GGT 65 listens to Cypress Hill while drinking Jolt and builds SICK bike ramps

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like happy endings. lulz.

Hey, waitaminute--AC has an ending?? Just started AC Brohos...is that the last one or something?

[quote name='gunm']I like happy endings. lulz.

Hey, waitaminute--AC has an ending?? Just started AC Brohos...is that the last one or something?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's the last one forever. Series is done.

Also fun, Singularity gives you 3 trophies for the different endings.I will never play enough of the multiplayer to get the rest of them. 54 percent is enough.

Good endings:

Bioshock
Bioshock 2
Dead Rising 2
Lost & Damned
Red Dead
Heavy Rain
The Darkness
MGS4
Uncharted 2
Scott Pilgrim
Crisis Core
No More Heroes

Bad endings:

Crackdown
Dead Rising
Dead Space
Fallout 3
GTA IV
Kane & Lynch
Both Ultimate Alliance games
Prince of Persia
Mirror's Edge

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']The problem was that GTAIV BARELY had an ending.
Either Roman or the dumb bitch you don't care about gets shot, then you do a stupid mission, and then you shoot the dude....and that's it, it just goes to credits. It felt like there should have been some kind of cutscene to wrap the game up, but it was just like...that's it. After retrying that mission 1000 times due to shitty checkpoints and shitty game mechanics I was pretty fucking underwhelmed.
[/QUOTE]

That's just it. You live the american dream. From immigrant to somebody. You find love (whether as a player you care about Kate or not is entirely different than if Niko cares about Kate :)). You watch someone you care about get murdered in front of you over something petty that was a result of your resorting to criminal activity as your means to achieving your dreams. And when you exact revenge afterwards, nothing changes. The person is still dead, nothing will bring them back, and life goes on; Niko has to live with his choices.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Rockstar knows stories and whether you like or hate GTA4, at least it had a proper ending of some sort, a finale to the story. No stupid cliffhanger, no generic happy ending.[/QUOTE]

I'm inclined to agree with you here. Both GTA4 and RDR had better endings than most games because Rockstar didn't take the easy way out and make a generic/predictable happy ending.

But with this same thought, I am wondering if you would say the same thing about Braid overall, even though you didn't like it. Honestly, I can't imagine how someone could play through that game and not see, at the very least, why other people like it, even if you personally don't. For instance, you said you hated the art style, but I think you'd be lying if you said you couldn't see why others like it so much. Same thing for the ending as well. Even if you didn't like it, you have to admit that the ending was still unexpected, and a lot more meaningful than most game endings.

GTAIV's story was fuckin dumb. Oh wah wah wah I want to be a better person fuck YOU KILL EVERYONE SHOOT EVERYONE oh now i'm in love with this girl i just met because ??? let me do a thousand errands for a bunch of assholes, oh now one of them wants to kill me and now roman is marrying some chick, someone's dead kill the dude this was gay. The only part that was cool was the very beginning and when you actually get a hold of the guy you were looking for.

Do you guys all know who Edgar Snyder is?

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Good endings:

Bioshock
Bioshock 2
Dead Rising 2
Lost & Damned
Red Dead
Heavy Rain
The Darkness
MGS4
Uncharted 2
Scott Pilgrim
Crisis Core
No More Heroes

Bad endings:

Crackdown
Dead Rising
Dead Space
Fallout 3
GTA IV
Kane & Lynch
Both Ultimate Alliance games
Prince of Persia
Mirror's Edge[/QUOTE]

When you say that Dead Space had a bad ending, are you talking about when
You get on the ship, and they do that cheap scare with Nicole as a necromorph?

[quote name='ihadFG']When you say that Dead Space had a bad ending, are you talking about when
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, seriously, there's nothing I hate more in stories (movie, book, game, whatever) than when
the protagonist "wins" and then they throw in a super cheap LOL NOPE at the very last second, it's just dumb. Plus it was such a blatant "we already got a confirmed sequel bitch, 60 more dollars!" thing.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Yeah, seriously, there's nothing I hate more in stories (movie, book, game, whatever) than when
the protagonist "wins" and then they throw in a super cheap LOL NOPE at the very last second, it's just dumb. Plus it was such a blatant "we already got a confirmed sequel bitch, 60 more dollars!" thing.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I feel the same way. I'm just wondering how they are handling that ending for the sequel. Maybe they'll just say it was
a hallucination or something.
But otherwise, the Dead Space series has a decent story.

