Ghost Recon: Future Soldier thread

[quote name='dirtyvu']now I know not to trust your opinion if you didn't have fun with any COD games...[/QUOTE]

When did I say that? You must know all about me. Why would you "trust" someone's opinion in the first place?

Tried the beta a few days back, had alot of problems getting into a match but managed to a couple of times. It's okay, never really been into the Ghost Recon games, more of a Rainbow Six guy so i'll just wait for that.

I tried again last night and was still getting constantly disconnected.
The few times I was able to play it was still fun but flawed.

Played GRAW2 for the lulz to just to compare...

I didn't notice these keys when I got my beta key from Ubisoft (I preordered and also had SC:C)

Anyone feel free to use them. Beta ends on May 2nd, so make it snappy!

TGPY7-MRM67-HTJ6T-26QMP-3CVWZ
CYJF2-XK629-92V6H-9H7CJ-7TMKZ
6DHX2-2HXFT-YGMJJ-9C4VT-Y9DDZ

Too bad this is releasing so close to Max Payne. Then again, I never buy Ubisoft games early because they tend to drop like a rock. Fry's had GRAW2 for $35 at launch, I would be awfully tempted by this if it hit that price cause I've missed the ghost gameplay.

Still on the fence on this one. Liked the GR of the old. And I would like a new Co op game to play... But not sure if its worth my $$. Or if something better is coming out soon ( Borderlands 2 still a ways away). Missed the beta. :cry:

Really enjoy the Multi player game play. Got pin down, then the wind kicked and made a sand storm which gave me cover to move without being seen.

I had been hesitant to get Future Soldier 'cause I heard about lag issues, matchmaking problems, and a bunch of people voicing their displeasure with the online multiplayer. Fortunately, I've had no issues and am thoroughly enjoying the multi.

I'm a big fan of third-person shooters. (I'll also be getting Spec Ops: The Line at the end of June.) This game is surprisingly a.) tactical, b.) well-developed, and c.) fun.

Few areas I'd improve. The loadout interface is clunky like the Battlefield games (whereas the interface in the Call of Duty games is quick and more accessible). I had to place a Google search to find how to access the leaderboard area—which itself could be more detailed with more options. In the Seige (Search and Destroy) mode, I'm unsure if they tell you who's left in the round and the spectator option is basically staring at dots on the minimap. And, in general, the game is a little ugly, textually, and could use more color.

Overall, I'm impressed. There are a lot of loadout options, and the guns have good weight and do a fair amount of damage. The multi is paced more "I should probably cautiously navigate my route and use the well-developed cover system" than "OMG A.D.D. RUN N GUN." I do well in both types of games, but Future Soldier is a nice change of pace. (Plus, I'm just bored of the FPS genre.) Competitive multi comes with ten maps and four different game modes. (I'm loving that there is no TDM.) And the Squads area is reminiscent to the clan stuff that is accessible in the Call of Duty Elite app—but unlike the Elite app, you don't need to exit the game and load a different app.

Neatest thing to happen in a match: Enemy team had a pretty decent sniper taking out our dudes. I had just added a new trigger that decreased time between shots and shot the sniper and a teammate that spawned on him. The neat part was that, on the Wet Works styled map, he gave away his position because I could see the steam from his breath. Lots of detail in this game.

In short: A surprisingly enjoyable game that implores players to work as a team and use a slower-paced methodology that could have used prettier menus with better textures.

[quote name='Chase']I had been hesitant to get Future Soldier 'cause I heard about lag issues, matchmaking problems, and a bunch of people voicing their displeasure with the online multiplayer. Fortunately, I've had no issues and am thoroughly enjoying the multi.

I'm a big fan of third-person shooters. (I'll also be getting Spec Ops: The Line at the end of June.) This game is surprisingly a.) tactical, b.) well-developed, and c.) fun.

Few areas I'd improve. The loadout interface is clunky like the Battlefield games (whereas the interface in the Call of Duty games is quick and more accessible). I had to place a Google search to find how to access the leaderboard area—which itself could be more detailed with more options. In the Seige (Search and Destroy) mode, I'm unsure if they tell you who's left in the round and the spectator option is basically staring at dots on the minimap. And, in general, the game is a little ugly, textually, and could use more color.

Overall, I'm impressed. There are a lot of loadout options, and the guns have good weight and do a fair amount of damage. The multi is paced more "I should probably cautiously navigate my route and use the well-developed cover system" than "OMG A.D.D. RUN N GUN." I do well in both types of games, but Future Soldier is a nice change of pace. (Plus, I'm just bored of the FPS genre.) Competitive multi comes with ten maps and four different game modes. (I'm loving that there is no TDM.) And the Squads area is reminiscent to the clan stuff that is accessible in the Call of Duty Elite app—but unlike the Elite app, you don't need to exit the game and load a different app.

