GGT 256 Don't Care about Indiggle anymore

Indignate gets sad easily!

I want to see the new smurfs because of Neil Patrick Harris, he was pretty funny in the first one

I'll give it a shot, that video looks decent.

rofl, sounds like an intense experience!
The demo for Euro Truck Simulator is worth enough chuckles for the bandwidth.

I got Halo up and running! Halo: Spartan Assault that is! Yeeeeeeeaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh
I'm kind of annoyed that its Windows 8 only. Unlike most, I don't have a problem with the OS, it's just too much work to reformat.

I've been playing a lot of it this past week, but now it's time to slog through some more TLoU.

At least it's picking up a little more as I think I'm a little more than half way through now.
The second half does pick up...particularly if you're more into stealth/combat sections rather than the slower explore and scavenge supply sections (still some of that, but a lot more of getting through areas with a lot more enemies around than areas in first half).

Winter and Spring were definitely my favorite parts of the game. But I loved the first half too, so I'm not sure you'll be all that much more impressed with it since you've found it a slog so far.

Game just blew me away, and definitely makes me more sure of my decision to go PS4 instead of X1 next gen as none of MS's exclusives touch Last of Us IMO. Especially since I'm pretty burnt out on Halo and Gears which are really the only of their exclusives I still care about at all.

Now I'm suddenly interested. Is it a good Diablo clone?
I also want to get it, but I'm going to wait for it to come out on 360 so I can coop with my buddies.

Also, I got my first achievement in Ys 1! Looking through them they are all like secret/easter egg stuff so if you didn't do it before you wouldn't really know what to do :O

Every time I attempt to find a Diablo 2 clone I just end up playing Diablo 2.

Torchlight II is good but nothing new or really spectacular. The skill trees blow.

Which episode are you on? I loved the anime and thought they did a good job at trying to fit everything in.
Just started Real Me Doesn't Exist. Right after Rise's intro. I'm with you; they did a legit great job. Has me even more excited for the P3 movie. It's been a while since I've been able to sit down and really get into an anime.

Last edited by a moderator:
So Man of Steel as a movie was pretty dope.

Better than Superman Returns that's for sure.  Though for a Superman story, it still seems off that Superman is the weakest character when the movie is about him.  Michael Shannon as Zod, Kevin Costner as Papa Kent and Russell Crowe as big daddy Jor-El were all awesome in the movie.  Zack Synder needs to stick to what he does best, action sequences.  

The fight scenes were exactly what I had expected, awesome.  Now next time give me 90 minutes of it instead of a grown man always on the verge of tears.

Finished The Last of Us as well. Took me 21:25, and found 94/141 collectibles (not bad for not using a guide at all, or really checking every nook and cranny).

Loved it start to finish. Great story, setting, characters, graphics etc. Loved the gameplay, maybe the only stealth focused game I've every truly enjoyed the gameplay in. Just the right difficulty for me on normal.

Some places I died several times and had to reassess tactics and try different things, but never got pissed or rage quit etc. Also liked that it encourages saving ammo, supplies etc., but not really that important at end of day. Plenty of stuff on normal to use things when you need it--I finished with tons of ammo for everything, tons of supplies and barely used the more powerful weapons as I was saving them for tough spots. So I ended up playing conservatively/stealthily, without really needing to or really having to stress over ammo, health packs etc.

Will definitely hold on to it for a bit. Want to check out the multiplayer, and will definitely want to run through it again at some point on new game plus. Doubt I'd bother with a higher difficult. Would just like to experience it again down the road, and NG+ run through on normal would be pretty easy since you start with all your pill upgrades, and your weapons keep the upgrades once you get to the point you pick them up.

Anyway, loved it. Very high on my favorite games of this generation list for sure.
This might be the first game in quite awhile I replay and hold on to for awhile. I am thinking I might try a harder difficulty though mainly for the reasons you stated about having more than enough ammo, health, etc on Normal. I'm not that into stealth but I was never frustrated by this game. I'm thinking a higher difficulty might make it more tense.

This might be the first game in quite awhile I replay and hold on to for awhile. I am thinking I might try a harder difficulty though mainly for the reasons you stated about having more than enough ammo, health, etc on Normal. I'm not that into stealth but I was never frustrated by this game. I'm thinking a higher difficulty might make it more tense.
Same here. I never hold on to stuff. But I definitely want to experience it again.

