GGC : Promotion Ending or just sold out?

EdS25

CAGiversary!
So I finally wanted to get in on this deal to buy R&C3. I figured $5 off would be better than nothing. (Side note : Fry's seems to be disappointing me a lot lately. I was counting on them to get me through this season!)

I went to my local Best Buy (Army Trail Road, Bloomingdale IL) and they didn't have any of the cards. I asked a few employees, and as expected they had zero clue what I was talking about.

Are they sold out? Did someone reading this snatch them all up? Were they expiring soon anyway? Should I go check some other BB's? Thanks in advance.

Mine is still offering the 2004 GGC, and they had some of the 2005 in stock, too. Cross your fingers and hope that your store was sold out.

Thanks for the info guys - I'll check another Best Buy then. Sorry about posting in the wrong forum!

I have pics of the front and back of the 2005 GGC.

Way you can tell the difference is that the 2005 GGC is silver and lime green in color. Coupon is about 1/4 the height of the of the CD case and most of the way across the width of the CD case.

Expires Dec 31 2005.

Recently at many of the BB's I've been to they've stopped putting the GGC's in the Games section. Now I mostly see them in the current release CD section, on the bottom row underneath the CD's. Hope that helps some people.

6669 did you even read the posts above yours? It's ending in some stores, but people have already stated they have seen some that are good through the end of 2005.

I've seen new cards that don't expire until Dec 2005 at my best buy. Of couse I still have 2 that I need to use by the end of the year. Ack!

I just picked up 2 new ones yesterday that don't expire until 12/31/05. There were only expired ones in the games section but by the cashier they had a bunch of new ones.

The GGCs aren't in the games section of my BB anymore - now they're along the aisles whiile waiting for a cashier now. They're all new GGCs, too (expires 12/31/05). Be sure to check around the store for 'em; just because they're not near the games doesn't mean they're gone completely.

bread's done
Back