GHIII Bundles @ Deep Discount - 360/PS3 $88, Wii/PS2 $78

Now that the difference isn't as much anymore, I'm going to keep my order with Red Octane.

I want (and will use) the dual gig bag which normally runs $25, so it's worth it for me. The other free stuff is just gravy.

I ordered both Guitar Hero I and II from Red Octane, and got the games right away within a day or two of release with no problems. And they were packed well... they didn't just slap a shipping label on the box.

Well, $77 is obviously 77% of MSRP, and 77% of a regular $60 game would be $46.20, and they have a lot of upcoming games for like $48, so it's not that big of a difference %-wise.

If you preorder DVDs you will usually get them a week after release date as they ship MM for free , average to me is 7 days and they tend to ship ON release day or the day after.

[quote name='apocrypha']If you preorder DVDs you will usually get them a week after release date as they ship MM for free , average to me is 7 days and they tend to ship ON release day or the day after.[/quote]
For $77, I'll take my chances. ;)

[quote name='Justin42']I just wish the PS3 controllers had worked on GHI/II/80s, would've totally gotten that one instead.[/QUOTE]

Who says they aren't? GH is the only thing stopping me from ditching my fucking PS2.

Now it's $88.99. I'm gonna stick with Red Octane on this one. Still dunno if it should be the Wii or the PS2 version.. and wished they'd get the Elite packs back.

If DD had it back at $69, that would be great! or $77.. I might just switch over then..

[quote name='Dacoops3']Who says they aren't? GH is the only thing stopping me from ditching my fucking PS2.[/QUOTE]

http://forum.guitarherogame.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=29097

3. How is the functionality of the PS3 Les Paul wireless for the older Guitar Hero games (released on PS2)?

Correction: The new PS3 Les Paul wireless controller will NOT work at all with any of the Playstation2 Guitar Hero titles when played on the PS3. We suggest that you keep your PS2 console around to play the older PS2 Guitar Hero games. Using a PS2-to-PS3 USB adapter, GH1 will work on the PS3 using either the SG or the original PS2 wireless guitar.

:(

I know it was heavenly rumored to be the case and it is finally good to have confirmation, even if the confirmation sucks balls.

These comapnies sure are making it hard to buy a multiplatform game for the PS3. Had they all been BC, the PS3 would have had a sale from me. At least you can play GHII on the 360 with your new guitar. 360 version it will be for me.

I'm a bigger fan of the PS3 than I am of the 360...but when GH2 came out, I sold my GH2 for the PS2 along with the PS2 (for $150) and purchased GH2 for the 360. Now, b/c I already have one guitar, I purchased GH3 for the 360 as well.

[quote name='OtherAdam']anyone's order ship yet?[/QUOTE]

It doesn't even release for another week or so, the earliest it would ship (from them, not arriving anywhere) would be the 29th, be patient.

i ordered halo 3 controllers from them on sep 6, they arrived at my house oct 17. This should give you an idea how damn slow they are lol

[quote name='dethsesh']i ordered halo 3 controllers from them on sep 6, they arrived at my house oct 17. This should give you an idea how damn slow they are lol[/quote]

There was also a huge backorder with them.. With DeepDiscount, they ship free, but media Mail, so it takes a week or so usually... Kinda sucky, but free none the less..

[quote name='Ledhed']It doesn't even release for another week or so, the earliest it would ship (from them, not arriving anywhere) would be the 29th, be patient.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I guess I can't expect their game division to be as quick as their dvds. They usually ship dvds early so that they get to your house on or around release date. It says that in the pre-order page for my GH3 order also, but I guess I can't expect them to ship it in time for street date.

thanks op im in for a 360 version

Considering i was looking at the $60 disc only version, i think i can add the extra $23 to get a second guitar

i ordered mine (the 360 bundled w/guitar) at $77, still shows up as "pre-order", should I be scared?

I'm picking up my GS pre-order today - will I be able to return the bundle I get from Deep Discount to GS (the more expensive bundle, obviously)?

Dude. GH3 PS2 game only for $43.99. Wow.

Also, if you want, you can choose Priority / Expedited shipping for five bucks more. If you buy more than one item, it's a good deal.

bad news for those that ordered last week (I ordered on 10/24). I just got an email from deepdiscount

Thank you for contacting DeepDiscount.com!

Our records indicate that the order item XBOX 360: GUITAR HERO 3 BUNDLE is out of stock. Our expected date of arrival is on 11/08/07.

We apologize for this delay and will ship this item as soon as it arrives into stock.

This sucks... i just cancelled my pre-order. If I wait, it will be the middle of November before I get to shred.

