GGT #23: the next ggt

Status
Not open for further replies.
WTF with the short GGT? Has ModNazi traveled thru time to extract revenge or something? Geesh...

Anyway, I played a bit more of Alone in the Dark: Inferno. Finally got back to another free-roaming stage, so its time to go kill some more stupid vine things.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I agree, wtf with ridiculously short GGT?

Man, finals suck. I want more to for teh gamez.[/QUOTE]

Probably not feeling the whole pedo-doll title/angle.

[quote name='dallow']Picross 3D

GotY

just as Picross DS was before it that year.[/QUOTE]
It's really that good? I was considering buying it since it was so cheap.

I think I may go to Best Buy and pick it up then, seems interesting enough. I also decided to make another order using the 25OFF coupon, I couldn't resist. Looks like my month just got a whole lot more busy.

[quote name='dallow']If you like Picross, you'll love Picross 3D basically.[/QUOTE]
I still kick myself for getting rid of Picross DS. I'll probably pick up Picross 3D when I get the opportunity.

[quote name='benjamouth']Nice GGT title, bullshit free.

I'm getting frustrated with BF:BC2's online but I can't stop playing it.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty bad at it myself - to give you an idea, I play Recon but my best weapon is the knife. I also enjoy taking down tanks with the Engineer's launcher, things which don't add up to very good looking stats.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like the Batman GOTY keeps getting pushed back a week. It was originally supposed to come out today, now it's pushed back until next week. I guess that gives me some time to decide if I really want it.

I liked Picross ok, but only up to the 15x15 puzzles.

Any larger than that were too difficult and a pain on the DS as they were just too big to do without zooming, and the zooming was annoying.

I'm mildly intrigued by Picross 3D, but I haven't touched my DS in months. Just keep it around as it's a hinge cracked launch DS lite so it's not worth anything, and I know as soon as I ditched it they'd put out another Mario game, or a 2D Metroid or something I actually want to play.

[quote name='dmaul1114']I liked Picross ok, but only up to the 15x15 puzzles.

Any larger than that were too difficult and a pain on the DS as they were just too big to do without zooming, and the zooming was annoying.[/QUOTE]
That's why I put it on classic controls, and not DS controls. I was so used to Mario Picross that the DS controls felt completely awful. No zooming = great.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']That's why I put it on classic controls, and not DS controls. I was so used to Mario Picross that the DS controls felt completely awful. No zooming = great.[/QUOTE]

I did the same. The DS controls sucked.

Just found it too small to play without zooming on puzzles bigger than 15x15.

[quote name='dallow']15x15 is still baby mode though. I love the huge complex puzzles.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough. I have an intellectual job so I don't like thinking during my leisure time as my brain is always fried at the end of the day! So puzzle games have never been a big interest of mine. I played them more in the past when just in school and working mindless part time jobs etc., but just don't much have the energy/interest/attention span for them anymore.

Prefer shooters, WRPGs etc. where I can just veg out and explore or blow shit up etc. to relax.

[quote name='Kissfuldreamer']Looks like the Batman GOTY keeps getting pushed back a week. It was originally supposed to come out today, now it's pushed back until next week. I guess that gives me some time to decide if I really want it.[/QUOTE]

I am wondering if the 3D is worth me trading my copy of the regular game for it.

Offhand I'm thinking no. :p

If you get it, tell us how it is...especially the 3D part as that's pretty much the only reason I should even consider double dipping it.

[quote name='whoknows']I tried to post in the last GGT and it was locked. I find that very inconvenient.[/QUOTE]
Great, now we need to lock this one, too.
:nottalking:
:grouphug:

This one is much better.

[quote name='Kissfuldreamer']Looks like the Batman GOTY keeps getting pushed back a week. It was originally supposed to come out today, now it's pushed back until next week. I guess that gives me some time to decide if I really want it.[/QUOTE]

Besides the 3D , is there anything new for the PS3 version of the game? I had heard the 360 version is getting the Joker content now.

[quote name='dallow']The 3D is going to be the red/blue 3D right?
That has to look pretty damn awful.[/QUOTE]

That's why you wear the included 3D glasses. ;)

Nintendo world in nyc is kind of a disappointment. I Expected more fao swarz type ridiculous but it ended up being little more than a store for nintendo products.

[quote name='dallow']:)
That's what I meant.

