GGT#38: Whats it going to be GGT? Loyalty to your country, or loyalty to the GGT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Chacrana']fuck yeah, it would. It actually would make a lot of sense.

I would love playing the last level.[/QUOTE]

:lol: it would involve alot of bowling, being drunk, milk shakes, and violence.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']:lol: it would involve alot of bowling, being drunk, milk shakes, and violence.[/quote]

Sounds like a typical Saturday night!

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I still consider There Will Be Blood a better movie overall.[/quote]
I'll be picking that up when it hits HD as well. Same goes for Sweeney Todd and Gone Baby Gone (apparently this one is out already).
Still, my favourite for '07 was Juno. Then Ratatouille, then NCFOM.
I know No Country looked incredible, but it was a bit iffy. Javier Bardem is madness.

[quote name='Azumangaman']I'll be picking that up when it hits HD as well. Same goes for Sweeney Todd and Gone Baby Gone (apparently this one is out already).
I know No Country looked incredible, but it was a bit iffy. Javier Bardem is madness.[/QUOTE]

TWBB beats the shit out of No Country in terms of looks. Some of the best damn american views I've ever seen.

[quote name='Azumangaman']I'll be picking that up when it hits HD as well. Same goes for Sweeney Todd and Gone Baby Gone (apparently this one is out already).
I know No Country looked incredible, but it was a bit iffy. Javier Bardem is madness.[/QUOTE]

Gone Baby Gone was mediocre as fuck. Okay, well maybe a little better than mediocre, but it was really pretentious, and while it had some good ideas, the execution wasn't particularly interesting. It just didn't feel all that original. I would maybe rent it, but I would most assuredly not buy it.

I haven't seen Juno yet, because I don't want to go to a movie about a preggo on my own or with really any of my friends who are interested in seeing that movie, but Ratatouille was really good. Surprisingly good, because I usually don't think much of Pixar's kiddie-shit.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']TWBB beats the shit out of No Country in terms of looks. Some of the best damn american views I've ever seen.[/QUOTE]

I'm surprised I liked it, because I usually hate movies that are really AMURICAN...

Edit: I also saw Michael Clayton and Eastern Promises, and both were good, but not worth buying... MC was better than EP tho.

HI GUYZ

I browsed through the SSBB strategy guide that a friend of mine wrote for Nintendo/Prima... it was well done! I suggest any n00b to the series check it out and read it at least (don't need to buy it lol)... But I will say it's great material for while you're on the shitter...

Friday is here... time to relax... A long work week is over, I just got paid, and Manny Pacquiao is fighting tomorrow!

So much stuff coming out this year... I'm excited.

My hype level is over 9,000 for Street Fighter IV...

[quote name='MarkMan']HI GUYZ

I browsed through the SSBB strategy guide that a friend of mine wrote for Nintendo/Prima... it was well done! I suggest any n00b to the series check it out and read it at least (don't need to buy it lol)... But I will say it's great material for while you're on the shitter...

Friday is here... time to relax... A long work week is over, I just got paid, and Manny Pacquiao is fighting tomorrow!

So much stuff coming out this year... I'm excited.

My hype level is over 9,000 for Street Fighter IV...[/quote]

:D
cant wait for the fight go pacquaio!...and uhmm uhhh i need an xbla game to buy :lol:

I've got arcade-hand-syndrome now. Phew... y'know when you play a fuckload of arcade games during the day on an arcade stick and your hands just feel completely worn out? Well, that's where I am now after Beatmania. Gotz to get dem phalanges in shape!

I swear, from my years of playing Tekken hours and hours a day with competition... I've developed some extra muscles in my hands from constant practice of EWGF and wavedashing.

Chacrana, don't be shitting on the chest of Gone Baby Gone. I mean, Michael Clayton is based around a guy streaking. fuck that shit xD

Man, the only gaming I've been doing recently has been with deh ladies xD

My hands and arms are getting pretty strong due to my regimen of drumming, arcade stick using, and typing. That's not helping the rest of my body though. ;)

Man I'm looking forward to Super Street Fighter II TURBO HD Remix....

I've been playing ST and watching vids all evening...