For me, the tension would be moot since I was so anal about trying not to waste ammo/health (restarting encounters if I got detected and used too much etc.) from thinking I'd need it for big fights later (like in RE games etc.), so I really don't know that I'd play it any differently the 2nd time around on a higher difficulty. I'd probably just get uber frustrated by enemies being bullet sponges in the forced shooting parts of the game--which I found to be the weakest part of the game.

I may end up playing NG+ for TLoU sometime way down the road, but I don't generally replay games all that much unless it is to chase trophies (something I also rarely do).  I think the first half of the game is a real slog.  Anything with infected at least.  I tend to keep most of my games, and as much as I've been pissing all over TLoU, it's such a pretty, well-presented game, I'll keep it in the collection.  Plus I have boner for Naughty Dog. 

Is Rayman Origins PC worth $6.79 flash sale?  I'm thinking of getting that and Civ V Gold.

I actually probably like the parts with infected the most. More tense, more pressure to sneak around (especially if there are bloaters around) etc.

The parts with human hunters/soldiers just feel like the stealthy parts of Uncharted 2/3 to me--so not nearly as fresh.  I mean it was satisfying at times sneaking around and chocking people, or taking them out quietly with the bow--at least in areas where the guys are spread out widely.  

But it can get tedious in areas where there's a lot of guys in one building/area, as if you get detected as the gunplay in the game isn't suited to shoot outs IMO.  So I just ended up restarting the encounter when detected most of the time--unless it was a big area and I can run way back and hide to reset stealth (and hadn't lost too much health or wasted too much ammo--which again ended up moot as I had tons of everything at the end).

Like it's hiliarious because Chie's VO is soooooooo bad?
Nope.

They did a great job putting all the story stuff together; too bad the animation is not as good.
Yeah, it's about what I expect from most anime. Fights generally get the brunt of the budget, and this show's got a lot more hanging out and talking. Other than the typical anime pratfalls, I love the quality/game continuity. The day counter/circle wipe/UI consistency is great.

I can tolerate runners to a certain extent, but I don't like how you can get chain hit in TLoU.  I can tolerate air juggles and similar shit in Fighting Games, but not this kind of game.

The type of enemies doesn't really change up the stealth gameplay much beyond adding more difficulty.  Having to shiv a clicker doesn't make the game fresher, I guess is what I'm trying to say.

I can tolerate runners to a certain extent, but I don't like how you can get chain hit in TLoU. I can tolerate air juggles and similar shit in Fighting Games, but not this kind of game.

The type of enemies doesn't really change up the stealth gameplay much beyond adding more difficulty. Having to shiv a clicker doesn't make the game fresher, I guess is what I'm trying to say.
Fair enough. Though you probably haven't gotten to parts where there's 10-15+ soldiers on a floor of a building or around a small town etc. You get chain shot from every direction in those cases.

It's just a lot harder to be sneak through those areas. Lot more having to resort to weapons, taking a few guys out and run and hide a bit, then repeat to get a few more etc. With the infected sections you can often sneak through hardly killing any of them, maybe shiving one or two that are directly in the way. And if you get bum rushed, it's just like the human sections and is because you fucked up the stealth (I usually just reloaded encounter in either case).

Now if you're talking about sections where you get bum rushed by bunches of runners etc. and are forced to shoot and kill them all, I agree. That's the weakest part of the game, and seems like Naughty Dog just couldn't avoid putting some Uncharted style wave combat stuff in the game. Those parts usually have infinite ammo, or enemies that drop bunches, which also don't fit the theme/mood of the game as it's totally against the conserve ammo/supplies motif. Seems like they thought the game just had to have some action sequences to have broad appeal. Would have been better with out those set pieces IMO. Unlike the Uncharted games that excel because of them.

Downloaded and played a bunch of 3DS demos yesterday. How come nobody told me the Adventure Time game was similar to Zelda 2? I've always loved Zelda 2, and I like Adventure Time, too.

Nearing the end of Infamous 2. Just put the power on in the last area. Those ice fuckers really are a pain in the ass.

Well to be fair, I think ND thought the set pieces would "add to the story".  What is a zombie trope without the rushing horde, after all?

I am at the Lakeside Resort.

The parts with infected are easily the most boring in the game. They are all wildly predictable. The humans are not. You have to lead them around and set things up. You really can't do that with infected. Plus, infected are way easier to kill. I also never had a problem with ammo. If you're a good shot and use the bombs and molotovs, then ammo should never be a problem. 

I'm going to hold onto the game, mostly for collector's sake. I doubt I will ever play it again. It was good, but not that good. If I want to partake in the generic nature of the story to see the beauty the game offers, I will just rewatch all the cutscenes. I will also hope to see some DLC. Maybe some pre-story DLC with Ellie and the fireflies or maybe something with Ish or some of the other characters. 

