GH: World Tour + GH3 + 2 Wireless Guitars (PS3/360) $100 (PS2) $80 Shipped Red Octane

albino_hippo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
68 (100%)
[img-r=4823]3470[/img-r]Red Octane has a special bundle which includes Guitar Hero World Tour + Guitar Hero III games, and both of their respective wireless guitars for Xbox 360 or PS3 for $100 with free shipping after coupon code B1G1FREE.
The PS2 bundle is $80 after coupon. Expires 12/31/08 or while supplies last.

All bundles contain:[hiddenlist]
(1) Guitar Hero World Tour Software
(1) Guitar Hero III Software
(1) Guitar Hero World Tour Wireless Guitar Controller
(1) Guitar Hero Les Paul Wireless Guitar Controller
(4) AA Batteries
(1) Guitar Hero World Tour Guitar Faceplate (black)
(1) Guitar Hero Les Paul Guitar Faceplate (black)
(2) Guitar Hero Sticker Pack
(2) Standard 1" Wide Guitar Strap[/hiddenlist]
Thanks, SlickDeals!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hell of a deal, BTW...I've already recieved mine, 1 business day after placing my order...and I got the free shipping!

It would be nice to get this before Thanksgiving, but I'm going to be safe and not expect them to even ship it until sometime next week. In that case, I hope it doesn't show up until finals are done...

[quote name='sgaldis211']Hell of a deal, BTW...I've already recieved mine, 1 business day after placing my order...and I got the free shipping![/QUOTE]

Me too actually, both in full retail boxes, which I didn't expect! Awesome.

The code is not entered until you checkout. It is one of the last screens. It will show full price until you checkout.

[quote name='MasterSun1']OMG. RecOctane = AMAZING. So the "threat" I made worked! I got this email from them just now:

Update for Case #XXXXXXX- "New Offer with GH3"

Hello Andy,

Thank you for contacting RedOctane Customer Support.

We will make a goodwill gesture and send out a copy of the GH3 game to you. We do not normally do this, but since the time frame is so close, we will do this for you.

Thank You,

Ashley
RedOctane Customer Support

That email was directly from that customer support rep. This was followed by a order confirmation email. RedOctane is absolutely amazing![/quote]

Very nice, glad it worked for you. I'm half tempted to try the same, but I don't really think I'd play GH3 that much, I'd feel bad trying to get them to do it just so that I could sell it. I got a really good deal, and then a better one came along that I couldn't take advantage of, I think I may be able to live with that. Maybe.

I just broke down and bought this last night. I've been resisting GH for a long time, but since I already have a mic from Karaoke Rev, I just need drums now. Theoretically I could get them off the RB site all for less than $190...

My willpower is breaking down...this is very tempting. I haven't played any of the GH or RB games so far but this seems to be one helluva deal. I was looking at getting a GH3 pkg for $55 plus tax, but this deal kicks the tar out of that.

Only thing stopping me? I just spent over $700 on my car and bought airfare for Christmas vacation.

[quote name='JrHu92']Deal says that it's $120 is there a code or something that drops it down $20?[/QUOTE]

B1G1FREE

it's in the first post. there's a box to enter it on the last page before placing your order.

[quote name='blue ocarina']B1G1FREE

it's in the first post. there's a box to enter it on the last page before placing your order.[/quote]

Not working

[quote name='rmb']Not working[/quote]
it does work i just ordered mine 5 minutes ago it gives u 20 dollar discount

[quote name='blue ocarina']B1G1FREE

it's in the first post. there's a box to enter it on the last page before placing your order.[/quote]

[quote name='rmb']Not working[/quote]

[quote name='iTz Spooky']it does work i just ordered mine 5 minutes ago it gives u 20 dollar discount[/quote]

There is a box for gift certificates - do not enter the code there. Later in the process is the box for coupon codes.

Wow. I've been largely ignoring all the Guitar Hero games, but this is very tempting. Basically 3 and 4 with 2 wireless guitars for the price of 4.

Damn...

[quote name='guessed']There is a box for gift certificates - do not enter the code there. Later in the process is the box for coupon codes.[/quote]
duh i dont know y u quoted me i said that the code does work...:whistle2:s

[quote name='iTz Spooky']duh i dont know y u quoted me i said that the code does work...:whistle2:s[/quote]

I quoted you as confirmation that it still works. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

[quote name='guessed']I quoted you as confirmation that it still works. Sorry if that wasn't clear.[/QUOTE]

I'm quoting you to jump on the "quoting" bandwagon :D.

And the copy of GHIII they are sending me as a show of goodwill shipped today! As soon as Rock Band 1 comes from Goozex, I'll have all the major rhythm games from Harmonix and Activision (GH1, 2, 3, Entore, World Tour, On Tour, Rock Band 1, 2, AC/DC Live Track Pack) except On Tour: Decades (which just came out) and Rock Revolution, which I'll pick up when it's SUPER cheap. It already dropped to $29.99 new and $14.99 used at GameStop.

