Ghost Trick & Phoenix Wright Bundle $39.99 @ Capcom Store

xRemnant

CAGiversary!
Hello!

I know this was posted a while ago before it went backorder. I tried tracking down the original thread holder but alas no luck. In order to not keep the deal just to those of us who been known about it prior to the backorder, I'm posting it up.

Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective and Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney are being sold as a Bundle at Capcom Store.

http://shop.capcom.com/store/capcomus/en_US/pd/productID.221289300?resid=TS63HAoBAlUAAG71JpgAAAAJ&rests=1294934137589

Normally each game goes for about ~$28 each. With the bundle can get both about $42 shipped if you use discount code THANKYOUTEN

Both great games with high review, worth it for any DS owner. Enjoy and happy gaming.

Update: Thanks ssjmichael for finding the original threads two post below and to Lithiumpowered for being the original OP.

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone's JUST interested in Phoenix Wright let me know. Maybe we could work out something where we each get the game we want for a smidge over 20 bucks since I'm only interested in Ghost Trick..

Wow, I just noticed the Ace Attorney is back in stock at Amazon. They've been OOS/OOP forever. I'm thinking Capcom reprinted it, which is why they have them available with these Ghost Trick bundles.

[quote name='xRemnant']Thanks for finding the threads. Can you tell me how you did it? I tried using the search ghost trick and phoenix wright and could not find it.[/QUOTE]

I just searched Ghost trick and saw them. It's not really a big deal though :)

[quote name='ssjmichael']I just searched Ghost trick and saw them. It's not really a big deal though :)[/QUOTE]

Thank you, I just did not want to take credit for finding the deal. Just wanted to update that is not backordered anymore.

Yeah Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney used to go for over $40 alone until Capcom released the bundle. I don't know if to consider it a re-print since the only major retailer that got extra copies is Capcom and Amazon. The price of the game did drop drastically in e-bay though.

Funny thing is I knew about this deal for a long time. I saw it backorder twice (no surprise) but just manage to be able to afford it now. Thanks to the huge sales of Christmas I kept spending all my money on. I'm just glad Capcom did not decided to pull a plug on this deal just yet.

[quote name='Interfeci']While you couldn't find any of the threads, it seems on 'Thread 3' your post was the second one. Ha.

This is a very nice deal.[/QUOTE]

Yeah hehe. I knew they existed so I searched for a bit. They died off after the backorder, I should of searched harder. Anyway I'm glad someone found them!

I think is the best deal these games are going to have for the next few years honestly. Specially true for Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. Just wanted to update the status of it!

Now if only Square-Enix would re-print Dragon Quest V. I seriously want that but $60 is far too much!

[quote name='xRemnant']Now if only Square-Enix would re-print Dragon Quest V. I seriously want that but $60 is far too much![/QUOTE]
You have to stumble across DQ5 at a place where no one knows its true value. I happened across a complete copy at GameStop for $34.99. Whether I had a $25 GC burning a hole in my pocket or not, I was gonna buy it for that price. Some Kmarts (none I've been to though) still have it at I think $39.99.

Aside from some luck, you're not gonna find DQ5 at an acceptable (this will vary) price.

Aside from that, I have to say that this was a pretty good idea by Capcom. They reprinted a pretty popular title, and used it to sell a new one. Smart idea, since Phoenix Wright for $12-14ish is a decent deal, and probably got thousands of these bundles to be sold.

Phoenix Wright alone is worth $30 (and then some). I'm just about to beat the final chapter and it is FANTASTIC! (Note that is it similar to a graphic novel video game.) I haven't played Ghost Trick, but it's from the same dev team, and it looks like a lot of fun!

[quote name='havoksend']The Kmarts in Scranton, PA still has DQV instock.[/QUOTE]

Looks like I will have to search all the local K-marts. Lucky you! I'm glad this thread was useful for some people.

I picked up a DQ5 at a KMart in Richmond, VA a few months ago. They're around in the better stocked Kmarts.

Capcom's bundle went backordered again. I should've jumped when i had the chance.

I got the bundle. The two games have their own physical case, artwork and everything that you would get from buying them separately from any retailer. They are just two separate games shipped together. There is no outer case to hold them together though.

[quote name='adamical']I picked up a DQ5 at a KMart in Richmond, VA a few months ago. They're around in the better stocked Kmarts.
[/QUOTE]
So you're the one who bought the copy from the Hull Street Road store?

[quote name='Vader582']So you're the one who bought the copy from the Hull Street Road store?[/QUOTE]

Ha, that was me!! Like the first week of November sometime. Obligatory small world reference.

Sorry if you've been eyeing that for awhile and I snatched it out from under you. I paid full retail for it though, since I had been looking for it for awhile after playing DQ9. I'm pretty sure I've seen it stocked at other Kmarts, sometimes in multiple copies, if you're looking for it. I feel pretty confident it was at either the Glenside Dr or Nine Mile Rd store a couple of months ago.

Is back in stock. I got my copy in mail finally two days ago. Is odd that they still selling the bundle after so long even though it keeps selling out. It is still remain the best way to get them.

bread's done
Back