I'm going to hold onto the game, mostly for collector's sake. I doubt I will ever play it again. It was good, but not that good. If I want to partake in the generic nature of the story to see the beauty the game offers, I will just rewatch all the cutscenes. I will also hope to see some DLC. Maybe some pre-story DLC with Ellie and the fireflies or maybe something with Ish or some of the other characters.
I felt the same. I loved the game but I didn't see myself replaying it. I didn't like the gameplay.

I am at the Lakeside Resort.
That's where it really picks up action wise and with human encounters.

And fair point to the above about the infected parts being easier. That's probably part of why I liked it more. Recall I hate challenge and play mainly for story/atmosphere and experiencing the world than the gameplay. :D So my favorite parts were just exploring looking for supplies and collectibles and sneaking around infected.

Same here. I never hold on to stuff. But I definitely want to experience it again.

For me, the tension would be moot since I was so anal about trying not to waste ammo/health (restarting encounters if I got detected and used too much etc.) from thinking I'd need it for big fights later (like in RE games etc.), so I really don't know that I'd play it any differently the 2nd time around on a higher difficulty. I'd probably just get uber frustrated by enemies being bullet sponges in the forced shooting parts of the game--which I found to be the weakest part of the game.
I don't know if I'll stick with it at a higher difficulty but I think it would be a better second playthrough then new game + since I already felt overpowered most of the time anyway. So in a 2nd playthrough I'd be even more overpowered? I kind of wish I could start a new game at a higher difficulty with the stuff I've already leveled up but I read somewhere you can only do new game+ on the difficulties you beat. I kind of like the idea of no super hearing on survival because I barely used it anyway on normal. I guess new game + would be good to finish up getting collectibles but not sure I care too much about that since I'm not a trophy hunter.

Yeah, I agree with Ghostshark.  It is actually more fun to "fool" the humans by leading them around and capitalizing on their AI whereas the infected have no attention spans and you can only "fool" them in limited and brief ways.  They are still similar, but it's just more fun doing it with the hunters to me.

I am glad I will see more human encounters this next chapter, although I have to say that the game does a good job pushing you back and forth between the different types of enemies for variety.

I ended up getting Civ V Gold and Rayman Origins.  :p

Could anyone here convince me to get Tales of the Abyss for 3DS? I'm just curious as to what people think of the game. I know it's a PS2 port, but I absolutely loved Tales of Symphonia's combat and I heard the combat in this one is extremely similar. I have a $10 off a used game coupon so I could get it for around 15 bucks, just wanna hear from someone here what they think of it. Can't find much on YouTube about it that is decent.

Thank you Jake Heart.  :)

Sometimes the people on GAF are just too hardcore.  Who the hell cares how many enemies you have to shoot in Tomb Raider?  What do you want in a Tomb Raider game?  Puzzles and platforming only?  Lara Croft always had weapons.  I don't get it.  Maybe they want more wild animal killing instead?

Completely off topic to any conversation here, but I just looked at Action's tumblr. That In-work progress of Black Waltz from FF9 looks awesome. 

Abyss is like most of the other Tales games.  If you like the Tales series, you'll like Abyss.   Symphonia has more maneuverability in the battle system.  It's more or less a straight port with nothing really new.  Not much more to be said about it, really, other than it's a JRPG from 2006 for all the bad and good that implies...

Completely off topic to any conversation here, but I just looked at Action's tumblr. That In-work progress of Black Waltz from FF9 looks awesome.
Hey, thanks man. I'ma work on the other two over the weekend. Want to make 'em a little more eldritchy/horror-y before wrapping it up.

Action is a good artist. Do you even pro-art, Action?
Haha, I pro-animate. Freelance illustrate :)

Could anyone here convince me to get Tales of the Abyss for 3DS? I'm just curious as to what people think of the game. I know it's a PS2 port, but I absolutely loved Tales of Symphonia's combat and I heard the combat in this one is extremely similar. I have a $10 off a used game coupon so I could get it for around 15 bucks, just wanna hear from someone here what they think of it. Can't find much on YouTube about it that is decent.
I heard it's a fine port that has better load times than the original version which could get pretty bad.

Other than that, I enjoyed the game more than I did Symphonia so I don't know.

I saw that too but wasn't going to say anything because I'm not some try-hard.

There isn't one. Game I'm working on now is out next summer though.
Are you on those Skullgirls credits too?

bread's done
Back