Ok, so rumble wit dat triple is nice--I forgot what I was missing.

It doesn't make R&C dramatically better unfortunately.

I gotta look up what other games support DS3...
unless someone can just tell me what they are--yeah I'm lazy.

[quote name='gunm']Ok, so rumble wit dat triple is nice--I forgot what I was missing.

It doesn't make R&C dramatically better unfortunately.

I gotta look up what other games support DS3...
unless someone can just tell me what they are--yeah I'm lazy.
[/quote]
Ratchet is already perfect.

[quote name='Azumangaman']Ratchet is already perfect.[/QUOTE]Yeah, I definitely agree there. Ratchet is my favorite platforming series (although tough to decide if I like Ratchet or NiGHTs into Dreams on Saturn the most).

It feels good to sell a bunch of games but I've kind of hit a point with my PS2 collection I just can't think of anything else to get rid of (which I haven't) and I still have just over 100 games. I'm trying to get slightly under that number. My GC will be left alone (unless I decide to let one Bomberman go) and my Xbox might be left alone now. If my friend didn't ask me to reserve 38 games for him, my tradelist at CAG would have been crazy (because many of the games he reserved, someone at CAG would have definitely wanted).

Gaming tonight will be CoD4. I kind of feel bad because my friend might come over (who let me borrow Fuzion Frenzy 2) and I haven't bothered to play it (because I played a tournament by myself, absolutely hated it and never wanted to play again), since he keeps asking me how many more achievements did I get (my friend is big into achievements and already has over 6k (had his 360 for just a few months).

[quote name='whoknows']Because Crisis Core is going to be awesome?[/quote]

My theory on Crisis Core is that I could care less about the story, the gameplay itself just looks so fun. One review called it a more strategy-oriented version of the Kingdom Hearts system, which sounds awesome in my book. I hate Zack, but I'm willing to put up with his story for the gameplay.

[quote name='karsh']My theory on Crisis Core is that I could care less about the story, the gameplay itself just looks so fun. One review called it a more strategy-oriented version of the Kingdom Hearts system, which sounds awesome in my book. I hate Zack, but I'm willing to put up with his story for the gameplay.[/QUOTE]
Better be some damn good gameplay to make up for the amount of crap and mediocrity that will be in that story.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Better be some damn good gameplay to make up for the amount of crap and mediocrity that will be in that story.[/quote]

I would think you'd enjoy the amount of ''crap and mediocrity'', you know, from playing all those Koei games.

[quote name='whoknows']Because Crisis Core is going to be awesome?[/QUOTE]Crisis Core is very, very big to me. It was the game which sold me on a PSP way before the PSP came out (I remember the game being announced). I absolutely love FFVII and all spinoffs (yeah, I even liked Dirge of Cerberus, but mostly because of its story and gameplay wasn't too bad to me). Shockingly I haven't bought Advent Children (but seen it), since I'm waiting for blu-ray release.

I'm buying Hot Shots Golf: OoB next week, then Crisis Core: FFVII. Crisis Core: FFVII is without a doubt, my most wanted game this entire year (unless FFXIII came out this year).
[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Better be some damn good gameplay to make up for the amount of crap and mediocrity that will be in that story.[/QUOTE]I think the storyline will be awesome personally, but that's just me. ;)
[quote name='tiredfornow']I would think you'd enjoy the amount of ''crap and mediocrity'', you know, from playing all those Koei games.[/QUOTE]Nothing wrong with liking Koei games. I have many questionable tastes but I don't care what anyone says. :D

[quote name='tiredfornow']I would think you'd enjoy the amount of ''crap and mediocrity'', you know, from playing all those Koei games.[/QUOTE]
Ho ho ho! That's a good one! I bet next you're going to insult the fact that I'm an anime fan. Unlike the Koei insult, I've never heard THAT one before.

[quote name='karsh']My theory on Crisis Core is that I could care less about the story, the gameplay itself just looks so fun. One review called it a more strategy-oriented version of the Kingdom Hearts system, which sounds awesome in my book. I hate Zack, but I'm willing to put up with his story for the gameplay.[/QUOTE]
I like Zack so I'll probably get more enjoyment out of the story because of that. The combat does look fun though.

