GGT #59: Love worth dying for? "But heed this, the price you pay may be heavy indeed"

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='daroga']How is Hulk? It looked terrible, but I was pleasantly surprised by movies twice this summer already.[/QUOTE]
It was good. A lot better than the first one, thank Rei. It wasn't as good as Iron Man, but definitely was entertaining.

[quote name='StarKnightX']I thought Hulk LOOKED good , based on the trailers. I have not seen the movie to say for sure or not though. I'm a little biased towards Edward Norton movies.:) Wall-E was excellent however.:D

Question , what's the difference between this Persona 3 soundtrack:
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-8l-77-2-49-en-15-persona-70-1fsu-43-n9.html

and the one that comes bundled in with the game?[/QUOTE]
The one in the link is the full soundtrack. When you get a soundtrack bundled with a game in the US it's never the full soundtrack.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']The one in the link is the full soundtrack. When you get a soundtrack bundled with a game in the US it's never the full soundtrack.[/QUOTE]

That's what I thought. I'm thinking about selling off my copy of Persona 3 and just getting FES and the stand-alone complete soundtrack to go with it. I noticed they also have a FES soundtrack. Any idea what the difference between that and the regular P3 soundtrack is? I'm guessing new songs or arrangements?

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']nvm, thx though MM but I found out my college has student e-mail even though it's just gmail renamed :lol:

so yeah, I just finally got a neogaf account. finally. now I can join the turds and apossum.[/QUOTE]Unfortunately, getting your account activated is the difficult part. They occasionally have times where they activate accounts, but it can be anywhere from a few days, to several months. I've known some who signed up over a year ago and still haven't been activated.

[quote name='StarKnightX']That's what I thought. I'm thinking about selling off my copy of Persona 3 and just getting FES and the stand-alone complete soundtrack to go with it. I noticed they also have a FES soundtrack. Any idea what the difference between that and the regular P3 soundtrack is? I'm guessing new songs or arrangements?[/QUOTE]
FES has some new music. Most of it being remixed stuff from the original.

I'm pretty tired too, but I got spanish to study up on for a test that I don't know if it's tomorrow or Wed... >_< and on top of that I'm staying up for the 2.40 PS3 FW news.

[quote name='nyprimus4']Found this...

1508657800b8fc41f2e7mr1.jpg

And this...

83398879974496522c3th1.jpg

and this...

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=153627[/QUOTE]lol!

it's not too hard... take it apart, rip all the buttons and the stick off the PCB, put in new stuff and resolder.

as long as you understand the PCB mapping and u kno how to solder then the only thing else you need is a master plan

[quote name='Jest']Are they just going to announce what we already know? Is there an event coming up?[/QUOTE]They plan to post a video walking us through the firmware. People need to get a life IMO instead of waiting around a site to do it. I'm going to bed and I'll watch it tomorrow morning.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']People need to get a Rolls Royce IMO instead of waiting around a site to do it. I'm going to bed and I'll watch it tomorrow morning.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='The Mana Knight']People need to get a phat azz bag of gummi worms IMO instead of waiting around a site to do it. I'm going to bed and I'll watch it tomorrow morning.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='The Mana Knight']People need to get a new puppy dog IMO instead of waiting around a site to do it. I'm going to bed and I'll watch it tomorrow morning.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='The Mana Knight']People need to get a sexy bra and panty set instead of waiting around a site to do it. I'm going to bed and I'll watch it tomorrow morning.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='The Mana Knight']People need to get a jabbawockeez t shirt IMO instead of waiting around a site to do it. I'm going to bed and I'll watch it tomorrow morning.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='The Mana Knight']People need to get a Sony Ericsson cell phone IMO instead of waiting around a site to do it. I'm going to bed and I'll watch it tomorrow morning.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='The Mana Knight']People need to get a ninja turtles ice cream bar from the icecream truck IMO instead of waiting around a site to do it. I'm going to bed and I'll watch it tomorrow morning.[/QUOTE]

fixed times 7!!!

I know I'm weird saying this, but doea anyone have a hard time going from PS3 graphics to PS2, but no problem at all going from PS3 to PS1?