Neatest thing to happen in a match: Enemy team had a pretty decent sniper taking out our dudes. I had just added a new trigger that decreased time between shots and shot the sniper and a teammate that spawned on him. The neat part was that, on the Wet Works styled map, he gave away his position because I could see the steam from his breath. Lots of detail in this game.

In short: A surprisingly enjoyable game that implores players to work as a team and use a slower-paced methodology that could have used prettier menus with better textures.[/QUOTE]

This just made me Want to get this game. Hopefully there will be a $40 sale soon.

I didn't buy it mainly because the 3rd person camera didn't appeal to me. I just had trouble seeing things that I wouldn't in a game like Gow2 or 3.

Maybe the gameplya is fun for you all, but if I can't see what I'm playing then it's just not good for me.

Do not buy this game...I have it..I hate it. Its the first time I have been truly burned on a game in a long time....its not tactical enough to be a tactics game its not COD enough to be a run and gun game.

Its not a bad game...its just not good....its extremely mediocre and bland...I just finished the SP and played about 5 hours of MP and I cant wait to get rid of the thing.

Just remember, folks: Try things for yourself. Positive or negative reviews aside, it's almost always best to learn your own opinion. I'm unaware if Redbox has Future Soldier, and of Redbox's prices, but it's at least worth a two-dollar(?) rental.

Just tossing this video in here because it's surprisingly eloquent and unbiased. (No idea who the person is who did the review, but I subscribed after watching his review.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWjBrycuaRc

I fixed the OP since the game has been out a little while now.

I also rented it... enjoyed it (for the campaign/Guerrilla), and ended up buying it from GoHastings.

Definitely need some people to co-op with. I don't know how much MP I'll be playing.

I've been enjoying it except for the occasional lag and disconnection problems. I didn't really like the beta, though, so I was surprised at how much I ended up liking the final game.

I'm going to play this game eventually, just waiting for the inevitable Ubisoft price cut. Guerrilla mode has me interested (as I've still not played my copy of GRAW 2).

[quote name='not2worried']Really enjoy the game. But wont let me do co-op with a buddy. Get host using content you have not downloaded. But using the same content.[/QUOTE]

I looked into this. Has either of you gotten something off UPlay that the other hasn't? (I.E. the M60/RPK and/or the Rooftops map)

Why would that be an issue? I have no idea. It would be stupid. But I didn't make the game. :whistle2:#

Edit: Here's Ubisoft's FAQ on this issue. Basically says the same thing, namely regarding Rooftops.

Edit 2: Others are saying that doesn't necessarily work. Another fix, found by gamers, is to dashboard -> delete/re-download UPlay Passport or delete your cache from your hard drive/save device, and try again.

[quote name='Rhett']

Edit: Here's Ubisoft's FAQ on this issue. Basically says the same thing, namely regarding Rooftops.

Edit 2: Others are saying that doesn't necessarily work. Another fix, found by gamers, is to dashboard -> delete/re-download UPlay Passport or delete your cache from your hard drive/save device, and try again.[/QUOTE

Might give that a try. Thanks

Guerrilla Mode is frustrating... I'm disappointed in it because I'd rather have T-hunt like in RSV. They really messed up not including it... :\

:sigh: Is it Jan 1st yet...?

I suppose I'm enjoying the campaign though, it's to my liking for the most part.

I got a few questions about this game :

How many people can play coop together?

How many missions/how long is the coop campaign mode?

Are there many achievements associated with coop campaign mode?

Is coop even that good?considering that's one of my main reasons for buying.

How many people can play coop together? 4 player online

How many missions/how long is the coop campaign mode? about 10-12 hours
Plus Gorilla mode... add a few hours there easily.

A few I believe, but not many.

Co op is the main reason me and a buddy bought this game.

[quote name='not2worried']How many people can play coop together? 4 player online

How many missions/how long is the coop campaign mode? about 10-12 hours
Plus Gorilla mode... add a few hours there easily.

A few I believe, but not many.

Co op is the main reason me and a buddy bought this game.[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much. I think this is enough info for me to buy it this week at Best Buy. Assassins Creed for free is a really nice bonus.

The more I play this game and the more I encounter untactical shit the more I hate the gears of war controls... What are game developers thinking with some of this shit... ? Christ.

bread's done
Back