Ghost in the Shell: SAC $19.99 New EBgames.com/BestBuy.com

Morpheus

CAGiversary!
[quote name='pimp tyranny']nice deal

was the GS deal cheaper?[/QUOTE]

No, just a price drop down to $20. Alot of stores were out of it though.

[quote name='Masterkyo']BB will drop they price end of this week ;)[/QUOTE]

I hope so. If they do, I am returning the copy I got from GS and GGCing it. Sometimes BB is slow to drop prices though. I remember Nightshade didn't get a price drop for the longest time even after it had been pretty cheap for a while.

I just picked it up at Best Buy for $15 after using the $5 off coupon. Not bad.

I have a question, though... What's the story on the two different covers? I can't find any info on it in any press releases or reviews:

ghostshell9kh.jpg

ghostshell5ss.jpg

I bought the bottom one. I'm guessing it's a limited cover, as the background is shiny metallic which the cover on the top doesn't have. They also had a ton of copies with the top cover and only two with the lower. I'm just wondering if anyone knows for sure what the deal is...

I'm a big fan of Ghost in the Shell, so even though it may not be the best game ever, it's worth it to me to pick up for $15.

That said, most of the negative comments in the reviews seem to be around the fact that its not very long, and the difficulty isn't very hard. I actually like games that are on the shorter side because I don't have a lot of free time, so this isn't really a negative for me. I seem to remember that you can unlock harder difficulty modes, so that may not be a problem either.

Yeah, I saw that and I'm glad to hear that. I absolutely loved the demo to Ghost in the Shell: SAC, so I'm definitely getting this. The EB by my college doesn't have it, so I'm just going to get it when I go home this weekend. I'm glad I can get it at EB, since I don't like Gamestop.

[quote name='heavy liquid']I just picked it up at Best Buy for $15 after using the $5 off coupon. Not bad.

I have a question, though... What's the story on the two different covers? I can't find any info on it in any press releases or reviews:

ghostshell9kh.jpg

ghostshell5ss.jpg

I bought the bottom one. I'm guessing it's a limited cover, as the background is shiny metallic which the cover on the top doesn't have. They also had a ton of copies with the top cover and only two with the lower. I'm just wondering if anyone knows for sure what the deal is...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't know whats up with that. All I know is that I got the ugly cover. :(

-Morpheus

Bandai made Ghost In The Shell:SAG as a dual cover, so just check your cover insert and decide on which one you like the best. Most dual covers are done for anime, but more recent games (God Of War, Stella Deus) also have them as well

[quote name='Joe Fongul']Bandai made Ghost In The Shell:SAG as a dual cover, so just check your cover insert and decide on which one you like the best. Most dual covers are done for anime, but more recent games (God Of War, Stella Deus) also have them as well[/QUOTE]

I just checked my copy and it has the other cover on the other side. Cool. How did you find this out? Thanks for the info.

-Morpheus

[quote name='Morpheus']I just checked my copy and it has the other cover on the other side. Cool. How did you find this out? Thanks for the info.

-Morpheus[/QUOTE]

There was a thread on alternative cover art and dual cover art in another forum (Gaming Age I believe) Some Japanese magazines have inserts that feature authentic replacement covers for certain games. Famitsu PS2 has them in their magazine every now and then (most recent one that I have is one for Radiata Stories and also a Dragon Quest VIII cover) along with memory card stickers in every issue as well. Copies of a recent newsstand issue of EGM had some alternative cover art as well (but it didn't have both the front and back sides...boo!)

Growlanser also has the double cover. The japanese version of ulimate saga actually has 8 different cover avaible.

bread's done
Back