[quote name='Cheska19']JSP, those choices for the next blog story are fucking stupid lol.[/QUOTE]

poke_haters.gif

[quote name='whoknows']Best ending ever is
Madden 09
[/QUOTE]

No way dude.
Madden 05
had a much better ending.

[quote name='Cheska19']I better not be. It'll probably be Bear.[/QUOTE]
That makes sense, I could see him being on the run for being on the Pedo GAF forum.

[quote name='ihadFG']I'm inclined to agree with you here. Both GTA4 and RDR had better endings than most games because Rockstar didn't take the easy way out and make a generic/predictable happy ending.

But with this same thought, I am wondering if you would say the same thing about Braid overall, even though you didn't like it. Honestly, I can't imagine how someone could play through that game and not see, at the very least, why other people like it, even if you personally don't. For instance, you said you hated the art style, but I think you'd be lying if you said you couldn't see why others like it so much. Same thing for the ending as well. Even if you didn't like it, you have to admit that the ending was still unexpected, and a lot more meaningful than most game endings.[/QUOTE]

Don't get me wrong, the level design on Braid was good and the landscape/background/setpieces were nice. The general animation of Tim and the goomba ripoff/homages? I don't know how anyone can think they look good. If people tell me they liked Braid for the puzzles -- sure, I can buy it. But the story? The overall vague brush strokes used to try to paint a picture left open to interpretation didn't work for me and I saw the ending coming from about 4 chapters away. I thought it was predictable and cliche. But again, that's just me.

Similarly, I can't understand how anyone can say the general 3D models for SF4 look good -- Ryu looks like he could be the missing link of human evolution who just conveniently found someones infinte supply of steroids. Some of the art direction, such as the heavy ink strokes during focus attacks are a nice touch, and the general models look good in motion, but during closeups/freeze frames, sweet Jesus... glad the MvC3 3D models don't look like angry roid monkeys from planet krypton. :)

[quote name='ihadFG']When you say that Dead Space had a bad ending, are you talking about when
[/QUOTE]

That was
Nicole
? :whistle2:s

[quote name='distgfx']Sure as hell looked like
Nicole
to me.[/QUOTE]

Edit: Huh. Just youtubed it. Yeah, that's totally spot on. I beat the game like 4 times and never really noticed that. :rofl:

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Don't get me wrong, the level design on Braid was good and the landscape/background/setpieces were nice. The general animation of Tim and the goomba ripoff/homages? I don't know how anyone can think they look good. If people tell me they liked Braid for the puzzles -- sure, I can buy it. But the story? The overall vague brush strokes used to try to paint a picture left open to interpretation didn't work for me and I saw the ending coming from about 4 chapters away. I thought it was predictable and cliche. But again, that's just me.
[/QUOTE]

Well then you're the only person I've ever heard of that guessed the ending. Honestly, do you really think the ending was something that most people would have guessed? Because I sure don't. Calling it cliche implies that the ending was something that happens all the time and something that most people would expect. I've never heard anyone else call it predictable before. The only other game I can think of with even a remotely similar ending is
Shadow of the Colossus.
Even if you did predict the ending though, that still doesn't take away from the meaning of it, so can you at least see why other people like the ending so much?

