Ghost Trick (DS) $12 (Sold Out), Conduit 2 (Wii) $15 at Newegg

If you haven't picked up Ghost Trick yet, do it now.
It's a must for anyone with a DS. The storytelling will blow you away.

Argh...I should have waited on Ghost Trick. I bought that on practically day one because I thought I couldn't be able find a copy. (Only Gamestop and Toys R Us were the only stores that carried it in my neighborhood).

Never played either of the Conduit games, do I need to have played the first game in order to understand everything in the second game?

Ghost Trick is an amazing experience, overall. Don't look up spoilers though, the plot twists in the game are what make it so awesome, heh.

Edit: OH! And thanks so much OP!

Last edited by a moderator:
I read a lot of good reviews on Ghost Trick , but been awhile since i had touched my DS Lite...very tempted, this game looks will be rare in a future....

[quote name='ArthurDayne']Thanks. I had it in my Amazon cart for weeks when it was 14-15, but never bought before the price spike.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I did the same thing. I was kicking myself when the price went up so I ordered it instantly when I saw this price.

It's worth noting that Ghost Trick is also on iOS now too if anyone would rather have it on that. I think it's $9.99 for the whole thing or you can buy the chapters individually.

[quote name='YONKE']I read a lot of good reviews on Ghost Trick , but been awhile since i had touched my DS Lite...very tempted, this game looks will be rare in a future....[/QUOTE]

According to Wiki Ghost Trick was released in the NA region on Jan 11, 2001. I'd imagine if a game was to be ever labeled rare, more than one year after its release would not be the time. On top of that, the iOS release would ensure that you wouldn't have a hard time finding the game. I think buying a game solely based on the possibility that'll be rare would be an unwise decision.

Great find, Sabanoo. Tempted to pick up GT but still trying to work through my backlog, hopefully it'll sell out before I make a decision.

[quote name='Jon7']It's worth noting that Ghost Trick is also on iOS now too if anyone would rather have it on that. I think it's $9.99 for the whole thing or you can buy the chapters individually.[/QUOTE]

yeah, first two chapters are free.

[quote name='Sway']According to Wiki Ghost Trick was released in the NA region on Jan 11, 2001. I'd imagine if a game was to be ever labeled rare, more than one year after its release would not be the time. On top of that, the iOS release would ensure that you wouldn't have a hard time finding the game. I think buying a game solely based on the possibility that'll be rare would be an unwise decision.

Great find, Sabanoo. Tempted to pick up GT but still trying to work through my backlog, hopefully it'll sell out before I make a decision.[/QUOTE]

good point about getting it just for the rare possibility, i don't have in mind getting any ios device at the moment so i think the only way i can play it is on my dusty DS lite, just bite on GT. I think this will be the last DS game i get.......

This is going to be soooo n00bish, but bare with me.

Newegg has no hidden or surprise fees, correct? I've never used their services before, and upon creating an account I got an email stating I'm 'subscribed' to 'Newegg E-blast'. I don't recall checking any boxes, and it seems like typical marketing e-mails, which I'm pretty sure would be free, but I want to be full sure. The Vita was already breaking me, and now I'm doing this. :lol:

[quote name='TheGuardianWolf']This is going to be soooo n00bish, but bare with me.

Newegg has no hidden or surprise fees, correct? I've never used their services before, and upon creating an account I got an email stating I'm 'subscribed' to 'Newegg E-blast'. I don't recall checking any boxes, and it seems like typical marketing e-mails, which I'm pretty sure would be free, but I want to be full sure. The Vita was already breaking me, and now I'm doing this. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Correct, there are no hidden fees.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Argh...I should have waited on Ghost Trick. I bought that on practically day one because I thought I couldn't be able find a copy. (Only Gamestop and Toys R Us were the only stores that carried it in my neighborhood).

Never played either of the Conduit games, do I need to have played the first game in order to understand everything in the second game?[/QUOTE]

Forget playing either Conduit games. Just youtube the ending of Conduit 2 and you'll understand.

Oh and Ghost Trick rocks. I want a pomeranian.

[quote name='hostyl1']Forget playing either Conduit games. Just youtube the ending of Conduit 2 and you'll understand.

Oh and Ghost Trick rocks. I want a pomeranian.[/QUOTE]

Missile's loyalty was freaking epic. :applause:

[quote name='redmangoose']If you haven't picked up Ghost Trick yet, do it now.
It's a must for anyone with a DS. The storytelling will blow you away.[/QUOTE]

^ This.

i got ghost trick using my shoprunner... WTF EST time to get to me FEB 29 that is a week i thought this was 2 day FREE SHIPPING should been here thursday or friday.

[quote name='TheGuardianWolf']This is going to be soooo n00bish, but bare with me.

Newegg has no hidden or surprise fees, correct? I've never used their services before, and upon creating an account I got an email stating I'm 'subscribed' to 'Newegg E-blast'. I don't recall checking any boxes, and it seems like typical marketing e-mails, which I'm pretty sure would be free, but I want to be full sure. The Vita was already breaking me, and now I'm doing this. :lol:[/QUOTE]

You probably just missed it. When I signed up I saw the two boxes for subscription to their ads but I didn't mind. Why not get notified when they have deals

[quote name='Namerson']Couldn't stop myself from getting Ghost Trick at this price. Anyone know how it looks on the 3DS? Worse or really bad?[/QUOTE]

DS games on 3DS look fine. The drop in quality is grossly overstated, and this is coming from someone who has a DSi XL.

I have to troll this thread, sorry. Ghost Trick was just horrible. A wild mess of a story and gameplay that consists of "OK I have 10 seconds to figure out where to move the bicycle. Oh, I failed, now I have to replay that whole scene again and trial-and-error it to the next section."

This game annoyed me to NO end, and I'm glad I gave it away.

So, in short, if you don't like trial and error, don't bother with this game. There's zero gaming skill needed here.

Went ahead and ordered Ghost Trick, although my last order from Newegg purchased over a week ago still isn't here yet.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']And sold out! Of course this happens right when I get home.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Updated the OP/title.

Thanks again OP, and for answering my earlier question, heh.

[quote name='plutoknight']Ghost Trick -- better on iOS or DS? (I know its 'cheaper' on iOS -- all chapters are 9.99)[/QUOTE]

Smaller screen of iOS says I'd go for DS version, personally, if it comes back in. I know there are some naysayers, but I personally feel sure you'll be able to at least get your money back on this game in the future, even opened. Then you can put that toward the iOS version later if you'd like, the price of it on that medium will probably only go down. Actually I'd buy it twice if it went down to half price on iTunes. Personally, to me this is one of those games I adore due to the characters and story so much that I want to own even if I never played it again. But I think I'll play through it again, too. XD The ending is sooo goood, heh.

I wish I could have afforded a second copy to make sure I keep one sealed just in case it goes Ace Attorney 3 and 4 rare, but I just don't have it to spare right now. Knew I'd kick myself later if I didn't at least get one copy though. :lol:

Ghost Trick is sold out? God dammit.

Just the other day Newegg had it for $27.99. Ugh, I don't think there's anywhere else to buy Ghost Trick without paying an arm and a leg. This is very frustrating.

here's hoping ghost trick comes back in stock like the $28 xbox360 portal 2 in the next couple of days. I should have bought at amazon when they had it for $15 last summer or fall

Ghost Trick and the Phoenix Wright, two series I wish I could forget so I could replay all over again.

The music is so fantastic. You'll notice a lot of similarities to the Phoenix Wright music since the same creator is responsible for Ghost Trick.

bread's done
Back