Has it been said how long the game is supposed to be?

:rofl: I'm not even insulting you, and why would I insult someone who likes anime if I like anime as well? :whistle2:k

Get off the defensive, kid, its just the internet.

[quote name='whoknows']I like Zack so I'll probably get more enjoyment out of the story because of that. The combat does look fun though.

Has it been said how long the game is supposed to be?[/quote]

I think my friend who has the Japanese version said it took her 20ish hours, but she didn't do much in the way of side-quests. So that could add some time to the game, towards 30 hours. Looks like a nice length to me.

[quote name='tiredfornow']:rofl: I'm not even insulting you, and why would I insult someone who likes anime if I like anime as well? :whistle2:k

Get off the defensive, kid, its just the internet.[/QUOTE]
In all fairness, I don't know you well enough to know if you're joking or not >.< For all I know, you could just be an ass like Jer.

Also it gets a bit annoying when anytime you try to discuss something about a game the other person's counterargument is "But you like Koei games lmao!11!" Especially when the person probably has only played 2 Dynasty Warriors games (when they have changed quite a bit, with DW6 having completely revamped the combo system and much of the gameplay elements), and buys the same damn sports game every year from EA. All they do is take what the reviews tell them and spit it back up at me.

Sorry.

[quote name='tiredfornow']:rofl: I'm not even insulting you, and why would I insult someone who likes anime if I like anime as well? :whistle2:k

Get off the defensive, kid, its just the internet.[/quote]

Kid? Well... if that's how you see me I think you'll blush a pretty pink when I kick your ass.

To be fair, Rei, the only DW I haven't played is 6. I used to sit at a friends house and we'd play those games pretty much all the time whenever we hung out because he was a big fan of the pick up and play, hack and slash type shit. So its not like I'm just saying that because you're saying CC is going to be crap (I could careless about CC), I'm just saying you should be used to the mediocre storyline. I mean, do you really play DW for the story?

For the record, I didn't even know who Brett Favre was until he retired, so me playing EA sports games is out of the question and reviews of games to me are a moot point since I'll try anything atleast once.

[quote name='Silent Assassin120']Kid? Well... if that's how you see me I think you'll blush a pretty pink when I kick your ass.[/quote]
:rofl: Chill, kid, I got my GGTcard right here.
middle-finger.jpg

[quote name='InuFaye']Reviews?

Didn't we agree that reviews are arbitrary?

This turned into a shitfest quick.[/quote]

The best reviewer is yourself, that is the only true way you'll know if you like a game or not.

[quote name='tiredfornow']

:rofl: Chill, kid, I got my GGTcard right here.
middle-finger.jpg
[/quote]

*Reported*

;), at least you can take a joke.

I wish Shining Force 2 was up on the Wii Shop Channel.

I'm a good portion through Shining Force 1 and remembering how good SF2 was is turning me off to this one. :(

Just got that werewolf/man thing ''Zylos''.

[quote name='tiredfornow']To be fair, Rei, the only DW I haven't played is 6. I used to sit at a friends house and we'd play those games pretty much all the time whenever we hung out because he was a big fan of the pick up and play, hack and slash type shit. So its not like I'm just saying that because you're saying CC is going to be crap (I could careless about CC), I'm just saying you should be used to the mediocre storyline. I mean, do you really play DW for the story?
[/QUOTE]
While I don't play them for the story in the same sense I play Lost Odyssey for the story, I do still enjoy it. Romance of the Three Kingdoms is easily one of my favorite books, and while the DW series cuts a lot of shit out in the games I am always interested to see how they handle certain events.

Also I never said CC was going to be crap. Just its story lol. Which importers have told me is actually pretty accurate.

Thought I'd play a little Audiosurf. Wrong. Since the last time I played, they've patched it a few times, and they seem to have patched out the ability for me to play the game. Freezes every time a game is about to start. Their Troubleshooting forum is 42 pages, so forget that. Then as I looked down my list of Steam games, I realize I have problems with everything I've bought. Man, fuck PC games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back