I have the following roles planned out:

Cheska
whoknows
darknessbear
ninja dog
jekki
hankmecrankme
fire_thief
budsmoka
the_grimace
distgfx
LinkinPrime
Darth Puma

[quote name='whoknows']Just started playing Enslaved. Can't believe these same people are making the next DMC. Ugh.[/QUOTE]

Well Enslaved is a game that focuses on the story, and the gameplay focuses on a lot of things other than combat. It's not exactly supposed to have the deepest combat system. DMC, on the other hand, is all about the combat, so I would expect NT to focus a lot more on making the combat deep than they did in Enslaved. I'm not saying it will necessarily turn out good, but I also don't think you should be worrying about the combat from Enslaved ending up in DMC.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']I have the following roles planned out:

Cheska
whoknows
darknessbear
ninja dog
jekki
hankmecrankme
fire_thief
budsmoka
the_grimace
distgfx
LinkinPrime
Darth Puma[/QUOTE]

Are me and distgx going to have a baby, while bear fawns over hanks 14 year old daughter?

[quote name='ihadFG']Well Enslaved is a game that focuses on the story, and the gameplay focuses on a lot of things other than combat. It's not exactly supposed to have the deepest combat system. DMC, on the other hand, is all about the combat, so I would expect NT to focus a lot more on making the combat deep than they did in Enslaved. I'm not saying it will necessarily turn out good, but I also don't think you should be worrying about the combat from Enslaved ending up in DMC.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't HS supposed to have good combat? Because it didn't.

And the controls are just ass in it. Setting is cool, but still not really fun to actually play.

[quote name='whoknows']Wasn't HS supposed to have good combat? Because it didn't.

And the controls are just ass in it. Setting is cool, but still not really fun to actually play.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, HS did kinda suck. But I thought Enslaved showed a lot of improvement overall for NT, so I'm hopeful that DMC will continue on that path. And the controls in Enslaved are perfectly fine after a few levels. They just take a little getting used to. Once you get a feel for the way Monkey moves, the game begins to flow a lot better.

[quote name='Cheska19']Are me and distgx going to have a baby, while bear fawns over hanks 14 year old daughter?[/QUOTE]

Dunno if I'd want DarknessPedobear fawning over my 14 year old daughter. :whistle2:k

And tell distgx to strap up.

Kane and Lynch 2 GOTY

hank, if you keep talking about ggters banging i'm gonna end up picturing it, and all i know of most ggters is their avatars, so im gonna be picturing the blazblue hat guy banging fist of the north star or something

[quote name='ihadFG']Yeah, HS did kinda suck. But I thought Enslaved showed a lot of improvement overall for NT, so I'm hopeful that DMC will continue on that path. And the controls in Enslaved are perfectly fine after a few levels. They just take a little getting used to. Once you get a feel for the way Monkey moves, the game begins to flow a lot better.[/QUOTE]

Controls seem as unresponsive as ever and combat is a step down from HS IMO.

I want DMC to be good, but I just can't see it happening

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Well with DMC4 we got one half of a good game, so maybe for dmc we'll get a full shitty one.[/QUOTE]

With DMC2, we got two count 'em TWO discs of greatness.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']hank, if you keep talking about ggters banging i'm gonna end up picturing it, and all i know of most ggters is their avatars, so im gonna be picturing the blazblue hat guy banging fist of the north star or something[/QUOTE]
Hot. Imma just picture Gizmo getting spread out by Godzilla's big schlong.

[quote name='Cheska19']Are me and distgx going to have a baby, while bear fawns over hanks 14 year old daughter?[/QUOTE]

This is not your fantasy.

[quote name='Chacrana']possibly GOTY.[/QUOTE]

Possibly?

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']hank, if you keep talking about ggters banging i'm gonna end up picturing it, and all i know of most ggters is their avatars, so im gonna be picturing the blazblue hat guy banging fist of the north star or something[/QUOTE]

This is your fantasy.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']With DMC2, we got two count 'em TWO discs of greatness.

Hot. Imma just picture Gizmo getting spread out by Godzilla's big schlong.[/QUOTE]

Dayum that was way hotter than what I was thinking. :(

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']I'ma picture Ches---

Oh this post was a bad idea.[/QUOTE]

Saved for life.

[quote name='gunm']This is not your fantasy.

Possibly?

This is your fantasy.

Dayum that was way hotter than what I was thinking. :(

Saved for life.[/QUOTE]

0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back