Ghost Recon Online

hustletron

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
Didn't see a thread for it here though I could have sworn there was one, maybe on a different board.

Apply for the GRO Beta

I got my invite to the Friends and Family closed beta yesterday and am downloading/installing, I think a few people may have signed up from CAG so if you did check your email.

There is an NDA you have to agree to and a 1.55 Gig download/install.

You need a Ubisoft uPlay account in order to sign up/participate.

It is a FRIENDS AND FAMILY TEST, not open beta.

Server Hours of Operation:
10/11-10/17

• PDT (SFO) Time: 4pm-10pm
  • EDT (MTL) Time: 7pm-1am

Not sure if this link is dependent on if you got invited or not but here it is anyway: GRO Beta FAQ

Minimum Configuration:
Supported OS: Windows XP (32-64 bit) / Windows Vista (32-64 bit) / Windows 7 (32-64 bit)
Processor: 2.6 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
RAM: 3 GB
Video Card: 256 MB DirectX 9.0-compliant card with Shader Model 3.0 or higher (*see supported list)
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0-compliant sound card
Peripherals Supported: Keyboard, mouse, optional controller

Recommended Configuration:
Supported OS: Windows 7 (32-64 bit)
Processor: 2.5 GHz Intel Quad Core 2 Duo or 2.4 GHz Intel i3/i5/i7 or better
RAM: 3 GB
Video Card: 1 GB Geforce GTS 250 or better
Sound Card: 5.1 sound card
Peripherals: Keyboard, mouse

Supported Video Cards at Time of Release:
ATI RADEON X1000 / HD 2000/3000/4000/5000/6000 series
NVIDIA GeForce 8800/9/100/200/300/400/500 series

Most people in the US are getting three beta keys now to give away to friends. Does anyone have an extra key to share? I'm wanting to check this out.

I covered this in my thread 2x. The keys are already out but I already gave mine out to rl friends. You can also get a key for doing the sys req test from the email for a total of 4.

Also the link provided in the OP is UK only. Below is some screenshots and article with the US link.

[quote name='Megazell']
Up And Coming Freeware Games

Ghost Recon Online

PC Gamer - Ghost Recon Online preview: hands on with Ubi’s free shooter

Screenshots

ghostrecononlinescreens.jpg

Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjv9ai3is1k

More Info Here - http://ghostrecononline.us.ubi.com/
[/QUOTE]

I did a search for "ghost recon online" under pc games & pc general discussion. This was the only thread that the search found.

On a side note here's a post from the GRO team on 1-30-2012:

Hi Ghosts!

We know a lot of people want to be a part of Ghost Recon Online Beta. However, we are still in a stage where we're improving our services. We're making sure that as we open our doors to more gamers, we'll be delivering a top-quality game to everyone.

We'll gradually give out more keys in the next couple of weeks. We ask for your patience because we do want you to experience the game we are so proud to have developed for you.

You can be updated with the latest news by joining us in Facebook and in Twitter.

The GRO Team

I'm FPS-out for the next few weeks if anyone would like a key PM me.

Well, I'm uninstalling this POS. I know its beta, but the game looks and plays like dogshit. Guns flail all over with insane recoil, you cant bind thumb buttons on mice, the graphics are some of the worst of seen in a game in the last 10 years, it takes forever to find a game, oh, and this is what iron-sighting looks like

qx6xas.png

Just a gun shoved out into the middle of your screen, it looks ridiculous. Also, as you can see, they blatantly stole the HS logo from CS. If Blacklight is what they're trying to compete with, they stand zero chance. Just an awful attempt at a game. I know it's beta, but at least put out something that actually functions, Christ.

bread's done
Back