Ghost Recon 2 or GRAW (on xbox)????

huvabut

CAGiversary!
I'm tired of Halo 2 online and thinking about trying something else out with my firends. From people who have played, which is a better live experience Ghost Recon 2 or Ghost Recon Advanced Warrior for the xbox (not 360)? Once I get a 360 I want GRAW but I've read spotty reviews on the xbox version.

Brothers in Arms. Forget Ghost Recon and play a game that provides the opportunity to use your brain and fast twitch reflexes.

I actually like Ghost Recon 2: Summit Strike's multiplayer and co-op modes better than Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter -- not to say that G.R.A.W. is a bad game, by any means.

I thought Brothers in Arms was garbage online. Never tried the second one on Live, as the first one left a bitter taste in my mouth.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I have the first brothers in arms. I like the single player well enough but I'm not sure my friends would totally dig that style and pace of it for online play. We may give summit strike a try. Really if we all had 360s we'd all just get GRAW but I guess for now GR2 sounds pretty good.

I havent played either version of GRAW, but Ive read that the reg Xbox version is pretty dumbed down compared to the 360 version. Its clear that the game was designed for the 360, and features removed until it worked on the xbox.

I think you'd be better off with another game that was originally designed to work on the xbox hardware.

[quote name='Brak']I actually like Ghost Recon 2: Summit Strike's multiplayer and co-op modes better than Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter [/QUOTE]

How many people can play co-op with Summit Strike? Just 2? or more?

[quote name='huvabut']How many people can play co-op with Summit Strike? Just 2? or more?[/QUOTE]

I have GR2, not summit strike, and I haven't tried the ghetto xbox verion of GRAW. But GR2 is absurdly fun.

[quote name='Brak']I actually like Ghost Recon 2: Summit Strike's multiplayer and co-op modes better than Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter -- not to say that G.R.A.W. is a bad game, by any means.

I thought Brothers in Arms was garbage online. Never tried the second one on Live, as the first one left a bitter taste in my mouth.[/quote]

I like it because it's not a big race to the rocket launcher and it has some strategy involved. Most kills doesn't win a match, it's who can accomplish their mission objective. I found it's the closest thing to combat that you can get on a console. You also get a nice tactical map of the battlefield. I thought it was clever you could stay concealed on that map if you stayed crouched. The trade off of course is the lack of speed it gives you. I guess I got really lucky because my best friend picked it up at the same time and we just stuck together. By the time the second game dropped, we knew that back forwards and backwards. I'm still loving the second game. I'll leave you guys to your Ghost Recon now.

bread's done
Back