There is a PSN/XBLA title that does this. I'll try the demo with some spare glasses I have.[/QUOTE]

Just think of the headache you'd get when in detective mode. :(

I think it's got all of the challenge maps with it, the DLC ones... maybe even a few of the pay DLC?

[quote name='BlueScrote']Nintendo world in nyc is kind of a disappointment. I Expected more fao swarz type ridiculous but it ended up being little more than a store for nintendo products. [/QUOTE]

Yeah.

Only things I liked about were seeing the blown up GB I had read about as a kid, and a superb.... pardon the expression, milf, playing Wii Fit.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Just think of the headache you'd get when in detective mode. :(

I think it's got all of the challenge maps with it, the DLC ones... maybe even a few of the pay DLC?[/QUOTE]
Ugh, I already had to deal with headaches from Detective Mode while playing at night. Can't imagine the pain in 3D.

...There was pay DLC?

So I started playing Assassin's Creed 2 yesterday. I'm about 5 hours in, and I think I might just stop. The open-world doesn't really add anything to the game and the controls and camera fail when you need them to work most. Plus, the combat is boring as hell. The whole thing just kinda feels clunky and unpolished. It's really a night and day difference with the last game I played through, Mass Effect 2. That game felt like it was polished and worked on until every little bit of it gleamed with quality. The core gameplay of AC2 just feels underdeveloped.

I really don't want to give up on the game so early, but I very rarely start liking a game if I don't like it 5 hours in. I'm also having a hard time finding the drive to play it for more than 45-60 minutes at a time.

I recently played through AC2 as well and loved it.

It took me a bit to get into it, but probably not 5 hours. So I'd say yeah, if you're not digging it, move on to something else.

I'm still trying to get fully into Fallout 3. Just put a couple hours in, did a side quest and then headed to point lookout. Have the difficulty all the way down on very easy now after reading that it doesn't impact achievements. I played Oblivion with the difficulty way down as well--I have no issues doing that with RPGs since I'm playing for the story and questing and not the crappy combat anyway.

I will say it's taking me longer to get really sucked into Fallout 3 than it did Oblivion. I am enjoying it though--just not getting addicted as fast as I did with Oblivion.

It took me a bit to get into it, but probably not 5 hours. So I'd say yeah, if you're not digging it, move on to something else.

I'm still trying to get fully into Fallout 3. Just put a couple hours in, did a side quest and then headed to point lookout. Have the difficulty all the way down on very easy now after reading that it doesn't impact achievements. I played Oblivion with the difficulty way down as well--I have no issues doing that with RPGs since I'm playing for the story and questing and not the crappy combat anyway.

I will say it's taking me longer to get really sucked into Fallout 3 than it did Oblivion. I am enjoying it though--just not getting addicted as fast as I did with Oblivion. Though part of it is probably the same as evan's issue--Mass Effect 2 was so much more polished. And I prefer Bioware's style of RPGs to Bethesda's. There so much more story/character driven that I really get sucked in, compared to the 100% open style of Bethesda's game.

But I'm sucked in enough to want to keep playing for the time being! Going to grab some dinner and get back to playing some more.

I will say it's taking me longer to get really sucked into Fallout 3 than it did Oblivion. I am enjoying it though--just not getting addicted as fast as I did with Oblivion. Though part of it is probably the same as evan's issue--Mass Effect 2 was so much more polished. And I prefer Bioware's style of RPGs to Bethesda's. There so much more story/character driven that I really get sucked in, compared to the 100% open style of Bethesda's game.

But I'm sucked in enough to want to keep playing for the time being! Going to grab some dinner and get back to playing some more.

Good call on lowering the difficulty, especially for Point Lookout - those enemies take and give ridiculous damage on normal.

I forgot to bring games to school this week... that was dumb. But I finished watching Breaking Bad season 2. It's an awesome show -- you guys should watch it when you're not generally gaming.

I only got through part of season 2 before I got behind and missed a bunch of episodes. I want to catch up, though, Walter White is a true badass.

Finally beat FFXIII. At first I didn't want to complete it because that would mean the story was over, but I actually feel relieved now. One less game to complete, although I am planning on getting as close to the platinum as I can.

I got an awesome spam email. The subject was "WoW Account Exception Notification" (I don't play WoW) the sender was set as: NCSoft Support (NCSoft did not make WoW) and the reply email was Xbox_Potatoes @ hotmail.com (WoW is not on Xbox). And there were no words... so much fail in one email.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back