Ghost in the Shell (PSX) PO $16 shipped at EBgames

"Guaranteed to work. May not include instructions and original packaging."

I found it in mint shape at a pawn shop for $6 a few months back. The anime cutscenes are great and the gameplay is actually really good. (Something about it reminds me heavily of Mech Assault.)

This game is pretty sweet - I've owned it since it came out and still break it out every now and then.

Gah, this is another game I bought years ago and have yet to play. I'll have to bust it out and play it soon.

If you ever get a chance the Japanese version is MUCH better. It had Analog Controller support.

This was the ORIGINAL psx analog controller before the "dual shock" version.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']my uncle had it, it was pretty BLAH, and it had nothing to do with the movie (outside the few cutscenes).[/quote]

It was actually based more on the manga, which focused much more on those Fujikura 1-person tanks. The movie, as well-done as it was, was actually a bit of a departure from the manga. Since it's what becamse well-known here in the states, though, it's what everyone compares the game against.

I think the game would have been based more on the movie, if it'd been designed primarily for americans

Yo, this is a bit off the subject of the deal, just a comment on the game. It's a fun game, but if you, like me, get car-sick easily, you might want to pass on this game. I got a bit nauseated from playing it a few times. I never yacked, but it definitely had to pause the game and stick my head out the living room window for some fresh air before I could continue.

[quote name='drmuerto']Yo, this is a bit off the subject of the deal, just a comment on the game. It's a fun game, but if you, like me, get car-sick easily, you might want to pass on this game. I got a bit nauseated from playing it a few times. I never yacked, but it definitely had to pause the game and stick my head out the living room window for some fresh air before I could continue.[/quote]

LMAO, out of 20 years of gaming, I've only gotten motion sickness once off of a video game...and that was only because I had 8 shots of vodka before I started playing. And it took Panzer Dragoon Orta to do me in. :lol:

I bought it at a video rental store quite a few years back and both me and my friend (who I loaned it to a time or two) really liked it. The cutscenes were well done and exciting, the controls were spot on, the music was hella good on some levels (I actually considered getting the soundtrack), and the gameplay was simple, but was a blast nonetheless. Plenty of shooting, bombing, missle launching, crawling on walls and ceilings, and jumping from building to building to be found in this one. The graphics aint bad either, plus there's a lot of stuff to unlock. Good game through and through.

I would reccomend it 8) .

bread's done
Back