GGT #32, plain and simple

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Alice.

---

Man, Kane & Lynch 2 demo actually makes me want the full game.
Impressive! Finally, sub-HD graphics serve a purpose.
The MP modes sound pretty cool too.

I hear the 360 demo is longer and more MP modes are available, gonna have to fire that one up.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']MUA2 was the only game where I legit said "That's it?" when it ended.[/QUOTE]
I did, too. I also said What the fuck? a ton.

I actually really really liked MUA2. I am a huge comic dork, but I immediately restarted it, maining different characters and choosing to ally myself differently. Great, great game.

I don't think I'm going to be getting anything in Summer of arcade this year. Nothing is really grabbing me. Maybe when they are on sale.

[quote name='Kissfuldreamer']Oh man, new GGT already? I just saw the Starcraft 2 CGI trailer on TV, and it looks very impressive.[/QUOTE]

Yes.
You need to remind me to vote for you. And everyone else too. I've been forgetting, so I'm sure others have as well.

[quote name='dallow']
Man, Kane & Lynch 2 demo actually makes me want the full game.
Impressive! Finally, sub-HD graphics serve a purpose.
[/QUOTE]

What purpose?

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']I thought SC2 ad was for Avatar[/QUOTE]

If this was true, I'd have actually said "I'll go see Avatar".

[quote name='BlueScrote']I don't think I'm going to be getting anything in Summer of arcade this year. Nothing is really grabbing me. Maybe when they are on sale.[/QUOTE]

Me too. Now Shank and DeathSpank on the other hand...

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']I actually really really liked MUA2. I am a huge comic dork, but I immediately restarted it, maining different characters and choosing to ally myself differently. Great, great game.[/QUOTE]
I loved the characters in it, the mountain of glitches made it unfun for me, though. I wish they'd had a better story, too. :(

----------
So, the last Dimension in the new Spidey game was announce and it's....

Ultimate Spidey with Symbiote suit? I was hoping for a more different Spidey personally... like the Spider from Exiles (Carnage Spider-man) or the Spider-man that was a Horseman of Apocalypse.

I'm not that surprised though, because they let the cover of the game slip in an e-mail from the site a few days ago and Ultimate Spider-man has huge-ass eyes.

Going through Uncharted 2 again, so much fun. I also picked up Red Faction Guerrilla for about 8.50 after tax, figured that was a good deal.

Still more amused by just wandering and shooting skunks and coyotes than doing quests in Red Dead Redemption. Hopefully saves transfer between PS3s, since I'm taking one to work and not the machine I've been playing it the most on.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']I actually really really liked MUA2. I am a huge comic dork, but I immediately restarted it, maining different characters and choosing to ally myself differently. Great, great game.[/QUOTE]

I didn't like it in comparison to the first one, Wombat was right when he said the sequel felt "soulless".

[quote name='corrosivefrost']
Me too. Now Shank and DeathSpank on the other hand...[/QUOTE]

I liked the DeathSpank demo, but I think I'll wait for a sale on it in order to save my current MS points for Hydro Thunder. Shank though, :drool:. Can't wait.

[quote name='ihadFG']I liked the DeathSpank demo, but I think I'll wait for a sale on it in order to save my current MS points for Hydro Thunder. Shank though, :drool:. Can't wait.[/QUOTE]

Deathspank is friggin' awesome. I'm loving it. It's almost like they mixed Kingdom of loathing with diablo and some other stuff. Graphics are off for me at times, like not liking the actual Deathspank model, probably cause of his huge shoulders and little legs, but still... I can't stop playing! :D

[quote name='CaptainJoel']GODAMMIT! I really liked the way he looked![/QUOTE]

As I just posted on GAF, I'm a fan of Sucker Punch actually listening here...

The thing I expect most from a direct sequel? To keep playing as the main character of the storyline. And the new Cole was some alternate reality shit, where they made him all boy band and gave him tattoos so he'd still be "tough".

I know they couldn't keep the VA... but radically changing EVERYTHING about Cole? Just unacceptable in my opinon, I would have avoided the game on that alone.

It'd be like SSM changed Kratos for GoW3... by making him get some laser tattoo removal, hitting a tanning bed, shaving his goatee, and handing him a toupee. Then hiring a new VA that was a 12 year old boy. No sale. I played the last game as generic angry bald greek with tribal tattoo, angry deep voice, and pasty white skin. Do not change him for the next game.

Speaking of, Dom's changes in GoW3, I can understand from a "story" point of view, but I still had trouble recognizing him at first. Hopefully that pans out, but with the addition of mech warrior to the end of the trilogy, I don't know that I'll be interested enough to care come *whenever*.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']As I just posted on GAF, I'm a fan of Sucker Punch actually listening here...

The thing I expect most from a direct sequel? To keep playing as the main character of the storyline. And the new Cole was some alternate reality shit, where they made him all boy band and gave him tattoos so he'd still be "tough".

I know they couldn't keep the VA... but radically changing EVERYTHING about Cole? Just unacceptable in my opinon, I would have avoided the game on that alone.