I just thoguht that because while I was playing MGS4 and you get to that certain flashback I thought "man, I'd rather be playing MGS4 in this engine" >_<

:lol: I love sharp pixelation >_

yoyo!!!

u kno why they call this game Disgaea?!?!?!

becoz it's disgaeasting!!!

10rqqki.jpg

that's the result of a lot of hard work AKA spending 10 minutes staring at my screen thinking about how I'm gonna pull that off.

I havent even began the 2nd chapter yet... nor do I even understand how to supe up characters and do stupid damage...

all I'm doing is item world, and geo panel combos... gotta do 3 more item world runs before I move on in the game

Ninja_Turtles.gif

BAM!!!

150010986_e7f39199ae.jpg
150016845_571e23e632.jpg

u kno JEKKI?!?!?!

I'm not old skool or new skool... I'm TRUE SKOOL!!!

so similarly I'm not next gen or last gen or current gen.... I'm TRUE GEN!!

aka JEKKIGEN; it's the JEKKISTYLE for JEKKIGAMERS!

I have finally beaten Persona 3:FES-The Journey. Total time was a bit over 74 hours. The last boss took me about 2 hours to finally finish off, but it was kinda easy compared to some end-game RPGs. Overall tho, it was an excellent RPG and I look forward to starting The Answer.

However, I'm gonna take a break away from it for a bit. I still haven't even touched DMC4, so I think I'm gonna jump into that next. Then I'll eventually start up some Final Fantasy X.

[quote name='JEKKI']BAM!!!

150010986_e7f39199ae.jpg
150016845_571e23e632.jpg

u kno JEKKI?!?!?!

I'm not old skool or new skool... I'm TRUE SKOOL!!!

so similarly I'm not next gen or last gen or current gen.... I'm TRUE GEN!!

aka JEKKIGEN; it's the JEKKISTYLE for JEKKIGAMERS![/quote]

What a lamer. Everyone knows Cool Spot was the superior game.

I'm happy I didn't stay up just to see that. Pretty lame, I want it but it should have been here since day one. It's one of those things us spoiled 360 gamers take for granted.

Agreed. Sony had a year to see the 360 and XBL grow(that isn't much time in this industry, but trust me it is enough to get something rolling), but they did not make any changes to their launch plans... Sony was just too cocky with the PS3 release.

Now a little over a year and a half since the PS3 launched. Sony is finally leveling out in playing catch up. Better late than never though.

I know what's coming next.

I'm ready for 'that' reply to read tomorrow while at work.

I hate Mondays btw.

One good thing about the in game XMB video though... makes my TV look good. ;)

[quote name='Jest']What a lamer. Everyone knows Cool Spot was the superior game.[/quote]

The original Cool Spot was good, but Spot goes to Hollywood was good as well, I'd forgotten about it actually, thanks for the reminder Jekki.

Might give it a play through on my GP2X.

in game xmb looks quite awesome.

so i am playing metal gear acid 2.

I have trouble not being spotted.

Any Pro Tips?

Also im stuck in ICO, i have no idea how to do this puzzle without these monsters trying to eat my bitch.

Started FFCC Ring of Fates last night. Not bad. Wish I had some multiplayer people...

Tried the SSHD demo last night. I always thought of the game as "Geometry Wars for Sony fanboys who won't admit they like Geometry Wars, but pretend not to like it because it's on Xbox", but it was pretty fun, and different from GW. May dl it when I'm bored enough.

Even though I hate Sony, I kept my PS3 because amazon's fees were rediculous (Over $100 for a $600 item) and the guy buying it was shady looking. Now there's a lot less demand, and I might as well keep the damned thing. I think I'm gonna buy Warhawk and Burnout Paradise today. Maybe.

I'm playing through all the Metal Gears in order. Does MGS3S run okay on PS3 80GB?

[quote name='pete5883']Started FFCC Ring of Fates last night. Not bad. Wish I had some multiplayer people...

Tried the SSHD demo last night. I always thought of the game as "Geometry Wars for Sony fanboys who won't admit they like Geometry Wars, but pretend not to like it because it's on Xbox", but it was pretty fun, and different from GW. May dl it when I'm bored enough.[/QUOTE]SSD HD > Geometry Wars. Not even because I prefer Sony over MS. SSD HD truly rocks. I thought Geometry Wars was good, but I never got addicted to it like SSD HD. The music, awesome graphics, sounds, etc. make it rock.

