GGT#46 came later than Chac's mom's period

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='distgfx']Five bucks says I'm on Cheska's ignore list.

Five imaginary dollars.
[/QUOTE]

If I ignore you, can I get $5? :)

[quote name='DarkNessBear']http://www.gamerankings.com/xbox/561647-beyond-good-and-evil/index.html

http://www.gamerankings.com/xbox360/975240-enslaved-odyssey-to-the-west/index.html[/QUOTE]
So you just disproved yourself by showing that people did like BG&E when it launched?
[quote name='distgfx']Amen. Admittedly HS' combat wasn't bad, just nothing noteworthy and certainly not up to the standards of DMC.[/QUOTE]
Maybe DMC4 was somehow different than the rest, but I didn't see anything about the combat that was all that good or interesting to me from the hype the series has had for years.
[quote name='corrosivefrost']Fact: Heavenly Sword was in development for 5 years.

You're given 5 years to put a title out and a major company finances you in hopes that it's a system selling app and the best you can do is Heavenly Sword?

Heavenly Sword rates as a 2.5-3/5 for me. It's middle of the road and average and absolutely ridiculous given how long it took them to make.[/QUOTE]
It was also in development for the PC and Xbox 360 before Sony picked up the game near the end, so I don't see what the five years of development has to do with anything but to further this hate that you've had for NT for the past few weeks. The gist is that they started working on a "next-gen" game in 2002 by going off of ballpark estimates of what the next systems were going to be able to do when working on the PC version, so they went to work on the engine and the game in the hopes of it paying off in the end. That's why even selling over 1.5 million copies didn't put them in the black on the game's development.

[quote name='Cheska19']If I ignore you, can I get $5? :)[/QUOTE]

OH GOD! Bet's off!

[quote name='DarkNessBear']I'll donate $2 for every person that ignores JSP's comments for the rest of the year...[/QUOTE]

Every JSP comment is worth $2.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Maybe DMC4 was somehow different than the rest, but I didn't see anything about the combat that was all that good or interesting to me from the hype the series has had for years.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I was thinking of DMC3 when I typed that.

[quote name='ihadFG']Wall of text about Enslaved:

The full game of Enslaved is not like Wolverine or Heavenly Sword. It's a lot more varied than the demo would lead you to believe. The demo made it seem like the game is all simple platforming and combat, but the full game has a lot more to it. Right after the demo ends, you end up working with the girl (Trip) for the rest of the game. A lot of the time she can distract enemies in order for you to get closer to them and then take them out. Or you can distract the enemies in order for her to sneak past.

Also, one of the parts in chapter 2 involves you leading Trip through a mine field, but once you get near the end of it, some enemies appear. While fighting them, you have to avoid the mines, but if you hit an enemy into the mines they will explode. Little things like this help change up the combat enough to make it feel fresh.

And on top of the general gameplay feeling less generic and boring than Heavenly Sword, the writing and voice acting is superb so far. The environment/setting is also great for the plot and beautiful to look at. Overall, so far the game feels very unique to me even though some of its gameplay aspects are similar to other games at their core. The game shows a big improvement over Heavenly Sword, and makes me think that Ninja Theory isn't actually a bad developer at all. I think for people who love games with a good narrative/dialogue, this will be a strong GOTY contender.[/QUOTE]

Maybe one day I'll pick up the game, and try it out fully. It could be a case of "good game bad demo" because I actually would have played part of a level where the guy and the girl are working together. I think that the demo would have been more fun with that element. But even with that... I feel that this game is going to get repetitive.. because it seems that you're just button mashing you're way through enemies...hopefully they'll have more attack moves, and more weapons to vary things up.

I have to disagree with you in regards to this game being a improvement over Heavenly Sword in any manner. Enslaved may be considered better, because it's longer, but in terms of voice acting, graphics, gameplat, I think Heavely Sword beats it totally. These days people like to really penalize games for length, and I'll admit that HS could have used maybe one or two more bosses with another level thrown in; but aside from that, the game was excellent. I think that some people may end up going back to Heavely Sword ( if not just to experience Ninja Theory's body of work) and may appreciate the devs effort more now then when the game was originally released.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Hey retards, take your discussion of ninja theory somewhere else you elegant fucks[/QUOTE]

oh you're a moderator now... go somewhere and sit your ass down.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Hey retards, take your discussion of ninja theory somewhere else you elegant fucks[/QUOTE]

elegant fucks is great

We're not supposed to use a thread when it gets over 500 posts, Thomas. That's why there's a new GGT thread. Take it there, please, good sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back