It'd be like SSM changed Kratos for GoW3... by making him get some laser tattoo removal, hitting a tanning bed, shaving his goatee, and handing him a toupee. Then hiring a new VA that was a 12 year old boy. No sale. I played the last game as generic angry bald greek with tribal tattoo, angry deep voice, and pasty white skin. Do not change him for the next game.

Speaking of, Dom's changes in GoW3, I can understand from a "story" point of view, but I still had trouble recognizing him at first. Hopefully that pans out, but with the addition of mech warrior to the end of the trilogy, I don't know that I'll be interested enough to care come *whenever*.[/QUOTE]
I really hated Cole in the first game and he was probably the thing that turned me off the most about the game and made me stop playing, the new design for Cole made him look much more charismatic and fun and actually made him really look entertaining to me. If they go back to the old design for Cole, I'm probably going to cancel my preorder because of the fear that he'll be really bland again.

And wasn't Cole's redesign related to the story, too?

Got my Bayonetta and God Of War Collection today. Bayonetta came from Gamefly and I got a used GOW Collection from Amazon. I beat GOW/GOW2 when they was first out,but since I heard it was easy trophies I couldn't resist. I rented Bayonetta when it was first out. I figured I would buy it when it was cheap enough and take my time with it. Instead of rushing it like I did the rental.

I'm going to start a movement to have Infamous 2 changed to a puzzle game. They'll easily bend over if we get enough people to complain about the fact that Infamous 2 is still a sandbox game.

This puzzle (buying food and drinks for the girl at the shrine) in Persona 3 Portable is stupid. She wants you to give her a specific type of food and drink, but only the food is able to be obtained that day. I would have needed an FAQ to know that the specific drink she wanted is the drink that's only available in the vending machine in the dorm that I would've had to buy the night before I knew she even existed. fuck.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']I fucking love dungeons in ToS. They are absolutely the perfect size.[/QUOTE]

ToS was an awesome game...It's too bad ToS 2 sucked balls.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']And wasn't Cole's redesign related to the story, too?[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

Hmmm... how to work that in... Okay, I got it...

He had no hair before the incident, but now that he doesn't have the girl any more, he decided to let it grow in... and then he took some cash and got some plastic surgery, as looking Luke Perry, all 90210 and shit, was bound to help him with the ladies. And once all the villains thought he was a pretty boy who lost the rest of his boy band, even the lightning powers couldn't do it -- so he had to go get some tribal tattoos and wear a short-sleeved shirt so everyone could see em. ;)

But seriously... not that I knew of, at least.

The drastic character model changes (my issues being mostly with his head/face) to turn him into a blend of nathan drake, random boy band member x, and random douche with tribal tattoos 2, I just couldn't buy it. I was going to avoid the game for the same reason you were apparently going to buy it. If you start a story, from my point of view, do not radically alter the main character, provided each episode is a continuation.

Did people assume that he didn't wear anything or have any tattoos under the jacket?

Tales of Symphonia was a boring RPG. I lost all interest in the Tales games because of it.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']
And wasn't Cole's redesign related to the story, too?[/QUOTE]
No, They wanted to make him more "likable". But it seems they failed horribly.

[quote name='gunm']There was nothing official in that article. :/

I do hope they get rid of Boy Band Douche Cole though.[/QUOTE]

BBDC -- Boy Band Douche Cole... I'd like to think I inspired that.

You know, I don't actually hate the concept art for the "redesign" but the actual in game model... not so much, as noted above.

This really doesn't look far off from Cole, just with some hair and maybe a goatee?

InFamous_2_Artwork.jpg

Again, slightly different, just not as radical a change as the in game model.

Personally I think Cole should only have a goatee if you're evil.

I kinda want that LBP2 Collector edition(or whatever it's called).

[quote name='corrosivefrost']:rofl:

Hmmm... how to work that in... Okay, I got it...

He had no hair before the incident, but now that he doesn't have the girl any more, he decided to let it grow in... and then he took some cash and got some plastic surgery, as looking Luke Perry, all 90210 and shit, was bound to help him with the ladies. And once all the villains thought he was a pretty boy who lost the rest of his boy band, even the lightning powers couldn't do it -- so he had to go get some tribal tattoos and wear a short-sleeved shirt so everyone could see em. ;)

But seriously... not that I knew of, at least.

The drastic character model changes (my issues being mostly with his head/face) to turn him into a blend of nathan drake, random boy band member x, and random douche with tribal tattoos 2, I just couldn't buy it. I was going to avoid the game for the same reason you were apparently going to buy it. If you start a story, from my point of view, do not radically alter the main character, provided each episode is a continuation.[/QUOTE]

My friend that finished the game told me that at the end of the game reality was changed so his new look and personality was a part of that new reality, so it made sense to me to change his look and stuff. I wish that was the case, I would much rather prefer alternate reality awesome Cole to original Cole.

-----------
Just got my second GS PowerSaver sale order and am playing Quantum of Solace. Beginning of the game is fucking badass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back