[quote name='Chacrana']Who the fuck goes to bed at 11?[/QUOTE]I go to bed before midnight. I like waking up at 6am-8am in the morning. I hate being up late, since I don't like wasting my day.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']
I like waking up at 6am-8am in the morning. .[/quote]

WTF, you get freakier and freakier every post.

[quote name='jer7583']

I'm playing through all the Metal Gears in order. Does MGS3S run okay on PS3 80GB?[/quote]

I haven't heard of any problems with any of the MGS titles on PS3.

Have fun :bouncy: !

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']WTF, you get freakier and freakier every post.[/quote]

Nothing freaky about that, I get up at 5.45am every morning for work, getting in early means I can get home early.

According to Sony's PS3 site, MGS3 is slow like a slug on the 80gb PS3.

Oh, btw, I saw an 80gb PS3 at Best Buy yesterday. Not too limited it seems.

[quote name='benjamouth']Nothing freaky about that, I get up at 5.45am every morning for work, getting in early means I can get home early.[/QUOTE]Exactly. That's why I like early classes. I get home early, then gives me more time to play video games.

Firmware 2.4 sounds really cool and I can't wait. Hopefully I play MGS4 today.
[quote name='KingBroly']According to Sony's PS3 site, MGS3 is slow like a slug on the 80gb PS3.

Oh, btw, I saw an 80gb PS3 at Best Buy yesterday. Not too limited it seems.[/QUOTE]I'm seeing it around more often.

MGS3 works fine on my 60.

2.4 does look really cool, and I have to say that it will probably mean I'll be buying most of my multiplatform games on the PS3.

[quote name='SpikeJonez']does anyone else shudder at the fact that microsoft wants another console out in 2010?[/quote]

I've got no problem with that, as long as the build quality is much improved.

I'd hope for full BC with all 360 games supported as well, not the half assed BC we have on the 360.

[quote name='SpikeJonez']does anyone else shudder at the fact that microsoft wants another console out in 2010?[/quote]

I was thinking they where gonna throw something out in '09. I wasn't too far off.

As for myself, I've determined this will probably be my last generation to buying full on home consoles. I own a Wii and 360, but I can say without regret that I don't play my consoles as much as I thought I would. Looking back before I had a 360, I thought about all the games I wanted to own and play, and now I have a current collection of 9 360 games, 6 of which I could get rid of and be content with only 3 games for it. The Wii I bought on impulse because I got it for $40 with Super Mario World and Starfox 64 purhcased on it already. I play my handhelds way more than I do my consoles and I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything by not changing anything.

Besides, handhelds are portable, cheaper, and have longer lifespans. To me, I get much more enjoyment out playing my ds or psp than I do my wii or 360.

[quote name='SpikeJonez']does anyone else shudder at the fact that microsoft wants another console out in 2010?[/QUOTE]

A little... I've still only got like 3 360 games that I even give a shit about. It'll be hard to plunk down $4-500 for that again, especially factoring in how shitty MS' hardware is.

I kind wish MS' new platform was just the PC, since they really have nothing to do with the hardware.

I wish they would just make 360s that work, and keep making games.

This generation feels like last except with prettier graphics.

[quote name='JEKKI']yoyo!!!

u kno why they call this game Disgaea?!?!?!

becoz it's disgaeasting!!!

that's the result of a lot of hard work AKA spending 10 minutes staring at my screen thinking about how I'm gonna pull that off.

I havent even began the 2nd chapter yet... nor do I even understand how to supe up characters and do stupid damage...

all I'm doing is item world, and geo panel combos... gotta do 3 more item world runs before I move on in the game

[/quote]
Hahah, you'll get quicker at calculating geopanels. Takes me about 2-3 minutes now.

I would hold off on item world though. As you progress through the game, you get better items and you gotta level those up, and then you get better items. I didn't seriously do item world till endgame.

And endgame is where you get insanely powerful characters, there are a couple of really broken stages...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back