Now I still need to figure out what to do with the extra Les Paul from this deal. I'm keeping the World Tour guitar and the RB2 guitar so I have at least one guitar from both World Tour and RB2.

[quote name='MasterSun1']I'm quoting you to jump on the "quoting" bandwagon :D.

And the copy of GHIII they are sending me as a show of goodwill shipped today! As soon as Rock Band 1 comes from Goozex, I'll have all the major rhythm games from Harmonix and Activision (GH1, 2, 3, Entore, World Tour, On Tour, Rock Band 1, 2, AC/DC Live Track Pack) except On Tour: Decades (which just came out) and Rock Revolution, which I'll pick up when it's SUPER cheap. It already dropped to $29.99 new and $14.99 used at GameStop.

Now I still need to figure out what to do with the extra Les Paul from this deal. I'm keeping the World Tour guitar and the RB2 guitar so I have at least one guitar from both World Tour and RB2.[/quote]

I know the Rock Revolution is rated as bad but I was wandering if you knew anyone who had it and whether it is worth $15 used?

Anyone know the deal on the faceplates that RedOctane sells? They are only $6 and there's some neat designs.

They are listed for GH Les Paul 360/PS3 guitars. Obviously they will fit the GHIII Les Paul, does World Tour use the same guitar design or will the faceplates not fit?

got my package (360) yesterday...popped in GH:WT....put batteries in the guitar....and the controller is broken!!!!!!!!!!

something is rattling inside the bottom piece, and the blue/orange frets dont work...

RMA...sigh..

and a couple days ago i picked up Alone in the dark for 6.xx via gamefly..and my xbox wont read the disc... DOH!!

[quote name='BigPopov']Anyone know the deal on the faceplates that RedOctane sells? They are only $6 and there's some neat designs.

They are listed for GH Les Paul 360/PS3 guitars. Obviously they will fit the GHIII Les Paul, does World Tour use the same guitar design or will the faceplates not fit?[/quote]

The face plates will not fit the new guitar as it is a different design. The only thing I have seen so far for the new guitar is a removable stickter that covers approx 60% of the face of the guitar.

I bought 2 of the $6 faceplaces for my Les Paul as I had free shipping since I bought the bundle. If you do not have free shipping they charge you over $6 shipping if I remember correctly.

Thanks man, got the bundle and a Jolly Roger faceplate. Guess I'll have to wait if they ever come out with WT stuff.

Guess I got to be on the prowl for a mic/drums.

Ordered mine this morning! By selling my 360 copies of GH II and GH III bundles and my Strat for the PS3 rockband, I can now actually have 2 guitars, 1 drums, and 1 mic that will work with everything!!!!!

Is this deal still working?

Should i try to get it or wait until later in december/january? (i want it by end of january...and deals involving GH3 are just bonus, i rele just want WT and guitars)

[quote name='Shadowboi']Is this deal still working?

Should i try to get it or wait until later in december/january? (i want it by end of january...and deals involving GH3 are just bonus, i rele just want WT and guitars)[/quote]

As of 1:15 today, yes, it still works.

Priced dropped another $20 so even greater deal. Too bad my order from Amazon shipped already. Another $20 for GH3 and Les Paul would have been nice.

Edit: oops..it's only with one extra guitar and no GH3 game.

Should i try to get it or wait until later in december/january? (i want it by end of january...and deals involving GH3 are just bonus, i rele just want WT and guitars)[/quote]

According to the OP,

Deal goes until December 31, 2009.

That said, I bought one on Monday. It's going to get to me on Saturday it looks like.

[quote name='rapsodist']I would probably get in on this if it weren't for all the bad reviews of the World Tour guitar's build quality.[/quote]

same here.... anyone here have a good experience with them???

[quote name='francostein']same here.... anyone here have a good experience with them???[/quote]

The guitar works fine... not sure about the drum since I just use the RB drums. The GH3 bundle can be sold easily for $ 50.

I really like the world tour guitar. It is the closest feel to a real guitar. The whammy bar sticks out almost too far for me, but it is by far the nicest of the guitar hero guitars.

The instruments themselves, when working, are fine. The only issue is if you happen to get one with problems. So buy at your own risk. The only accessories I ever had flake out on me were the Memory Paks for N64 made by Mad Catz and Memory Cards for PS2 made by Mad Catz.

I got an early release of the first GH guitar (B&W gibson SG) and the star power doesn't activate (other then using the button).
My second GH2 guitar (red gibson SG) The whammy bar broke.

The Kramer has held up as well as the GH3 guitar, but they probably only have about 3 hours of use each.

Yes, the deal is still on!

bread's done
Back