[quote name='doodoobrown']bad news for those that ordered last week (I ordered on 10/24). I just got an email from deepdiscount

Thank you for contacting DeepDiscount.com!

Our records indicate that the order item XBOX 360: GUITAR HERO 3 BUNDLE is out of stock. Our expected date of arrival is on 11/08/07.

We apologize for this delay and will ship this item as soon as it arrives into stock.

This sucks... i just cancelled my pre-order. If I wait, it will be the middle of November before I get to shred.[/quote]

I cancelled mine too. This always happens with DDD.com I hate their poor service. I thought it would have shipped by today... oh well

Received no e-mail about it, but apparently DD.com did not get them in yet, and do not expect to ship them out until November 9th. Just called them to confirm and its true.

Being as I got in on the price "glitch"/whatever when the Wii version was $69, I think I'll let it ride for a while longer, unless I see a fairly close price...

I'll just twiddle my thumbs to build up the muscles or something. ;)

[quote name='snoopcogg']I cancelled mine too. This always happens with DDD.com I hate their poor service. I thought it would have shipped by today... oh well[/QUOTE]
What poor service? You can either hold out and get it for 25% off in about 2 weeks, or call and cancel in about a minute. Not exactly like pulling teeth.

Yeah. I cancelled, and got Circuit City to PM the CompUSA 89.99 price instead. I got a free guitar stand with it! Also, the girl at CC messed up the ticket and I ended up getting GHIII for 360 for 79.50 after tax! I

[quote name='Thebostonrag']Yeah. I cancelled, and got Circuit City to PM the CompUSA 89.99 price instead. I got a free guitar stand with it! Also, the girl at CC messed up the ticket and I ended up getting GHIII for 360 for 79.50 after tax! I

Uhm, the Wii version is listed as "No longer available" and only the PS2 bundle remains on the website (no PS3 or Xbox360). Anyone know what's going on?

I called them today about the Xbox 360 version that I pre-ordered, and they said they had a delay in getting their shipment. They said that they will receive them on the 17th and will ship them on Monday the 19th.

Yep, was told the Wii version will ship around the 17-19th timeframe as well.

In a way, I don't care, the hype's kinda died down. As long as I get Rock Band in a timely manner (not from DD!) all will be good.

[quote name='spicymchaggis182']I called them today about the Xbox 360 version that I pre-ordered, and they said they had a delay in getting their shipment. They said that they will receive them on the 17th and will ship them on Monday the 19th.[/QUOTE]
Wow, get the game almost a month after release. To some that might be worth saving around $30 (I had a preorder through DD for $77 but cancelled it).

So wait... let me verify this please... this isnt even shipping until the 17th-19th? Where the **** is our emails explaining this... why the ****** customer service on this... im tempted to cancel but part of me has already waited this long... but its sad that a game that I ordered and expected to be here SOMEWHERE around release... wont get here til almost a month after release. Plus I will probably have Rock Band here before GH 3, so there goes the playability factor in GH 3.

Does deep discount ever offer a percentage off if something happens in their error to make it this far off or no... the freakin order still says pre-order for cryin out loud...

Better off just cancelling or what..

[quote name='BigMastadon']So wait... let me verify this please... this isnt even shipping until the 17th-19th? Where the **** is our emails explaining this... why the ****** customer service on this... im tempted to cancel but part of me has already waited this long... but its sad that a game that I ordered and expected to be here SOMEWHERE around release... wont get here til almost a month after release. Plus I will probably have Rock Band here before GH 3, so there goes the playability factor in GH 3.

Does deep discount ever offer a percentage off if something happens in their error to make it this far off or no... the freakin order still says pre-order for cryin out loud...

Better off just cancelling or what..[/quote]
Just cancel and send them a message with your $$ like I did. Besides, like you said, you'll have Rock Band soon enough to keep you busy.

This is delayed til 12/01...I'm tempted to cancel my order b/c that what they seem to want to happen. I'm in no rush to play the game yet.

Well, my order was cancelled because I had some fraud on the CC I put it on, so I got a replacement with of course different numbers, and forgot to tell DD of the change...probably for the better, since while I planned on selling it to my brother in law, I'd just assume not hassle with it at this point, with Rock Band and all the other games I have on my plate.

DD is great for DVDs, but I won't use them again for any games I want in any sort of timely manner.

I ended up cancelling my Wii GH3 order as I was able to get it as part of the TrU B2G1 sale (with 20% off GH) which brought it to about the same price.

In general, I've never had any issues with DD but this one was a bit worrisome, although GH3 is in high enough demand I bet they just couldn't secure the stock.

But it was no problems cancelling, and I got it for within $4 of the DD price, so no harm, no foul...

bread's done
Back