GH II bundle- $32 @ BB (YMMV?)

robdees

CAGiversary!
Edit: Oops. This is for the 360. Sorry for any confusion.

Saw this at the BB in Cedar Rapids, IA where I work today. It's a clearance price so I assume YMMV (it was $47 dollars earlier in the week). For any eastern Iowans there were about 50 units in stock. Hope this isn't a repost and that it helps someone out.

Cedar Rapids Iowa? I'm in Cedar Rapids Iowa! Might try picking one up. Already have GH2, but $32 just for the controller doesn't seem bad.

The Best Buy in West St. Paul, MN had GH II bundle for $32.00.
Everywhere else I checked had it anywhere from $48 to $79.

[quote name='angsto2']The Best Buy in West St. Paul, MN had GH II bundle for $32.00.
Everywhere else I checked had it anywhere from $48 to $79.[/quote]

They had these at brookdale for 29 4-6 weeks ago. I have seen several different threads on this lately. Yes best buy is ymmv but these gh2 bundles seem to be dropping at alot of bb lately. People need to keep an eye on this if their store isn't marked down yet.

This is a pretty good price for the guitar alone, isn't it? I recently sold my GH2 game, but wouldn't mind an extra guitar and to play the game some again.

I saw it for $32 at my Best Buy in Coralville, IA. It's for the game & the guitar on the 360. Maybe it's just a statewide YMMV.

Confirmed at the West Madison, WI Best Buy. I traded my copy when I got GH3, but always regretted it... so it was nice to pick up again for a good price.

Several weeks ago there was a YMMV post about the GHII XBOX360 Bundle for a similar price. I live in Philadelphia and my nearest Best Buy stores (Plymouth Meeting and King of Prussia) didn't even have them in stock. Anywhere I see it it's listed as $79.99 or higher. I hate the Rock Band controller so getting both Guitar Hero II and the guitar for less than $50 would be a very nice deal for me.

Still $79 at the Eastern CT stores. I will check the RI stores when I get a chance. I really would like to buy that, at $32 dollars. 2 was better than 3, IMO.

For all the ?'s about local prices here's the best way to check- Call your local BB and have them check in an inventory tool called "RSS". This will pull up all of the stores in the district, usually about the 20 closest stores, with all of their various prices. Usually at least 2-3 stores have the best clearance prices. Hopefully this will save some leg work.

the bundles are still listed on the website so you can check local availability online, mine shows one of my local stores has it in stock. i called them and he said theyre $63

it looks like prices in the bay area range from 45-60, which still isn't bad, but just not quite as good. if you go to a bb, they can look up other stores' inventory and price listings.

Lincoln, NE has this bundle for 31.99, I just picked it up for a 2nd guitar, bought it about a month back when it first went down to 47.99. Hopefully Gamestop will buy back the game even though it says not for resale on the back.

confirmed $48 on clearance in Thousand Oaks, CA when I asked for a price check of other best buys she told me that they're all the same (bullshit) and that there's no way they can check on other stores pricing.

confirmed at Duluth, MN. tons of GHII for 360 for $32. also, had some x-plorer guitars for $20. if anybody would like me to pick one up for them, send me a PM.

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']confirmed at Duluth, MN. tons of GHII for 360 for $32. also, had some x-plorer guitars for $20. if anybody would like me to pick one up for them, send me a PM.[/quote]

Wish my BB had the x-plorer for 20, that is all I bought the bundle for, it turned out to be the same price, after I sold GH2 to gamestop, but still would have been nice not to have gone through that. Oh well, I have 2 guitars now, that is all I need.

picked up one at one of my local BB's for 47.99 + I got 2 x 1600 point xbox cards (19.99 each), and I was able to use this coupon ($10 off $75) too:
http://emailinfo.bestbuy.com/pp/edi...332791769;1;02&R=T1_CMP_10132&A=1007&ci=10132

At least this way I will be able to buy some of the DLC once I get my 360 next week with the GTA IV BB deal!

This local BB had about 45+ of these game/combos left! Most of the other in the area BB's were already sold out.
Another BB only had 2 left, and the price was only listed down to 63.99 :shame:

Confirmed madison, WI eastside location had a bunch for $31.99. Oddly enough stacked right next to them was the standalone x-plorer guitar for $59.99, go figure.

bread's done
Back