GGC with the $5 off $20 coupon with platform specific GGCs that give you $5 off a $30 PS2, Xbox, or EA game. Those suck. My BB has both types, but CAGers have reported BBs going to just the crappier versions.

The good ones for this year are in a green CD jewel case. You can see the coupon on the back of the case.

If you do have the good ones at your BB, try to put at least $5 on them. The official thread talks about buying a ton of them with a penny each, but I wouldn't be surprised if that sort of nonsense is why some stores got rid of them.

Is that the case? There were no gift cards of any sort in the console titles aisles the last time I looked, and the only gift cards I could find were those I described earlier, hanging from a hook at a CSR kiosk. I'm fairly certain it was not a reward zone card (how hard is it to read "gift card" blazoned across a package?) but I'll check it out again the next time I'm there. The nearest Best Buy to me is in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, in case anyone else would care to offer additional insight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back